Windows 10: Recently unpaired bluetooth devices appear in the 'Add a device' list even if they are...

Discus and support Recently unpaired bluetooth devices appear in the 'Add a device' list even if they are... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I suppose this is a pretty niche problem. I have two of the same device, but I can't use them while they are charging, so I use one while the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lanCarroll, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Recently unpaired bluetooth devices appear in the 'Add a device' list even if they are...

I suppose this is a pretty niche problem.

I have two of the same device, but I can't use them while they are charging, so I use one while the other charges.

Whenever I have charged one of the devices, I must unpair and re-pair it in order for it to work properly this is a problem with the device, not Windows.

However, when I try to add the new device, both the new charged device and the old empty device appear in the Add a device list. They both have the same name.

Obviously, I could just wait until I need to swap devices again before unpairing the old device, but I wondered if there was a way to stop Windows from listing recently unpaired bluetooth devices, even if they are not actually there to be discovered.

I have checked that it is definitely listing recently unpaired devices with other bluetooth devices - it's not just appearing twice by coincidence

Thanks in advance!

:)

lanCarroll, Mar 14, 2020

2. Bluetooth Devices Automatically Reinstall, and cannot be unpaired

The issue is; when I pair a device with my computer using Bluetooth I am no longer able to unpair, or even uninstall the device, as if i do, somehow windows will just automatically reinstall it even if it's not connected. This means that if i connect the device to something other than my computer, I can no longer re-pair it with my computer as it thinks that the device is still paired.

When I pair the device from the Bluetooth section of control panel, the device will disappear from the control panel Bluetooth menu, and the only way to see that the device is connected is by looking in device manager.
    Here is an image I have found of what the Bluetooth section of the control panel should look like with paired devices:

Recently unpaired bluetooth devices appear in the 'Add a device' list even if they are... [​IMG]

Now here is what mine looks like even though I have a number of devices connected:

Recently unpaired bluetooth devices appear in the 'Add a device' list even if they are... [​IMG]

Here's what I've Tried
    I have removed, and completely uninstalled all Bluetooth devices from the PC using device manager (even the hidden devices), and also uninstalled all Bluetooth applications from the control panel.
    After doing the previous steps, I reconnect the Bluetooth dongle (ASUS BT-400) and install the driver I downloaded from the Asus website. As soon as the driver for the device install, all of the previously paired (since time began) devices will install and windows will think they air all paired (again I can see this though the device manager).

I had this issue when I was on windows 8.1 and I have it again now. I did a clean install of windows 10, and the issue still persists even though I have tried two different Bluetooth adapters (to make sure one wan't faulty). How is Windows storing these devices to re-install even though they're not connected?

CyberPunked, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Bluetooth devices are not visible in "Bluetooth & other devices". Unable to unpair.

Hello everyone.

Please help me resolve my problem. I've got a Windows 10 pro 1703.

I need to pair my mouse again after using it on another computer, but I'm unable to do it, because it is already paired. I need to unpair it first, but in "Bluetooth & other devices" menu Bluetooth devices are not listed (I've got few of them).

My question is how can I repair "Bluetooth & other devices" menu to show Bluetooth devices or can I unpair it any other way (maybe command line)?

What I've already tried:

1. in device manager remove paired device. But it automatically installed after refresh.

2. in device manager remove Bluetooth adapter. But it automatically installed with all paired devices after refresh.

3. uninstall and install Bluetooth drivers. But all paired devices are listed in device manager after installation.

4. rebuild wmi

5. sfc /scannow

Recently unpaired bluetooth devices appear in the 'Add a device' list even if they are... 6e6dca50-29f8-47a4-a2dd-097f953264a4.png

Thanks.

Дмитрий Смирнов, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Recently unpaired bluetooth devices appear in the 'Add a device' list even if they are...

Bluetooth headphone doesn't appear in devices list

Hi,

My Bluetooth headphones was working without any issues on my windows 10 laptop. Suddenly it would not connect so I removed it from devices to put again but it would not appear in the list !!

It is working perfectly with my iPhone so I know the issue is not in the headphones, and my pc shows other Bluetooth devices in the area so I know that the hardware is working.

I tried the following troubleshoot steps:

1- run the Bluetooth troubleshooter

2-disable Bluetooth device ( from device manager ) and enable again

3-remove Bluetooth driver and restart

4-update all the showing drivers under bluetooth

After all that it still doesn't show in the list

mina sami rouchdi, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Recently unpaired bluetooth devices appear in the 'Add a device' list even if they are...

1. Recently unpaired bluetooth devices appear in the 'Add a device' list even if they are... - Similar Threads - Recently unpaired bluetooth

2. "Add a Bluetooth device" lists dozens of "Unknown device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Add a Bluetooth device" lists dozens of "Unknown device": About the problemIssueWhen trying to connect my computer to my Sony WH-1000XM3 Headset through Bluetooth, I cannot find the correct device. Instead I see a list of dozens and dozens of "Unknown device" that continues to update.GoalMy main goal is to get rid of all the...
  3. "Add a Bluetooth device" lists dozens of "Unknown device"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Add a Bluetooth device" lists dozens of "Unknown device": About the problemIssueWhen trying to connect my computer to my Sony WH-1000XM3 Headset through Bluetooth, I cannot find the correct device. Instead I see a list of dozens and dozens of "Unknown device" that continues to update.GoalMy main goal is to get rid of all the...
  4. Can't unpair bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't unpair bluetooth device: Whenever I click the menu button on a bluetooth device in settings, the app becomes unresponsive. I'm on Windows 11 Dev Build. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unpair-bluetooth-device/cdfaf869-427a-4823-ada0-49dde2af445a
  5. Can't unpair bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't unpair bluetooth device: Whenever I click the menu button on a bluetooth device in settings, the app becomes unresponsive. I'm on Windows 11 Dev Build. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unpair-bluetooth-device/cdfaf869-427a-4823-ada0-49dde2af445a
  6. Unable to unpair bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to unpair bluetooth devices: Starting this thread to attempt to diagnose this issue. Bluetooth devices will not unpair, when this is attempted it says that the attempt failed. I've tried several other options as well including reinstalling bluetooth drivers, removing bluetooth devices from device...
  7. Keyboard will not appear in Bluetooth devices list

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard will not appear in Bluetooth devices list: I have been having trouble with my bluetooth Microsoft keyboard and mouse, so I removed them from the system and when I tried to re-connect them they do not appear in the Bluetooth list. PLEASE help me...
  8. Failed to connection to unpaired bluetooth LE device

Failed to connection to unpaired bluetooth LE device: Hi, Win 10 Creator Update add feature to support unpaired Bluetooth LE Device connectivity (https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2017/P4178). I download "Bluetooth LE Explorer" from Microsoft Store and run it. On "Discover and Pair", I can find the designated device...
  9. Bluetooth Devices Automatically Reinstall, and cannot be unpaired

Bluetooth Devices Automatically Reinstall, and cannot be unpaired: The issue is; when I pair a device with my computer using Bluetooth I am no longer able to unpair, or even uninstall the device, as if i do, somehow windows will just automatically reinstall it even if it's not connected. This means that if i connect the device to something...
  10. Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 PC: How to: Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 PC How to Unpair a Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 PC Bluetooth is a short range wireless technology which enables wireless data transmission between two Bluetoothenabled devices located nearby each other. If one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unpaired device not showing in the list