Windows 10: Recently updated my Surface Laptop to Windows 10 Pro and my microphone has stopped working.

Discus and support Recently updated my Surface Laptop to Windows 10 Pro and my microphone has stopped working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have checked the driver properties and checked for updates for the Realtek High Def Audio(SST) and the computer shows under "Properties" that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamiRB, Aug 1, 2018.

1. JamiRB Win User

Recently updated my Surface Laptop to Windows 10 Pro and my microphone has stopped working.

I have checked the driver properties and checked for updates for the Realtek High Def Audio(SST) and the computer shows under "Properties" that the device is working fine. The microphone was working properly before I updated my laptop. I have attempted to check for more updates for Windows and the Surface itself but there appears to be no more updates. At this point I am at a loss of what to try next. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

JamiRB, Aug 1, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    surface 4 pro microphone

Hi William,

To help you with turning on your microphone on your Surface Pro 4, you may follow the steps below:

• Go to Desktop App.
    • Touch and hold on the volume icon until the box appears (or just right-click)
    • Touch Sounds.
    • Touch the Recording tab.
    • Touch the microphone that is disabled to select it.
    • Touch Properties.
    • Select Use this device (enabled).

Let us know if it answered your query.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Recently updated my Surface Laptop to Windows 10 Pro and my microphone has stopped working.

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Recently updated my Surface Laptop to Windows 10 Pro and my microphone has stopped working. :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Recently updated my Surface Laptop to Windows 10 Pro and my microphone has stopped working. - Similar Threads - Recently updated Surface

2. After updating to windows 11 22h2 my microphone has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating to windows 11 22h2 my microphone has stopped working.: After updating to windows 11 22h2 my microphone has stopped working. It is detected when it is plugged in but no sound is picked up. I have tested this with 2 different headsets and tested those headsets on a windows 10 PC and they work fine. Even doing a clean install of...
  3. After updating to windows 11 22h2 my microphone has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After updating to windows 11 22h2 my microphone has stopped working.: After updating to windows 11 22h2 my microphone has stopped working. It is detected when it is plugged in but no sound is picked up. I have tested this with 2 different headsets and tested those headsets on a windows 10 PC and they work fine. Even doing a clean install of...
  4. My Microphone stopped working on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microphone stopped working on my laptop: I use a Logitech Headset on my Laptop which is powered by Windows 10 64-bit OS. Since, today morning, the microphone is not working. I detached the Logitech headset and spoke directly on the laptop's mic on Audio Recorder app, which didn't work. Its pertinent to say that I...
  5. My Microphone stopped working on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microphone stopped working on my laptop: I use a Logitech Headset on my Laptop which is powered by Windows 10 64-bit OS. Since, today morning, the microphone is not working. I detached the Logitech headset and spoke directly on the laptop's mic on Audio Recorder app, which didn't work. Its pertinent to say that I...
  6. My Microphone stopped working on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My microphone has stopped working

My microphone has stopped working: Trouble shooting brought up a message saying Generic Audio Driver Detected and the a yellow triangle with an ! It was working yesterday. What changed is that I activated Cortana and that seems to hear me but nothing else does? The microphone is within my computer...
  8. Microphone stopped working in Skype and in Cortana on my Surface Pro 5th Gen

in Cortana
    Microphone stopped working in Skype and in Cortana on my Surface Pro 5th Gen: The microphone works fine in Recordings Windows Store native app and in Zoom, but it doesn't work in Skype and Cortana. When I used it for the last time, in the end of June, it worked fine in Skype. When I opened Skype yesterday, it asked me to login and the microphone didn't...
  9. Update has stopped my laptop from working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update has stopped my laptop from working: Hi, So my HP laptop was put onto sleep, when i opened it to use it, it was half way through an update which wasn't authorised. Despite updates constantly needing doing and slowing my computer more. Now i can log onto my computer but cannot access a single thing. Nothing...
  10. A recent windows update has stopped my dvd from working

A recent windows update has stopped my dvd from working: A recent windows update has stopped my dvd from working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-recent-windows-update-has-stopped-my-dvd-from/29a798a0-d10b-474b-b3e7-c19a7ebf4252

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows surface laptop book 2 microphone stopped working