Windows 10: Recently updated, now constantly restarting

Discus and support Recently updated, now constantly restarting in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently installed a software update that was pending. After the update my ASUS laptop will restart when it should not be. This includes when I close... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LR-NJ, Apr 1, 2021.

1. /u/LR-NJ Win User

Recently updated, now constantly restarting

I recently installed a software update that was pending. After the update my ASUS laptop will restart when it should not be. This includes when I close the lid and when it’s unplugged and running on battery power. I’ve gone through all of the settings to try to get it back to the way it was before, and nothing is working. The only way I’m able to stop it from restarting is to keep the lid open, after I changed the settings so it will not Hibernate or Sleep. This is a huge pain in the ass because I like being able to close the lid and know the computer will be locked. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!

Running windows 10 on ASUS laptop with AMD A12-9720P 2.7GHz 16GB ram 64bit os OS Build 18363.1440 Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 1909

submitted by /u/LR-NJ
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LR-NJ, Apr 1, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Recently updated, now constantly restarting :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Mouse constantly flashing with the little blue circle

So I just recently updated to Windows 10 on Sunday and now the little blue busy circle is constantly flasshing and it s driving me insane!!! Any suggestions on what this could be and how to fix it. I have already tried restarting, checked for updates on drivers and nothing is working any help would really be appreciated.

MecMec2000, Apr 1, 2021
  4. John Fer Win User

Updates failing to install (Constantly having to update manually)

Hello Liam,

This might be caused by corrupted system files. For us to know more, please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking this article to help you with your concern. This contains steps that you can perform on
    how to fix Windows updates issues.

Let us know how this goes.

John Fer, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Recently updated, now constantly restarting - Similar Threads - Recently updated constantly

2. constant restarts and bsod recent dump files included

in Windows 10 Gaming
    constant restarts and bsod recent dump files included: hi , i was playing a war thunder a couple of days ago and noticed my computer was running a bit warm so i went into my bios and since then I've had a nightmare , as soon as i went into it my computer restarted numerous times blue screen constantly , so i googled all the...
  3. constant restarts and bsod recent dump files included

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    constant restarts and bsod recent dump files included: hi , i was playing a war thunder a couple of days ago and noticed my computer was running a bit warm so i went into my bios and since then I've had a nightmare , as soon as i went into it my computer restarted numerous times blue screen constantly , so i googled all the...
  4. constant restarts and bsod recent dump files included

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I clicked restart now for the latest windows update but it is just constantly doing the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I clicked restart now for the latest windows update but it is just constantly doing the...: Title. submitted by /u/HyruleanG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9ypii/i_clicked_restart_now_for_the_latest_windows/
  6. Constantly restarts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Constantly restarts: Wifi constantly restarts, I need help to solve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constantly-restarts/97706283-4575-4077-a455-2a70488252a0
  7. Constant restarting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Constant restarting: After a recent update my computer works for so long and then restarts itself. Over and over and over again! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-restarting/34af4a37-814e-40de-8ff4-635850e57412
  8. Constantly BSOD after recent update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constantly BSOD after recent update?: I got myself a trouble, my pc keeps bluescreen after I update/upgrade my pc last month. I upgrade from HDD to SSD (and adding 8gb more ram). so I had to reintall windows 10 with it latest update, but I notice that it keeps BSOD with error notice "irql_not_less_or_equal" I...
  9. BSOD Recently changed Bios then updated drivers. Constant BSOD now

BSOD Recently changed Bios then updated drivers. Constant BSOD now: Trying to type this up fast enough before crash but I updated my B450f Mobo to latest bios along with my chipset and windows updates. I think I did to much at once now im getting BSODS. Reinstalled windows things were good until I updated my drivers Each time I installed...
  10. Constant restarts

Constant restarts: Some days my computer restarts itself numerous times. I leave for a while and come back to the welcome screen. No recent updates, I checked. What could be causing this?...