Windows 10: Recently updated, WiFi speed on my PC dropped from 70mbps to 36mbps on 5ghz but works fine...

Discus and support Recently updated, WiFi speed on my PC dropped from 70mbps to 36mbps on 5ghz but works fine... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It's a Dell Inspiron 5675 gaming PC, it always got 70mbps regardless of 2.4ghz or 5ghz. I did recently get a new router but it was working fine. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/omgitzmo, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Recently updated, WiFi speed on my PC dropped from 70mbps to 36mbps on 5ghz but works fine...

It's a Dell Inspiron 5675 gaming PC, it always got 70mbps regardless of 2.4ghz or 5ghz. I did recently get a new router but it was working fine. My phone works fine on 5ghz, not sure if it was windows update or network card driver update. Can't restore windows because of an error :/

submitted by /u/omgitzmo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/omgitzmo, Feb 9, 2020

2. Lumia 950XL 5GHz wifi issue

Thanks for your replay Mr. Jack but I have tried everything resetting my phone, router also but I have never seen my phone show the 5Ghz networks....!!! Anything else u can suggest?? It works well with the 2.5Ghz network...!! I have other phones at home which
    connects to the 5Ghz network and works fine..!! It's only my 950xl which doesn't show the 5Ghz network...!!

jebinbosco, Feb 9, 2020
  3. WiFi speed drops to ZERO

The WiFi speed suddenly drops to ZERO. It fluctuates between the maximum speed and zero, and then finally sticks to ZERO. I have tried almost everything like troubleshooting, Re-installing the WiFi driver, Disabling & Enabling the WiFi driver, etc. I have
    also tried to connect the same network with the Ethernet and it worked fine. Is this the software issue or some hardware issue?

RizwanMohnavi, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Arily Win User

Recently updated, WiFi speed on my PC dropped from 70mbps to 36mbps on 5ghz but works fine...

5ghz wifi not showing windows 10

I just got a new modem/router and it has a 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi connections...Only the 2.4ghz shows in the wifi list while the 5ghz isn't showing at all. My computer's network card does support the 5ghz and I know the 5ghz is working because I can connect to it from other devices...just not my desktop computer.

EDIT: I've attempted updating network driver, also resetting network in the settings menu. Both hasn't worked.

Arily, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Recently updated, WiFi speed on my PC dropped from 70mbps to 36mbps on 5ghz but works fine...

1. Recently updated, WiFi speed on my PC dropped from 70mbps to 36mbps on 5ghz but works fine... - Similar Threads - Recently updated WiFi

2. PC can't connect to 5GHz wifi network. 5GHz is supported by the wifi adapter in my pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC can't connect to 5GHz wifi network. 5GHz is supported by the wifi adapter in my pc.: Hello, just got a new router that supports dual band 2.4g and 5g. I set it all up, the 5g works flawlessly on my phone and laptop but my desktop pc can't connect. I can see it in my wifi list but when type the password and hit connect, it is connecting for like 30 seconds and...
  3. wifi speed drops down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi speed drops down: My wifi normal speed is 50 mbps which I get using internet speed test.After working for some time using chrome and retesting speed it shows about 30mbps.If I restart my comouter or disconnect thr wifi and reconnect I restore the 50 mbps but for unspecified time after that it...
  4. wifi speed drops down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi speed drops down: My wifi normal speed is 50 mbps which I get using internet speed test.After working for some time using chrome and retesting speed it shows about 30mbps.If I restart my comouter or disconnect thr wifi and reconnect I restore the 50 mbps but for unspecified time after that it...
  5. WIFI speed drops on 5ghz connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI speed drops on 5ghz connection: Hello,I am recently having a strange issue with my wifi. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330 laptop and a 500mbps internet speed, but when I test the speed on the 5ghz connection I get around 200mbps at the start of the test which is of course normal then it immediately falls to...
  6. Wifi 5GHz not working

Wifi 5GHz not working: Hello i have a asus laptop with lastest windows update as well i downloaded the lastest network adapter drivers tried with older versions too.The adapter in question is qualcomm qca9377 and the driver version is 12.0.0.722. Qualcomm says it supports 5 ghz and i am able to see...
  7. my pc is not recognizing wifi 5GHz

my pc is not recognizing wifi 5GHz: hi I have bought new PC and it is not recognizing my wifi 5GHz. please resolve my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-not-recognizing-wifi-5ghz/8e4a79c7-22cf-4f50-ae40-5d7567a05ecb
  8. limited speed in local 5ghz wifi hotspot

limited speed in local 5ghz wifi hotspot: Hi I have strange problem, after 2 weeks of trying to fix it, it looks like some limitation in windows but i am not sure So i have Oculus quest*, USB wifi dongle TP-link AC 1300 Archer T4U**, and i want to connect it via 5ghz wifi. I made some settings, to get 5ghz wifi....
  9. WiFi Speeds Dropped After Recent Windows Update

WiFi Speeds Dropped After Recent Windows Update: Hey, so, to keep it short, I run a 120mbps downstream, and 40 or so upstream And my windows force restarted last night, forcing me to update to the newest version, and ever since it restarted, it hasn't been able to get above a 25mbps downstream Does anybody know what the...
  10. WiFi speed drops to ZERO

WiFi speed drops to ZERO: The WiFi speed suddenly drops to ZERO. It fluctuates between the maximum speed and zero, and then finally sticks to ZERO. I have tried almost everything like troubleshooting, Re-installing the WiFi driver, Disabling & Enabling the WiFi driver, etc. I have also tried to...