Windows 10: Recently upgraded hardware, Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter can't reactivate Windows.

Discus and support Recently upgraded hardware, Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter can't reactivate Windows. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently upgraded the motherboard, CPU and RAM in my custom-built PC, and now Windows is telling me to activate. I previously had a copy of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CaelanSmyth, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Recently upgraded hardware, Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter can't reactivate Windows.

I recently upgraded the motherboard, CPU and RAM in my custom-built PC, and now Windows is telling me to activate. I previously had a copy of Windows 10 which was upgraded from Windows 7 during the free upgrade period. I no longer have access to the device on which the licence key for the old copy of Windows 7 was stored. When I run the activation troubleshooter and click the option for "I recently changed hardware on this device", I get to the Reactivate Windows screen, but when I click Activate I am brought to a screen that says "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." Has anyone else had trouble with this and found a solution that works?

:)

CaelanSmyth, Mar 15, 2019
  2. R-T-B Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

I'm not sure of the legalities of it, but the way Windows 10 is activated during the upgrade is it basically adds your mobo to a hardware whitelist using a generic key.

Thus, you replace your mobo you will lose your activation. Whether or not MS will reactivate it at that point is not something I know.

R-T-B, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Smitty3PM Win User

Recently upgraded hardware, Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter can't reactivate Windows.

Windows 10 Activation after hardware change

• "You upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, but Windows 10 isn't activated after a reinstall. Your copy of Windows 10 should automatically be activated so long as you didn't make any significant hardware changes to your device (such as replacing
      the hard drive or motherboard)."

I just recently upgraded my motherboard, graphics card, and processor. Now my Windows 10 isnt activated anymore, and when i go through the steps to troubleshoot, it says the windows activation just says.

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

anyone have an answer to this please...

Smitty3PM, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Recently upgraded hardware, Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter can't reactivate Windows.

1. Recently upgraded hardware, Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter can't reactivate Windows. - Similar Threads - Recently upgraded hardware

2. Hardware Change, Can't reactivate Win 10 using Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hardware Change, Can't reactivate Win 10 using Troubleshooter: Hi, I replaced pretty much everything in PC motherboard, gpu, psu, cpu excluding the SSDs and HDDs. Windows is not telling me I need to reactivate my copy of Windows 10. I run the troubleshooter, tell it that I've changed my hardware and select the PC that I'm using to...
  3. I can't reactivate windows using troubleshooter after hardware change.

I can't reactivate windows using troubleshooter after hardware change.: Hello, I can't seem to reactivate windows after a hardware change, even after I have tied the license onto my microsoft account. When I use the troubleshooter, it gives an error saying that I have to try again and connect to the internet, but I AM connected to the internet...
  4. Hardware upgrade, can't reactivate windows.

Hardware upgrade, can't reactivate windows.: Back in 2013-14, I built a new rig and purchased a copy of Windows 8.1. I received my free copy of Windows 10 back in 2018 for having a registered copy of 8.1, and yesterday I purchased some new hardware motherboard, processor, and RAM. After getting the hardware installed,...
  5. Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade: I recently upgraded both my CPU and motherboard, and 'Activate Windows' watermark showed up I tried the troubleshooter but it doesnt seem to work I also tried reenter the product key again and that also doesnt work. The troubleshooter doesnt show any error codes it just...
  6. Windows 10 activation troubleshooter not giving me 'recently changed hardware' option -...

Windows 10 activation troubleshooter not giving me 'recently changed hardware' option -...: Windows 10 Pro build 17134 I've just finished an upgrade to my PC, swapping motherboard, CPU and memory. I migrated the hard drives from the old machine intending to keep my system/install as was. Prior to dismantling the old system I checked that Windows was showing me as...
  7. How to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade (motherboard) if the troubleshooting...

How to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade (motherboard) if the troubleshooting...: Hello, I bought some years ago an Asus VivoPC K20CD with an integrated Windows 10 family edition licence. Recently, I did change it's motherboard and it's RAM stick and had the text in the right corner of my screen asking me to Activate windows by accessing to the...
  8. Windows license is not reactivating with Activation Troubleshooter after changing hardware

Windows license is not reactivating with Activation Troubleshooter after changing hardware: Hello. I've changed my hardware recently, Windows Activation failed now and I cannot solve it through Activation Troubleshooter. After I'm choosing the device I'm currently using I get "Unable to activate Windows". How this can be solved? I still have the same product key...
  9. Can't Activate Windows 10 after upgrading hardware

Can't Activate Windows 10 after upgrading hardware: Hello, My PC had a fatal crash so I replaced the Motherboard, CPU and Memory. I've tried the activate after changing hardware process many times and it says try later, which I have. I get the option to choose the previous PC name to activate from but it returns the answer,...
  10. Upgraded Hardware And Cannot Reactivate Windows 10

Upgraded Hardware And Cannot Reactivate Windows 10: On Christmas day I upgraded my computer and cannot reactivate my windows 10 home on the computer. I have followed the step and it did not fix my problem. I have added a new mobo and now i'm stuck with the Activate Windows mark on my screen. My windows 10 key is digital...