Windows 10: Recently upgraded to windows 10, no longer able to play games

Discus and support Recently upgraded to windows 10, no longer able to play games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently upgraded a computer I bought from a friend a few years ago from windows 7 to windows 10. I bought it specifically to play games and had no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Crowkind, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Crowkind Win User

Recently upgraded to windows 10, no longer able to play games

I recently upgraded a computer I bought from a friend a few years ago from windows 7 to windows 10. I bought it specifically to play games and had no issue with any of them until I decided to upgrade the OS.

The PC was built with unlicensed windows 7. I decided last week I didn't want to run the risk of using an unsupported OS so I bought windows 10 directly from Microsoft and installed it. Nothing else has been changed since upgrading. Now games I used to be able to play with no issue freeze up and eventually shut down the computer. The sound and screen freeze and stay frozen until the computer turns itself off after a few minutes. Streaming video or running software like spotify does not trigger the freeze.

When I reboot the computer my monitor shows the message "signal out of range change settings to 1600x900 60hz", but eventually starts up after a few minutes. Advanced display settings say it is set to 1600x900 and 60hz already. My graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 and it is correctly listed under the display adapter in device manager.

None of the hardware feels hot. I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm not even sure if the display message at reboot is related, but both the message and the PC freezing are new developments.

I've considered reverting back to windows 7 but it tells me it's been more than 10 days and does not give the option to do it. I'd really rather stick to windows 10 anyway if I can.

:)

Crowkind, Jul 24, 2020
  2. Crowkind Win User

I recently upgraded a computer I bought from a friend a few years ago from windows 7 to windows 10. I bought it specifically to play games and had no issue with any of them until I decided to upgrade the OS.

The PC was built with unlicensed windows 7. I decided last week I didn't want to run the risk of using an unsupported OS so I bought windows 10 directly from Microsoft and installed it. Nothing else has been changed since upgrading. Now games I used to be able to play with no issue freeze up and eventually shut down the computer. The sound and screen freeze and stay frozen until the computer turns itself off after a few minutes. Streaming video or running software like spotify does not trigger the freeze.

When I reboot the computer my monitor shows the message "signal out of range change settings to 1600x900 60hz", but eventually starts up after a few minutes. Advanced display settings say it is set to 1600x900 and 60hz already. My graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 and it is correctly listed under the display adapter in device manager.

None of the hardware feels hot. I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm not even sure if the display message at reboot is related, but both the message and the PC freezing are new developments.

I've considered reverting back to windows 7 but it tells me it's been more than 10 days and does not give the option to do it. I'd really rather stick to windows 10 anyway if I can.

Crowkind, Jul 26, 2020
  3. xbox one recently played games

how do you reinstall games that we bought the game disk for but no longer have but are in our profile under recently played list, or can we play/reinstall games played recently in our profile without game disk ?

AdrianMaldonadoTX, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Recently upgraded to windows 10, no longer able to play games - Similar Threads - Recently upgraded longer

2. Recently got a BOSD while playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently got a BOSD while playing a game: This is the first time that is has happened. I have tried to read the dump files using WinDbg but I had no idea what I was looking at haha.Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: a Parameter 1: 740af368 Parameter 2: 2 Parameter 3: 1 Parameter 4:...
  3. Unable to play games after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to play games after upgrading to windows 10: Hello Microsoft, I am Vian Khan. I am unable to play the games after i have upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. Windows 7 was best in gaming i have ever experienced but after i got windows 10 games just not work. I tried to uninstall and then again install the game again...
  4. Recently upgraded to windows 10, no longer able to play games

in Windows 10 Support
    Recently upgraded to windows 10, no longer able to play games: I recently upgraded a computer I bought from a friend a few years ago from windows 7 to windows 10. I bought it specifically to play games and had no issue with any of them until I decided to upgrade the OS. The PC was built with unlicensed windows 7. I decided last week I...
  5. Hibernate no longer working after most recent Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hibernate no longer working after most recent Windows 10 upgrade: I completed the latest Windows 10 upgrade. Hibernate worked fine before the upgrade, but now if I put my laptop into hibernation, it won't restart when I try to bring it out of hibernation. I just get the black ASUS start-up screen, and nothing happens. I have to force shut...
  6. No longer able to see network drive after Windows 10 1909 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No longer able to see network drive after Windows 10 1909 upgrade: Hello. I hope everyone is well in these troubling times. I have a wifi network that includes a hard drive linked via the router. Prior to the 1909 upgrade I could access this drive from the Windows laptops in the house. Now none of them can see it, yet alone access it....
  7. Recent upgrade to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent upgrade to Windows 10.: Ran an update yesterday for Windows 10 and I can no longer use Google Chrome. I've tried downloading it again, but nothing happens when I try to access/run Chrome. No error messages, just ignores the run requests. Any ideas or helpful hints....
  8. Not be able to play games on my windows 10 laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not be able to play games on my windows 10 laptop.: Hello sir , I just recently switch windows 8.1 to windows 10 . Now I was not be able to play games on my laptop. Games is successfully installed on laptop but when i try to open it it does not open. I am faceing this issue on every games that i have. Kindly help me with this...
  9. Not able to play online games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to play online games: I purchased the xbox game pass today and downloaded it so i had to download the newest windows update. After i downloaded the update i cant play games online. i can use google like i am right now. i can watch youtube fine. I tried to play overwatch and minecraft but they just...
  10. certain games no longer launching since upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    certain games no longer launching since upgrade to Windows 10: I had five games installed on my son's laptop before upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. These games were all running perfectly before the upgrade, but now only two of the five will launch. The ones that won't open, just in case anyone is familiar with them, are...