Windows 10: Recently upgraded Win 10 PC won't shut down

Discus and support Recently upgraded Win 10 PC won't shut down in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,a few days ago, I upgraded a PC from Win 7 to Win 10. I also swapped Nvidia GTX 750 Ti for an Nvidia GTX 960. Everything looked in order and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Martin Malinka, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Recently upgraded Win 10 PC won't shut down

Hi,a few days ago, I upgraded a PC from Win 7 to Win 10. I also swapped Nvidia GTX 750 Ti for an Nvidia GTX 960. Everything looked in order and functioned well until I tried to shut the PC down. The Shutdown button in the Start menu just does nothing. Same goes for the Restart button.Weirdly enough, the PC doesn't even want to shut down from cmd using the "shutdown /p" command. In this case, the "Shutting Down" screen appears, but the wheel just spins infinitely and it doesn't shut down.I've:used the Win10 tool for PC resetting and clean installation of Win10turned off Fast Startup as suggeste

:)

Martin Malinka, Oct 1, 2022
  2. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Recently upgraded Win 10 PC won't shut down [​IMG]

tamo, Oct 1, 2022
  3. tamo Win User
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Recently upgraded Win 10 PC won't shut down [​IMG]

tamo, Oct 1, 2022
  4. lse123 Win User

Recently upgraded Win 10 PC won't shut down

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

Recently upgraded Win 10 PC won't shut down

1. Recently upgraded Win 10 PC won't shut down - Similar Threads - Recently upgraded won't

2. Recently upgraded Win 10 PC won't shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recently upgraded Win 10 PC won't shut down: Hi,a few days ago, I upgraded a PC from Win 7 to Win 10. I also swapped Nvidia GTX 750 Ti for an Nvidia GTX 960. Everything looked in order and functioned well until I tried to shut the PC down. The Shutdown button in the Start menu just does nothing. Same goes for the...
  3. Recently upgraded Win 10 PC won't shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recently upgraded Win 10 PC won't shut down: Hi,a few days ago, I upgraded a PC from Win 7 to Win 10. I also swapped Nvidia GTX 750 Ti for an Nvidia GTX 960. Everything looked in order and functioned well until I tried to shut the PC down. The Shutdown button in the Start menu just does nothing. Same goes for the...
  4. PC won't shut down!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't shut down!: Dear,It's been a while since i installed windows 11, since then i'm facing weird problems! One of them is that my pc won't turn off and i have tried almost all of sulotions that i've found on internet!So how does it happened?First my wake on lan did not work after installing...
  5. PC won't shut down!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't shut down!: Dear,It's been a while since i installed windows 11, since then i'm facing weird problems! One of them is that my pc won't turn off and i have tried almost all of sulotions that i've found on internet!So how does it happened?First my wake on lan did not work after installing...
  6. PC won't shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't shut down: Installed Windows 10 on a Lenovo M81 and when clicking on shutdown from the Start menu the screen shuts off but the machine keeps running, I have to manually power off by holding down the button. The OS is on a SSD and I just updated the BIOS. Any suggestions? submitted by...
  7. PC won't shut down if it has 'slept' recently

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't shut down if it has 'slept' recently: Hello, My PC (desktop) has, for at least a year, had an issue where if I use it for a few hours, put it to sleep, wake it, do some more work, then shut it down, it never shuts down fully - the screens go blank, but the power LEDs remain on and the fans are still running, but...
  8. Windows not shutting down since the recent upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows not shutting down since the recent upgrade: Windows 10 not shutting down properly since the recent upgrade. It starts shutting down, it displays 'shutting down' then screen goes black, power light stays on and it doesn't shut down....
  9. Win 10 won't shut down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 won't shut down: After new hard drive installation...Win 10 will not shut down. My old hard drive also had Win 10 so I am really baffled by the problem. I unchecked "fast start". That didn't change anything. FYI I did check MSINFO and found that the Bios are legacy. I've been with...
  10. PC upgraded from Win 7 to WIn 10, and shuts downs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC upgraded from Win 7 to WIn 10, and shuts downs: I volunteer at a retirement community and help the residents with their computers. One lady has a Toshiba Satellite L675-S7018 laptop which came with Windows 7 several years ago. SHe was having several problems (including two viruses) so I did a clean install of Windows 10...