Windows 10: recently used and pinned file

Discus and support recently used and pinned file in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was recently forced to restore my HP laptop to original condition and reload Windows 10 Pro 64bit to solve an Offfice 2010 access problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TomSutter, Apr 1, 2019.

1. TomSutter Win User

recently used and pinned file

I was recently forced to restore my HP laptop to original condition and reload Windows 10 Pro 64bit to solve an Offfice 2010 access problem. Everything seems to be working fine now but I've noticed the Word & Excel (as well as Notepad & File Explorer for that matter) no longer offer a list of recently used files and the option to pin files when I left click on the Taskbar icon. How do I turn this feature back on?

:)

TomSutter, Apr 1, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Apr 1, 2019
  3. eidairaman1, Apr 1, 2019
  4. esmorax Win User

Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

recently used and pinned file [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

1. recently used and pinned file - Similar Threads - recently used pinned

2. Recent files showing as pinned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent files showing as pinned: Windows 11 file explorer is marking ALL my files as pinned by showing a pin, even if they are only recent files that I have not pinned. Right click does not even let me unpin them as they are not really pinned, just showing with pins. So I can't distinguish pinned from recent...
  3. Recent files showing as pinned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent files showing as pinned: Windows 11 file explorer is marking ALL my files as pinned by showing a pin, even if they are only recent files that I have not pinned. Right click does not even let me unpin them as they are not really pinned, just showing with pins. So I can't distinguish pinned from recent...
  4. Pin Files to Recent File List in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Files to Recent File List in Taskbar: Previously, as in all previous versions of Windows I was able to pin files to an application's recent file list in the taskbar. I could right-click on the app icon to bring up the list, and my pinned files would be at the top. Click on the file name and it and the app would...
  5. Pin Files to Recent File List in Taskbar

Pin Files to Recent File List in Taskbar: Previously, as in all previous versions of Windows I was able to pin files to an application's recent file list in the taskbar. I could right-click on the app icon to bring up the list, and my pinned files would be at the top. Click on the file name and it and the app would...
  6. Win 11 File Explorer not showing recently used files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 File Explorer not showing recently used files: I used File Explorer for picking up where I left off with various document. When searing in file explorer, it USED to show recently used files, if you typed the file name correctly.Why has this been removed, or, can someone please suggest a fix...
  7. Win 11 File Explorer not showing recently used files

Win 11 File Explorer not showing recently used files: I used File Explorer for picking up where I left off with various document. When searing in file explorer, it USED to show recently used files, if you typed the file name correctly.Why has this been removed, or, can someone please suggest a fix...
  8. Programs are not remembering the last used file and recently used files lists are inaccurate.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs are not remembering the last used file and recently used files lists are inaccurate.: Having an odd problem. Programs are not remembering the last used file and recently used files lists are inaccurate. A game I play regularly doesn't always load the most recent saved game when I open it up, After Effects and other programs I use for work have inaccurate...
  9. Pinned Office Files do not Stay Pinned; No Recent Files List; [Jump Lists]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinned Office Files do not Stay Pinned; No Recent Files List; [Jump Lists]: I ran into a problem again recently when I was helping set up a coworker's workspace. Right-clicking on office programs in the Task Bar for me always shows my recently opened files and files I have pinned there. His weren't showing recent files at all. He could pin files,...
  10. Quick access recently used files not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick access recently used files not showing: Hello after recent problems with my windows updates my qucik access got all weird. My recently opened/frequently used files or not showing on the left side unless pinned (which I don't want to do with some). I do have activated the "show recent files" as you can see in my...