Windows 10: Recently Viewed Files

Discus and support Recently Viewed Files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Today I have witnessed a RTC/road rage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shauna-35, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Shauna-35 Win User

Recently Viewed Files

Hello,

Today I have witnessed a RTC/road rage incident whereby the male has driven off without providing details. Police have been contacted and I have made them aware that I have dash cam footage of the incident.

I have viewed the footage on the mobile phone app, but as the footage was taking a long time to download, I have unplugged the camera so that I could plug it into my laptop and download the footage that way.

I have viewed the footage on my laptop, but have got distracted before downloading the footage and when I have gone back 30 minutes later the footage has been overwritten I believe as it is not in the folder.

The link to the footage is still in my ‘recently viewed’ section on documents on my laptop, however because the footage has moved/deleted, it will not open.

Is there any way that I can get this footage back? It is very important and I am annoyed with myself for loosing it as it could have identified the person who was responsible.

Many Thanks

:)

Shauna-35, Jun 4, 2020
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jun 4, 2020
  3. eidairaman1, Jun 4, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Recently Viewed Files

95Viper, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Recently Viewed Files

1. Recently Viewed Files - Similar Threads - Recently Viewed Files

2. Not "recent" files under recent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not "recent" files under recent: Hi, When I open my file folder there are multiple documents that were created years ago, have not been accessed or altered since but are showing up in "recent" with todays date in one drive. Any idea why? Thank you...
  3. Not "recent" files under recent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not "recent" files under recent: Hi, When I open my file folder there are multiple documents that were created years ago, have not been accessed or altered since but are showing up in "recent" with todays date in one drive. Any idea why? Thank you...
  4. View original path in Recent Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View original path in Recent Folders: I find the most convenient way to manage my project files is by using Recent Folders pinned to Quick Access.However, I am at an architectural practice and we use a common folder system in each project folder.For example each project folder contains the same set of...
  5. View original path in Recent Folders

View original path in Recent Folders: I find the most convenient way to manage my project files is by using Recent Folders pinned to Quick Access.However, I am at an architectural practice and we use a common folder system in each project folder.For example each project folder contains the same set of...
  6. file view vs folder view

file view vs folder view: I want to change the photo default to large icons NOT FOLDER/SUBFOLDER VIEW windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-view-vs-folder-view/61f48573-9b41-4f95-9432-d17387f5eaba
  7. Is it possible to view recent txt files from Notepad no longer on device?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to view recent txt files from Notepad no longer on device?: Attempting to view the .txt files from my flash drive that has been damaged. submitted by /u/kingvt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ibrafl/is_it_possible_to_view_recent_txt_files_from/
  8. viewing recently downloaded documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    viewing recently downloaded documents: I tried downloading my taxes after e-filing. The HP pavilion asks what I want to do with them and I said save. But, when I go in to see them, everything is unreadable....just gobblely gook. What is wrong....
  9. Lost "Recent Files View" in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost "Recent Files View" in Quick Access: I have lost the "Recent Files View" in Quick Access on my desktop computer. I still have it on my Surface which I have attached a screenshot from for clarification. How can I get this view back on my desktop computer? Thanks Lenox[ATTACH]...
  10. Task View / Timeline is enabled but won't show recently opened files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task View / Timeline is enabled but won't show recently opened files: Hi, Task View / Timeline is enabled. It shows me my recent MS Edge history. But it won't show me the files I have recently opened. How can I get Task View to show me the recently opened files? I also observed that using File Explorer I am ALSO not able to see my...