Windows 10: Recently, Win10 Clipboard gets overwritten by various OS actions

Discus and support Recently, Win10 Clipboard gets overwritten by various OS actions in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I started becoming aware of this maybe early-mid way through 2018. I would be copy-pasting stuff around, and sometimes content that I was expecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by radsdau, Mar 18, 2019.

1. radsdau Win User

Recently, Win10 Clipboard gets overwritten by various OS actions

I started becoming aware of this maybe early-mid way through 2018.

I would be copy-pasting stuff around, and sometimes content that I was expecting to be there, was not. I'd do it again- and it would work.

But this kept happening. To start with I convinvced myself I just had fat-fingered the keystroke. But this is not the case.

I used ClipClip to monitor the clipboard while I did a few things in File Explorer. And yes, the clipboard is definitely being overwritten, and NOT BY ME. This is a problem in Windows I believe; it didn't always do this.

At very least, if I use Ctrl-Shift-N to create a new folder, it seems to put the parent path text into the clipboard.

Also, if I right-click on a folder, I can see the same behaviour (but not always, I haven't worked out the exact conditions required for this).

A video demonstrating the problem can be found at https://youtu.be/eRHVWW4b898

I'm totally surprised that nobody else seems to be fighting with this. Perhaps they assume it's "just me" too.

Currently on 1809 / 17763.379

:)

radsdau, Mar 18, 2019

2. Where is the Clipboard?

The clipboard is not something you can find. It is (at least on the windows phone) an inaccessible part of the phone, where your last copied text is stored.

This is how it works.

• You highlight a text, and say COPY.
    • the phone OS puts information in the CLIPBOARD.
    • You go another area where text can be input and tap PASTE. Whatever information is in the CLIPBOARD gets pasted.

Jay_answers, Mar 18, 2019
  3. EVE
    eve Win User
    Actions to text

Thank you for the suggestion, I just wanted the steps recorder,
    But this app that you've showed as looking pretty cool tho Recently, Win10 Clipboard gets overwritten by various OS actions :) Thank again, I'll probably use it.
    Thank you, It was it.

4. HDcoffee Win User

HDcoffee, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Recently, Win10 Clipboard gets overwritten by various OS actions - Similar Threads - Recently Win10 Clipboard

2. protection history no recent actions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    protection history no recent actions: hello, I have windows 10, for several months windows security protection history in says "no recent actions". Even when I have a PUP alert, or a folder access blocked notification that clearly requires my action.I have the following steps to no avail. can anyone please...
  3. Text in clipboard overwritten by cutting a file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text in clipboard overwritten by cutting a file?: Dear community,A client observed that the textual clipboard e.g. after Ctrl + C or Right click > Copy operation will be emptied when a file cut operation e.g. via Ctrl + X or right click > Cut is performed. I.e. a copied text can no longer be pasted if a file cut operation...
  4. Text in clipboard overwritten by cutting a file?

Text in clipboard overwritten by cutting a file?: Dear community,A client observed that the textual clipboard e.g. after Ctrl + C or Right click > Copy operation will be emptied when a file cut operation e.g. via Ctrl + X or right click > Cut is performed. I.e. a copied text can no longer be pasted if a file cut operation...
  5. *suggestion action *on my clipboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *suggestion action *on my clipboard: I would like to use new failures of windows 11 - quickly start calls or create a calendar event but why didn't see the setting on my clipboard of windows 11?please help!...
  6. *suggestion action *on my clipboard

*suggestion action *on my clipboard: I would like to use new failures of windows 11 - quickly start calls or create a calendar event but why didn't see the setting on my clipboard of windows 11?please help!...
  7. UPDATE: Clipboard gets overwritten while performing other actions on the computer- Solved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UPDATE: Clipboard gets overwritten while performing other actions on the computer- Solved: A follow up to this thread from a couple of years back locked, so I can't edit it: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/recently-win10-clipboard-gets-overwritten-by/1e979df9-c1c3-44fd-9b42-f495dd136474?tm=1552963826942 I resolved this...
  8. Clipboard gets overwritten while performing other actions on the computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clipboard gets overwritten while performing other actions on the computer: I started becoming aware of this maybe early-mid way through 2018. I would be copy-pasting stuff around, and sometimes content that I was expecting to be there, was not. I'd do it again- and it would work. But this kept happening. To start with I convinvced myself I just...
  9. win10 os

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win10 os: *sarc I am using win10 10586 and would like to know if this is the latest on the slow ring. 50534
  10. Win10 various BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 various BSODs: I've been getting blue screens about once or twice a day since I've built my computer. So far I've got: system service exception(win32kfull) faulty hardware corrupted page Faulty hardware no equal page bad memory management (or something similiar) system thread exception...