Windows 10: recently Windows has started cursor on yes when I try to delete a file

Discus and support recently Windows has started cursor on yes when I try to delete a file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know this is a pick somewhere because it didn't used to do this. When I go to delete a file, some box appears that says "are you sure you want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ironfist, Apr 17, 2020.

1. ironfist Win User

recently Windows has started cursor on yes when I try to delete a file

I know this is a pick somewhere because it didn't used to do this. When I go to delete a file, some box appears that says "are you sure you want to delete, yes no". The cursor shifts automatically to yes. This can be bad because you might accidentally click and remove the file. It started in Macromedia Fireworks so I thought this setting got changed, but then I realized it's doing it in every window.

To illustrate, in Windows Explorer if I click on a file, then right click, then choose delete, this window opens that says do you want to delete this file, and no matter where the cursor was, it appears on yes.

How do I fix this?

:)

ironfist, Apr 17, 2020
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Apr 17, 2020
  3. eidairaman1, Apr 17, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. recently Windows has started cursor on yes when I try to delete a file - Similar Threads - recently has started

2. Trying to delete file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to delete file: under program files/modifiablewindowsapps/IntoTheBreach I am trying to delete it but it will first come up with an error that the file is not empty, try to fix that by changing owner of folder to myself, then when I try to delete it after that it then comes up with Error...
  3. I get this dialogue box when I try to delete these file folders.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I get this dialogue box when I try to delete these file folders.: I am the admin for my computer, but it says I need to provide Admin permission??? I hit continue, but nothing happens.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-this-dialogue-box-when-i-try-to-delete-these/20a90bbc-f5b4-4293-83a8-9001199f2332
  4. Trying to delete a file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to delete a file.: I've got an app downloaded on my computer called LogMeIn Hamachi. However, I don't need this anymore but it won't let me delete it. I've tried things like; going through the advanced security settings in it and doing command prompt but it doesn't work. I think it might be...
  5. Deleted file in "Recent Files"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted file in "Recent Files": Should a deleted PDF file be listed in Windows 10 "Recent Files"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-file-in-recent-files/a43e213a-9aea-4f6a-a7e2-579756076a18"
  6. error box at start up saying "the recycle bin is corrupt. delete files ( yes / no )

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    error box at start up saying "the recycle bin is corrupt. delete files ( yes / no ): my computer displays an error box at start up saying "the recycle bin is corrupt. delete files ( yes / no ). Sometimes the yes /no buttons don't work , then a power down on the computer mains button is required to get the computer restarted. please please help...
  7. Recently buyed a game Minecraft and when i tried to insert it into my CD drive when i tried...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recently buyed a game Minecraft and when i tried to insert it into my CD drive when i tried...: I have windows 10.. recently i buyed a game named Minecraft when i tried to insert disc into my CD drive it wont open like its stuck ... Any help microsoft please ?...
  8. Windows deleting all files I try to download?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows deleting all files I try to download?: I have a new dell inspiron 15 with windows 10 installed. I have noticed that every time I try to download a file, whether it is a web form, a photo or an email attachment I get a message popping up from (pre installed) McAfee saying that it contained a virus and has been...
  9. Start - Recent Files problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start - Recent Files problem: When I use start>files explorer>recent files and I double-click a file, my laptop will open the appropriate program immediately but the chosen file does not load. For example: I have an Excel file called birthdays.xls. When I go Start>Explorer>Recent files and double-click...
  10. Start Menu Recent files

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Recent files: On windows 7 it's convenient to have recent file at Start menu. How can I find this on windows 10? 11471