Windows 10: recently Windows has started cursor on yes when I try to delete a file

Discus and support recently Windows has started cursor on yes when I try to delete a file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know this is a pick somewhere because it didn't used to do this. When I go to delete a file, some box appears that says "are you sure you want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ironfist, Apr 17, 2020.

1. ironfist Win User

recently Windows has started cursor on yes when I try to delete a file

I know this is a pick somewhere because it didn't used to do this. When I go to delete a file, some box appears that says "are you sure you want to delete, yes no". The cursor shifts automatically to yes. This can be bad because you might accidentally click and remove the file. It started in Macromedia Fireworks so I thought this setting got changed, but then I realized it's doing it in every window.

To illustrate, in Windows Explorer if I click on a file, then right click, then choose delete, this window opens that says do you want to delete this file, and no matter where the cursor was, it appears on yes.

How do I fix this?

:)

ironfist, Apr 17, 2020
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Apr 17, 2020
  3. eidairaman1, Apr 17, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. recently Windows has started cursor on yes when I try to delete a file - Similar Threads - recently has started

2. I think Paint was recently upgraded and now when I try to delete or erase in a project it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think Paint was recently upgraded and now when I try to delete or erase in a project it...: I think Paint was recently upgraded and now when I try to delete or erase in a project it leaves a shaded, checkered area https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-paint-was-recently-upgraded-and-now-when-i/6022f16d-ab40-4b2e-b8c7-3fda7cfd382d
  3. I think Paint was recently upgraded and now when I try to delete or erase in a project it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think Paint was recently upgraded and now when I try to delete or erase in a project it...: I think Paint was recently upgraded and now when I try to delete or erase in a project it leaves a shaded, checkered area https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-paint-was-recently-upgraded-and-now-when-i/6022f16d-ab40-4b2e-b8c7-3fda7cfd382d
  4. I recently deleted a game via the Windows Search. But when I tried to reinstall it on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently deleted a game via the Windows Search. But when I tried to reinstall it on the...: I've tried many things to attempt to solve this, such as using a Restore Point, resetting my PC, resetting Microsoft Store, etc. Others have had similar problems, but none of their suggestions have worked so far....
  5. I recently deleted a game via the Windows Search. But when I tried to reinstall it on the...

I recently deleted a game via the Windows Search. But when I tried to reinstall it on the...: I've tried many things to attempt to solve this, such as using a Restore Point, resetting my PC, resetting Microsoft Store, etc. Others have had similar problems, but none of their suggestions have worked so far....
  6. Error when I try to delete a OneDrive file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when I try to delete a OneDrive file: Hi, I was just setting up my new computer, but when I tried to alter a file synced to my new desktop from my OneDrive, I got this error message:Error 0x8007016A: The cloud provider is not running.Does anyone what might be causing this error, and how I might be able to fix...
  7. Error when I try to delete a OneDrive file

Error when I try to delete a OneDrive file: Hi, I was just setting up my new computer, but when I tried to alter a file synced to my new desktop from my OneDrive, I got this error message:Error 0x8007016A: The cloud provider is not running.Does anyone what might be causing this error, and how I might be able to fix...
  8. System has recently started to crash.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System has recently started to crash.: Over the past 2 days my pc has crashed twice, and earlier in the week it crashed once. Earlier my pc froze but the audio kept playing before eventually it rebooted. I've used windows debugger to analyse my dump file but i'm not really sure what I'm looking at. Microsoft...
  9. Deleted file in "Recent Files"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted file in "Recent Files": Should a deleted PDF file be listed in Windows 10 "Recent Files"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-file-in-recent-files/a43e213a-9aea-4f6a-a7e2-579756076a18"
  10. Start Menu Recent files

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Recent files: On windows 7 it's convenient to have recent file at Start menu. How can I find this on windows 10? 11471