Windows 10: Recently your company made unauthorized changes to my software, I have a few questions

Discus and support Recently your company made unauthorized changes to my software, I have a few questions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently your company made unauthorized, unwanted changes to my software without my consent, approval and without notification. The color of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by joemoris, Apr 9, 2021.

1. joemoris Win User

Recently your company made unauthorized changes to my software, I have a few questions

Recently your company made unauthorized, unwanted changes to my software without my consent, approval and without notification. The color of my selected item was altered and the taskbar was less visible. Why was this done?

At which time was a a decision made to change my interface? I'm curious as to the timing of when it was decided that you can take an action like this.

What was the reason for this change? Why would your company make alterations to my software?

In your opinion, what do you think gives you the power to change the way my display works? Is there something in the EULA that forces me to surrender my rights to use the product in the manner I was accustomed to? If not, what prompted your company to supersede my right to use the software as I had it setup to be used in? Was this done in order to intimidate me or other users? Was it done to show us that your company has control over my/our products? Was this decision made in order to show the user base that your company has the final say in how my appearance settings are administered?

Why was the color of my selected item altered?

Why is the custom color function not working?

What is the name of the individual who made this decision? What is their address? City, State and street number please.

Do I have any rights to make alterations to your software, place of business or facilities?

What shall be done to compensate for my lost time and constant aggravation? I have lost a great deal of productivity due to not being easily to identify the selected item or taskbar? My losses stem from having to play photo hunt sometimes several hundred times a day and the rage, fury and absolute hatred of your company that has caused this. Would it be possible for me to have everyone employed at Microsoft to endure what I have had to go through - and am still going through because of your unwanted changes to my interface?

Why does the color not change when I use custom colors to replicate as best I can, the color that you chose to change without my consent?

If you will not immediately fix the problem or compensate me today, what should be done to make up for your intrusion and my loss?

Does your company plan to make more unwanted changes to my software in the future?

:)

joemoris, Apr 9, 2021
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Apr 9, 2021
  4. the jimmy Win User

Recently your company made unauthorized changes to my software, I have a few questions

Unauthorized changes blocked

Using an older program, Paint Shop Pro 7, trying to save a photo to a new location such as the desktop or a library I am not allowed, and get this message.

I am trying to save this file yet the message seems to suggest I am searching for it!

Recently your company made unauthorized changes to my software, I have a few questions [​IMG]

the jimmy, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Recently your company made unauthorized changes to my software, I have a few questions - Similar Threads - Recently company made

2. I have an unauthorized charge on my card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an unauthorized charge on my card: I have a charge on my debit card in the amount of $76.02 from MICROSOFT 1507 EDI PAYMNT. I've logged into multiple accounts and the charge isn't found in any order history. I tried tracing the charge using the investigate feature and still it didn't come up....
  3. Is there a way to review recent changes I made.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to review recent changes I made.: Hello Operator is a term I am all to familiar with. In trying to respond to a request abouta recently purchased item, my review would not leave the desktop due to it being "optout". The previous day I closed several tabs that I cannot find today. I have been thru...
  4. Is there a way to review recent changes I made.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to review recent changes I made.: Hello Operator is a term I am all to familiar with. In trying to respond to a request abouta recently purchased item, my review would not leave the desktop due to it being "optout". The previous day I closed several tabs that I cannot find today. I have been thru...
  5. How to find replies to a question I have made?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find replies to a question I have made?: G'day,I asked a question about how do I update my password etc. I cannot find my question or any replies. Please could somebody tell me how to find them.Cheers Perry...
  6. How to find replies to a question I have made?

How to find replies to a question I have made?: G'day,I asked a question about how do I update my password etc. I cannot find my question or any replies. Please could somebody tell me how to find them.Cheers Perry...
  7. I have a few questions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a few questions.: First, should I turn AMD tessellation setting to overide, and set max level to 0 for global settings? I've heard a lot of people say it helps in games, but I want to know if I should do it for my whole pc. Second, should I turn on Nvidia low latency or AMD Anti-lag for my...
  8. I have a few questions.

I have a few questions.: First, should I turn AMD tessellation setting to overide, and set max level to 0 for global settings? I've heard a lot of people say it helps in games, but I want to know if I should do it for my whole pc. Second, should I turn on Nvidia low latency or AMD Anti-lag for my...
  9. Unauthorized payment made by Microsoft*Xbox

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unauthorized payment made by Microsoft*Xbox: Hello, I have an issue with my billing. Recently I bought Minecraft for Windows 10 in the Microsoft Store. I decided to refund it so I placed a refund request which was accepted by Microsoft. Right after my request was accepted, an unauthorized payment was made by Microsoft...
  10. Boxcryptor users - I have a few questions . . .

Boxcryptor users - I have a few questions . . .: Up front: I have not yet installed Boxcryptor (or other similar software). Before giving it a try I would like to ask some questions. Maybe what I am thinking of isn't possible. Scenario now: on both my PC and laptop, my files are stored within a TrueCrypt like container, I...