Windows 10: receptacles

Discus and support receptacles in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use surge suppressors. On one surge suppressor I have 8 devices like the pc, monitor, speakers, phone, lamp, gateway and printer. I use one plug of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by maranna, Jan 26, 2021.

1. maranna Win User

receptacles

I use surge suppressors.
    On one surge suppressor I have 8 devices like the pc, monitor, speakers, phone, lamp, gateway and printer.
    I use one plug of the receptacle, as the other plug runs the lamp off the wall switch..

Am I better off with all on one 15 amp receptacle as above or using a heavy duty extension cord and running half off one receptacle and another off the adjacent wall?

:)

maranna, Jan 26, 2021

2. Blown HDMI receptacle?

I have a month old HP laptop and use a 32" Vizio HDTV as a monitor. Everything has been working fine when all of a sudden the screen went black. I opened the laptop and that was black too (it usually comes on) .

Getting into panic mode, I did a hard shut down. I unplugged the peripherals, and booted the laptop, and the monitor came on, phew. Plugged the HDMI back in, black. Unplugged, back on.

I tested the TV on the cable box using HDMI and it worked fine. I tested the HDMI cable and that works too. I can only assume the problems lies in the laptop HDMI receptacle. Is there another way to test, or self-diagnose the receptacle?

EDIT: I should add if I plug the HDMI with the TV off, the laptop screen (when on dual screen) goes black. If I plug in the HDMI cord when attached to nothing there's doesn't appear to be a problem.

Hikertrash, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Windows Live Mail 2011

I did what you suggested. The process went well. I now have MAIL.

I keep being shown a diary with the date 12th July prominent. Is that good?

I sent an email to myself and it arrived at my 2011 receptacle. It may also have been received by my MAIL RECEPTACLE. I must look

question: does mail now have all my accumulated inbox and sent item baggage? Is that a problem?

I am delighted to have got this far without causing a crisis. If you could take me a step further in the accustomisation process, I will be yr slave indefinitely.

When I use WLM2011 I am accustomed to check the date and time, access my inbox, update my drafts, compose and send a few messages, and so on.

am I one day going to be able to the the same on MAIL?

Many tanks for yr help so far,

andrew

andrewsimpsonAF, Jan 26, 2021
  4. receptacles

Asus LCD poster

Molex Microblade

MicroBlade™ 51004 series 4-pins. They are 2mm pitch and the crimp receptacles are listed for 24-30 AWG wire. If this is as big as 30, I would be surprised. This is some small wire.

Geoffreava, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

receptacles

1. receptacles - Similar Threads - receptacles

2. Blown HDMI receptacle?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Blown HDMI receptacle?: I have a month old HP laptop and use a 32" Vizio HDTV as a monitor. Everything has been working fine when all of a sudden the screen went black. I opened the laptop and that was black too (it usually comes on) . Getting into panic mode, I did a hard shut down. I unplugged...
  3. Blown HDMI receptacle?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blown HDMI receptacle?: I have a month old HP laptop and use a 32" Vizio HDTV as a monitor. Everything has been working fine when all of a sudden the screen went black. I opened the laptop and that was black too (it usually comes on) . Getting into panic mode, I did a hard shut down. I unplugged...