Windows 10: recieving a scanned file

Discus and support recieving a scanned file in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i cant recieve a scanned file from my fax machine, it has always worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CraterLake, May 6, 2019.

1. recieving a scanned file

i cant recieve a scanned file from my fax machine, it has always worked

:)

CraterLake, May 6, 2019

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, May 6, 2019
  3. avemaria Win User
    right click scan in windows defender?

thanks for that.. i didn't notice the tutorial section :x

I did the suggested registry change and it's now listed on the desktop context menu.. but all this does is ask if I want to open it, update, or start a scan... I was hoping for the option where you right click a specific file and it will have listed 'scan with windows defender' like other antivirus programs have.. MSE had it. I'll keep looking around to see if I can find it in the meantime..

avemaria, May 6, 2019
  4. accoesJo Win User

recieving a scanned file

Can't recieve files over bluetooth

I also have this problem with recieving files at the moment with Windows 10.

I opened Windows "Settings" from the start menu and typed in Bluetooth to open the app..

When trying to Send music onto a phone, the error occured "An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used".

I used driver update solution such as Dalek initially:

To download and update the drivers for all chipsets I used a volunteer-developed updater software "Snappy Driver Installer Lite"

• this software is very useful and quite easy to use,
    • volunteers rely on donations to continue to provide this software
    A possibly easier to use software to do this would be a paid one such as "Driver Easy"

Then the next step to the solution that partly worked for me for 'Sending' files from Windows 10 to phone was from Salam Roben Singh:

• Click Windows start button
    • Type 'Command Prompt'
    • Right click the 'Command Prompt', click 'Run as Administrator', and click 'Yes' in 'User account control' window
    • Type 'netsh winsock reset' and press Enter
    • Restart windows

recieving a scanned file ca4fb73d-e7ec-4570-9f7f-bf27b428f6f8.png

I was then able to send files from Windows to device

However I still can't recieve files to Windows from any paired device using bluetooth, I get the following error message:

("requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found")

accoesJo, May 6, 2019
Thema:

recieving a scanned file

1. recieving a scanned file - Similar Threads - recieving scanned file

2. all downloads recieve "virus scan failed" message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all downloads recieve "virus scan failed" message: hello,I am currently facing the issue of not being able to dowanload any files. I saw there were several locked threads about it, but none of it seems to help.what I have tried so far following answers on locked threads:1. uninstalling my antivirus - I have no antivirus...
  3. all downloads recieve "virus scan failed" message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    all downloads recieve "virus scan failed" message: hello,I am currently facing the issue of not being able to dowanload any files. I saw there were several locked threads about it, but none of it seems to help.what I have tried so far following answers on locked threads:1. uninstalling my antivirus - I have no antivirus...
  4. all downloads recieve "virus scan failed" message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. all dowloads recieve "virus scan failed" message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all dowloads recieve "virus scan failed" message: hello,I am currently facing the issue of not being able to dowanload any files. I saw there were several locked threads about it, but none of it seems to help.what I have tried so far following answers on locked threads:1. uninstalling my antivirus - I have no antivirus...
  6. all dowloads recieve "virus scan failed" message

all dowloads recieve "virus scan failed" message: hello,I am currently facing the issue of not being able to dowanload any files. I saw there were several locked threads about it, but none of it seems to help.what I have tried so far following answers on locked threads:1. uninstalling my antivirus - I have no antivirus...
  7. all dowloads recieve "virus scan failed" message

8. unabe to recieve

unabe to recieve: HELP...I'm unable to receive but can send email via my outlook page. i do have a Verizon address. i can't get anywhere with microsoft help pages. just goes around in circles to me....
  9. blurtooth not recieving and sending files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blurtooth not recieving and sending files: whenever I go for receiving and sending files on Bluetooth it says windows was unable to transfer some files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blurtooth-not-recieving-and-sending-files/d51b88ae-d32e-49be-9302-6bb858b064c0
  10. Scan file

Scan file: How do you reduce the size of the file you are trying to email or download? Every time I try to send a file from the file folder it takes up the whole screen and it won't process. I get error messages saying it is too large....