Windows 10: recieving and sending faxes

Discus and support recieving and sending faxes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i want to get rid of my home phone..Will I be able to send and recieve faxes? I am not too good on computer.so please simple/easy directions...THANK... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kateryan618, Mar 25, 2021.

1. recieving and sending faxes

i want to get rid of my home phone..Will I be able to send and recieve faxes? I am not too good on computer.so please simple/easy directions...THANK you.I just added a new printer with help from hp,and they had to add a driver? i already had a working printer not sure why they had to asdd driver?

:)

kateryan618, Mar 25, 2021

2. how do you send and recieve faxes on your computer?

She doesn't need a separate line(unless shes using it all the time), never used one with my computer. I know many places still use fax, not sure why or how even. My Cuzin uses his fax(all in one)with his computer, and he still uses the fax. Could just copy it then Email it, I guess a fax is harder to intercept then an Email? Usually the Icon appears when it has a message to send but can't send it. Fax over internet link>
    fax over the internet - Google Suche

How to Fax over internet
    How to Fax over the Internet: 4 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

jaggerwild, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Frick Win User
    how do you send and recieve faxes on your computer?

In some countries they need physical papers for legal reasons. Also because they like it.

Frick, Mar 25, 2021
  4. keakar Win User

recieving and sending faxes

how do you send and recieve faxes on your computer?

I have a friend who has a fax machine and she would like to hook it up but she heard you need a separate phone line and phone number for it.

she also asked about the fax icon thing that shows on her computer in the printers and fax section, she asked if that was a built in fax machine? and you know, that's a great question I cant answer.

I never learned anything about that feature in windows or how it works so I come to you guys to see who knows this stuff.

1 - she would like to be able to send and receive faxes through her computer without needing a fax machine at all and just using her all in one (print/scan/copy) printer (no it doesn't say its a fax as well) and the wireless internet connection to do it. would it be as easy as just buying a 4 in 1 (printer/scanner/copier/fax) machine and plug it into your computer?

2 - if that cant be done then how about option 2 - she would like to hook up her fax machine to work "with" her computer to connect by wireless internet rather then phone line.

3 - if both of those cant be done then how about option 3 - she would like to hook up her fax machine to work "with" her computer to connect by phone without needing a second phone line and phone number.

keep in mind I do not even have the most basic knowledge of fax machines and how they function, so please tell me the most practical way to set up sending and receiving faxing ability to a wireless desktop computer

keakar, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

recieving and sending faxes

1. recieving and sending faxes - Similar Threads - recieving sending faxes

2. Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...: For quite a long time now, we cannot send faxes via Windows Fax and Scan to any machine/server that answers the call without ringing but immediately answers with a fax tone. Our end will never initiate the send and returns a "No Answer" response. I can always manually send...
  3. Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...: For quite a long time now, we cannot send faxes via Windows Fax and Scan to any machine/server that answers the call without ringing but immediately answers with a fax tone. Our end will never initiate the send and returns a "No Answer" response. I can always manually send...
  4. Win 10 Faxes not sending

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Faxes not sending: Win 10 faxes are not sending. The modem diagnostics are good; the faxes are shown as pending but the modem does not open the phone line and send the faxes.Peter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-faxes-not-sending/d2d43b6b-fdfb-4665-863c-c2e96a0c6154
  5. Win 10 Faxes not sending

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Faxes not sending: Win 10 faxes are not sending. The modem diagnostics are good; the faxes are shown as pending but the modem does not open the phone line and send the faxes.Peter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-faxes-not-sending/d2d43b6b-fdfb-4665-863c-c2e96a0c6154
  6. 0 KBPS SEND AND RECIEVE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    0 KBPS SEND AND RECIEVE: When I try updating or installing game my download speed goes from 6mbps to 0mbps, then when I look at task manager performance I click on network and find that my send and receive are 0kbps I don't know how to fix this at all I don't know if this has to do with my computer...
  7. Windows Fax and Scan feature missing, can't send faxes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Fax and Scan feature missing, can't send faxes: Hello, I've got a client whose computer is unable to send faxes. She's never used Windows fax and scan on her computer before so I can't say if this is a new problem or if it's been around for a while. She can setup an account in the windows fax and scan program without...
  8. blurtooth not recieving and sending files

blurtooth not recieving and sending files: whenever I go for receiving and sending files on Bluetooth it says windows was unable to transfer some files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blurtooth-not-recieving-and-sending-files/d51b88ae-d32e-49be-9302-6bb858b064c0
  9. cannot send faxes.

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot send faxes.: tried to send eFax several days ago but no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-send-faxes/222aca10-d91b-4d9b-9874-9ea5dac1a8ad
  10. FAX send with Windows 10

FAX send with Windows 10: Hi: I recently upgraded from Win8.1. This is the first time that I am attempting to send a FAX with Win10. I have a two-sheet PDF document to send. I am getting an error message saying something about needing a FAX server ?? I have MS2003 Word, Apache Open Office,...