Windows 10: recimg

Discus and support recimg in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; While doing some research i found that previous builds allowed you to create a custom image (including installed programs) that can be used to refresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JUANNY, Aug 2, 2015.

1. JUANNY Win User

recimg

While doing some research i found that previous builds allowed you to create a custom image (including installed programs) that can be used to refresh the installation while maintaining installed programs intact. However when i tried it with the release build it failed due to the removal of the recimg.exe tool from the release build. Does anyone know why it was removed and whether it might come back in the future?

:)

JUANNY, Aug 2, 2015
  2. Andrei V. Win User

windows 10 to windows 8.1 downgrade

Forget "recimg" "rollback" and the other "automated" Windows 8 system restore feature. They are really really bad.

I used recimg once and restored from it. Never again.

The best system image method that is built into Windows and works great is
    wbadmin

It is command line and it takes a lot of space (no compression) but it never failed me (and I used it many many times). Plus, images created with
    wbadmin are bare metal restorable.

So before the upgrade, create an image with wbadmin (it works in 7 and 8), do the upgrade, play with Windows 10, if you don't like it for any reason just restore the image and you are done. No recimg, or rollback or other unpolished Microsoft tools.

Andrei V., Aug 2, 2015
  3. Custom Recovery Image tool RECIMG

The recimg tool in windows 8.1 is missing in windows 10. It was there in early previews. Has this been replaced by a different tool or is it now located somewhere else?

larry11111, Aug 2, 2015
  4. idealpc Win User

recimg

I too am highly disappointed that this is missing! Part of my business is building custom PC's so recimg is an invaluable tool. Be interested to see if there's a way round this?

idealpc, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

recimg

1. recimg - Similar Threads - recimg

2. Can i use the recimg from another partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i use the recimg from another partition?: Currently im locked out of my primary windows partition because it cant boot. I'm currently on another partition trying my best to recover it. i want to refresh my windows but i really dont want to reinstall over 400GB of desktop apps. so after reading i stumbled across a...