Windows 10: Reclaim Windows 10 pro license for use on another machine

Discus and support Reclaim Windows 10 pro license for use on another machine in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, A couple of years ago I bought an RCA Cambio that came with Windows Home edition installed. Since the Cambio has a 64 bit Atom processor, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RobertLamothe1, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Reclaim Windows 10 pro license for use on another machine

Hi,

A couple of years ago I bought an RCA Cambio that came with Windows Home edition installed. Since the Cambio has a 64 bit Atom processor, I purchased an upgrade to Window 10 Pro to take advantage of the 64 bit processor. I performed the upgrade only to find that I was still running in 32 bit. I could find no way to enable 64 bit on this machine, it seemed that there was some sort of hardware detect that prevented 64 bit. I find this odd as I purchased a Cambio a few years before this new one was a replacement and it could run 64bit.

The purpose that I put the Cambio to has not been satisfactory so I've dragged out an old Thinkpad from my stash and I want to set that one up. I'd like to use the Windows Pro license on this Thinkpad and put the Cambio back to Windows Home. Is there a process that will allow me to do this? I expect it will require a full wipe and replacement of the OS on my hard drives on both machines which is fine, but what about my licensing? Since Windows came on my Cambio will Microsoft recognize the Home license and will I be able to use the pro license on my Thinkpad?

Thanks

-Bob

:)

RobertLamothe1, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Robert_os Win User

Move windows 10 pro license from virtual machine to physical machine.

I need to move a windows 10 pro license from a virtual machine to a physical machine. The license has been bought as windows 10 pro not upgrade etc. The thing is that the computer (Mac book pro) where the virtual machine used to live is now dead beyond
    repair and to expensive to use. So I want to install windows 10 on a dell laptop now but I cant deactivate the old license on the virtual machine. Any suggestions?

Robert_os, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Andre Da Costa, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Reclaim Windows 10 pro license for use on another machine

Windows 10 Pro's license completely glitched out after changing motherboard and CPU

We appreciate your reply. For us to know more about the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you manage to deactivate Windows 10 Pro first before replacing your motherboard?
    • Do you still have the written copy of your product key?
    • Are you using the same hard disk where your Windows 10 Pro product key has been activated? If not, where is this hard disk?
    • Did you replace your hard disk along with your motherboard and CPU?
    • What is the edition of Windows activated on your computer? To know, press Windows + S. Type About, and click it.

Meanwhile, we recommend that you deactivate and uninstall your Windows 10 Pro license from your old motherboard and reinstall it back on your machine using the steps below:

Step 1: Check your your Windows 10 Pro product key using Windows Powershell or Command prompt. Follow the steps below and note down your product key:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click Command Prompt (admin).
    • Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
      and press Enter:
    • The product key will be revealed, copy the product key.

Step 2: Deactivate and uninstall the Windows 10 Pro Product Key from the old motherboard since it has your license. Follow the steps below:

• To know the Activation ID of your Windows installation. Open a command prompt using the Windows search box and type in
      slmgr.vbs /dlv and press Enter. This will display the detailed license information for the installed operating system.
    • A window will open up and will give you details about your Windows licensing and activation status. Look for
      Activation ID and note it down.
    • On the same command prompt window, type in slmgr /upk <your Activation ID> and press
      Enter. This uninstalls the product key of the current Windows edition. After a restart, the system will be in an Unlicensed state unless a new product key is installed.

Step 3: Activate your Windows 10 Pro to your machine after uninstalling it due to a hardware change, follow the steps below:

• Open a command prompt using the Windows search box and type in
      slmgr /ipk <Windows Product Key> and press Enter.
    • If the key is valid and applicable, the key is installed. If a key is already installed, it is silently replaced. If the key is invalid, an error is returned.
    • Open your Control Panel you will see Windows is activated message.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Reclaim Windows 10 pro license for use on another machine

1. Reclaim Windows 10 pro license for use on another machine - Similar Threads - Reclaim pro license

2. Reclaim License key from deleted VMware Workstation machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reclaim License key from deleted VMware Workstation machine.: HiI installed Window 10 Pro with my license key in a VMWare Workstation machine.There was some issue with the Workstation so I ended deleting my the virtual machine, however, when I installed new Virtual machine Virtual box this time and tried to use the same license, it says...
  3. Reclaim License key from deleted VMware Workstation machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reclaim License key from deleted VMware Workstation machine.: HiI installed Window 10 Pro with my license key in a VMWare Workstation machine.There was some issue with the Workstation so I ended deleting my the virtual machine, however, when I installed new Virtual machine Virtual box this time and tried to use the same license, it says...
  4. Reclaim License key from deleted VMware Workstation machine.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. How to transfer Windows 10/11 Pro upgrade license to another machine?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to transfer Windows 10/11 Pro upgrade license to another machine?: Hello.About a month ago I purchased an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store, but my laptop developed certain issues, so I had to buy a new one, loaded with Windows 11 Home.Is there any way I cancel my upgrade on the old machine and transfer it...
  6. How to transfer Windows 10/11 Pro upgrade license to another machine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer Windows 10/11 Pro upgrade license to another machine?: Hello.About a month ago I purchased an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store, but my laptop developed certain issues, so I had to buy a new one, loaded with Windows 11 Home.Is there any way I cancel my upgrade on the old machine and transfer it...
  7. How to transfer Windows 10/11 Pro upgrade license to another machine?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Reclaim OEM installed Windows 10 license and use in VM

Reclaim OEM installed Windows 10 license and use in VM: I've received a laptop from my employer. We work on GNU/Linux system and now the need to have a windows VM arised as one of the tools is only available on windows. Is it possible to reclaim the original license? I have the product key but a new installation says that it's...
  9. transfer windows 10 pro to another machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer windows 10 pro to another machine: Hi! I purchased Windows 10 Pro less than a year ago, but now I no longer have access to my old Alienware laptop to uninstall it there. How can I install W Pro to my new machine?...
  10. Windows 10 Pro - Transfer License from one machine to another?

Windows 10 Pro - Transfer License from one machine to another?: So if you look through my post history you'll see that my digital license for Windows Home will no longer activate as I had to replace my motherboard. So I have been forced to purchase a new key, even though I already spent $129.99. So I purchasedWindows 10 Pro from the...