Windows 10: Reclaiming Apps for re-install after re-install W10

Discus and support Reclaiming Apps for re-install after re-install W10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been digging through many fora for this obvious issue...cannot find. Once I wipe out all the apps and data by a Re-install / Clean Install: I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eliot Mess, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Reclaiming Apps for re-install after re-install W10

I've been digging through many fora for this obvious issue...cannot find.

Once I wipe out all the apps and data by a Re-install / Clean Install:
    I got the data backed up, but there was backup of the apps.

How do I get the paid ones back?

Surely not >Store Support> whiny letter> ask for proof of purch > blah blah... for each and every one?

:)

Eliot Mess, Aug 20, 2015
  2. neilpzz Win User

re-install W10?

You can use the Reset option to return windows to a clean state or use the Media Creation Tool to create your own install media.

Download Windows 10

If it asks for a key when you are installing windows select Skip, Do this later or I'm re-installing windows. It will auto activate when the install completes and has access to the internet. Select a Custom install and remove all windows partitions.

neilpzz, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Vespa001 Win User
    re-install W10?

I have W10 Pro, but no disc.

How to I repair or re-install W10 Pro without any recoverable media please?

I have partitioned my drive so that all my personal files are not on C:

Thanks

Vespa001, Aug 20, 2015
  4. Word Man Win User

Reclaiming Apps for re-install after re-install W10

When you do a clean install, your apps are wiped out (assuming apps = the programs you had on there and paid for). A "data" backup will not include all the files and registry entries for programs you had that they need to be present and workable.

Usually, before I do a clean install, I use Belarc Advisor (an example) which will print a list of your programs and any product/registration keys you entered when you installed them. Then I laboriously go through the list, manually reinstalling the programs (leaving out any manufacturer crapware or other fluff programs) I want on my system and entering the keys I purchased.

If by "apps" you mean Metro Apps you purchased at the Store, that's another issue altogether which I haven't any experience in.

Word Man, Aug 20, 2015
Thema:

Reclaiming Apps for re-install after re-install W10

1. Reclaiming Apps for re-install after re-install W10 - Similar Threads - Reclaiming Apps install

2. Re-installation of your product after re-installation of OS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-installation of your product after re-installation of OS: Hi, I am your customer.In 2019 I bought from you Microsoft Visio Professional 2019. I have an invoice number and order reference and the whole receipt. I need to re-install my operational System Windows 10. After that, I will need to re-install Visio. I do not remember if I...
  3. Re-installation of your product after re-installation of OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-installation of your product after re-installation of OS: Hi, I am your customer.In 2019 I bought from you Microsoft Visio Professional 2019. I have an invoice number and order reference and the whole receipt. I need to re-install my operational System Windows 10. After that, I will need to re-install Visio. I do not remember if I...
  4. Re-installation of your product after re-installation of OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Re-install Netflix App

Re-install Netflix App: Hello Long ago I installed Netflix from Micro. Store on my PC. Then I deleted it to save space. Now I wish to download it again but I can,t install it. Its says that I own it in the Microsoft Store. How can I fix this? Thnks...
  6. Re-installing apps after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-installing apps after reset: Reset my PC and found that I`d lost all my non Windows apps. i.e Adobe Reader Picasa and a few others. How do I get them back? Especially as I paid for some! . They are all listed under the icon on the desktop some in blue text, some in black. Chris...
  7. replace motherboard and re-install W10

replace motherboard and re-install W10: Hi All, Excuse the repetition of questions. I seem to go word blind looking at the permutations to same questions. Very basically I am replacing my Motherboard for the same as the one that decided it didn't want to play anymore and just transferring the CPU to that new...
  8. re installing an app

re installing an app: i had to delete drawboard pdf as it had an error how do i reinstall it without having to pay again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-installing-an-app/00395d1d-bd29-46de-ad62-31d3581808c9
  9. RE-INSTALL APPS

RE-INSTALL APPS: How to ee-install apps removed while resetting my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-install-apps/4a112fc8-1390-4834-85cd-5d8097f5cae9
  10. Re-Installing W10

Re-Installing W10: Hi, HP desktop. I upgraded from W7 Pro to W10 Pro. I do not have W7 product key. I would like to fresh install W10 Pro because my PC has so much junk. I will use a W10 ISO file downloaded from the web. Will I be asked for a key when re-installing W10.....? Thank...