Windows 10: Reclaiming space on HDD after resetting game

Discus and support Reclaiming space on HDD after resetting game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello all,I was playing Halo Infinites new campaign through the Xbox app with a gamepass subscription. My game crashed, and afterwards, I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CreamPuffDuff, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Reclaiming space on HDD after resetting game

Hello all,I was playing Halo Infinites new campaign through the Xbox app with a gamepass subscription. My game crashed, and afterwards, I tried rebooting the game to be only greeted by that awful gaming services bug that brings you to the gaming services page in the Microsoft store. I uninstalled and reinstalled the gaming services a few times to no avail. Turns out it was an issue with Halo Infinite itself rather than gaming services as a whole as I could boot up other games no problem.I went into Win10 Settings > Apps to go and repair Halo Infinite before going to the uninstall and reinst

:)

CreamPuffDuff, Dec 8, 2021

2. Reclaim space on hdd

I need to reclaim some space on the hard drive that my Windows 10 is installed on this pc.

There is a Windows.old.000 folder (13.2 GB)

and a

Windows.old folder (9.09 GB).

Can I still use Disk Cleanup with Windows 10 to do this, and is it ok to do it?

ventanasguy, Dec 8, 2021
  3. Rysdan Win User
    Added SSD to Laptop. What's the Best Way to Reclaim Space on HDD

Reclaiming space on HDD after resetting game [​IMG]

Rysdan, Dec 8, 2021
  4. BunnyJ Win User

Reclaiming space on HDD after resetting game

Reclaim space on hdd

Yes,, and here is a nice tutorial from Brink.
    Windows.old Folder - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

BunnyJ, Dec 8, 2021
Thema:

Reclaiming space on HDD after resetting game

1. Reclaiming space on HDD after resetting game - Similar Threads - Reclaiming space HDD

2. Can't reclaim offline file space on HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reclaim offline file space on HDD: I can't work out how to reclaim offline file space on my HDDI was using a large amount of space for offline file storage on the diskI now want to use this space for conventional storage. I've tried the following steps:1. I simply disabled offline files and rebooted. However...
  3. Can't reclaim offline file space on HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reclaim offline file space on HDD: I can't work out how to reclaim offline file space on my HDDI was using a large amount of space for offline file storage on the diskI now want to use this space for conventional storage. I've tried the following steps:1. I simply disabled offline files and rebooted. However...
  4. Reclaiming space on HDD after resetting game

Reclaiming space on HDD after resetting game: Hello all,I was playing Halo Infinites new campaign through the Xbox app with a gamepass subscription. My game crashed, and afterwards, I tried rebooting the game to be only greeted by that awful gaming services bug that brings you to the gaming services page in the Microsoft...
  5. Reclaim Space in [ExternalDrive]:\WindowsApps FOlder

Reclaim Space in [ExternalDrive]:\WindowsApps FOlder: Here is what happened:I opened Xbox in PC Windows 10I saw that a game needed to update and tried to update but it said error I forget the error now.I figure maybe the files are corrupted and uninstall and attempt to reinstallThe dialog of which drive to install appears and...
  6. Reclaiming the space on a Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reclaiming the space on a Hard Drive: My desktop PC is new. It came with a SSD with Windows 10 pre-installed. It is partitioned as follows: _ System Reserved 50MB NTFS C: 476.40 GB NTFS _ 499 MB Healthy Recovery Partition The Windows installation is fine. Next I added a 4TB HDD, to use for...
  7. Reclaim storage space

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reclaim storage space: I have deleted old unnecessary admin user profiles from the windows 10 installation but their user files are not getting deleted from the windows drive. I am also unable to reset the pc. The old files amount to 400 gb on a 500 gb drive. I also suspect though my cloud back ups...
  8. Added SSD to Laptop. What's the Best Way to Reclaim Space on HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Added SSD to Laptop. What's the Best Way to Reclaim Space on HDD: Happy New Year all! So I just added an SSD to my ASUS laptop. I removed the HDD when installing a fresh Win10 on the SSD. I installed the SSD in the original slot the HDD was in as recommended on the ASUS forums. Once Win10 completed installation, I added the original HDD...
  9. reclaim space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    reclaim space: hi...I recently installed xubuntu on a old packard bell dot .s netbook, I had lots of problems so decided to remove it. I used minitool partition wizard to delete partition but wiped it instead,now minitool partition shows that partition as other,is this the same as...
  10. Reclaim space on hdd

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reclaim space on hdd: I need to reclaim some space on the hard drive that my Windows 10 is installed on this pc. There is a Windows.old.000 folder (13.2 GB) and a Windows.old folder (9.09 GB). Can I still use Disk Cleanup with Windows 10 to do this, and is it ok to do it? 12190