Windows 10: Recognize 2nd monitor has source changed

Discus and support Recognize 2nd monitor has source changed in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is likely something silly that I should be able to figure out but haven't found an answer yet. I run dual monitors and my primary is also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mavric1298, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Recognize 2nd monitor has source changed

This is likely something silly that I should be able to figure out but haven't found an answer yet. I run dual monitors and my primary is also connected to xbox. If boot with my primary display (display port) set to a different source (ie xbox via HDMI) - windows recognizes and makes my 2nd display primary until I switch sources of my primary monitor to displayport and it will auto make that display back to primary+extended. Now if I switch my primary monitor source while booted (lets say back to the xbox), it doesn't recognize this and still runs the extended display. Is there some setup I'm missing that when the source is changed windows will recognize that monitor isn't available to display anymore?

submitted by /u/mavric1298
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mavric1298, Jan 1, 2020

2. recognizing 2nd and 3rd monitors

when I power off my machine does not recognize the 2nd & 3rd monitors.

Carol Gross, Jan 1, 2020
  3. blenz Win User
    Windows 10 Not Recognizing 2nd Monitor After Updates

Here's the Laptop I'm using, brand new:
    HP - ENVY 17.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce 940M - 1TB Hard Drive

I'm using a 2nd monitor that's worked since I've got them both a month ago brand new. I'm using HDMI to HDMI for input and after auto-updates, now nothing I can do will get it to recognize my 2nd monitor, which is this one:
    Acer - 27" LED HD

Everything worked perfectly, now it's like I don't even have a 2nd monitor. Drivers are updated, I tried restarting. Nothing works. Any suggestions?

Here's what it says:

Recognize 2nd monitor has source changed [​IMG]

Thanks.

blenz, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Recognize 2nd monitor has source changed

2nd monitor

My 2nd monitor is not recognized .How to fix it

WilliamDukes, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Recognize 2nd monitor has source changed

1. Recognize 2nd monitor has source changed - Similar Threads - Recognize 2nd monitor

2. In virtual desktop change, it changes on the 2nd monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In virtual desktop change, it changes on the 2nd monitor.: Hello all,I am using 2 monitors. I created a virtual desktop on the 1st monitor. But when I make a virtual desktop change it changes on my second monitor. I just want my 1st monitor to change and my 2nd monitor to stay fixed. Because I am using applications on the 2nd...
  3. In virtual desktop change, it changes on the 2nd monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In virtual desktop change, it changes on the 2nd monitor.: Hello all,I am using 2 monitors. I created a virtual desktop on the 1st monitor. But when I make a virtual desktop change it changes on my second monitor. I just want my 1st monitor to change and my 2nd monitor to stay fixed. Because I am using applications on the 2nd...
  4. WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR: After installing Windows 10 I am unable to get my second monitor to work. The monitor says, "no HDMI signal from your device." This monitor and video card was working fine before the upgrade. I contacted support case number 1032675835 and after going through the instructions...
  5. WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR: After installing Windows 10 I am unable to get my second monitor to work. The monitor says, "no HDMI signal from your device." This monitor and video card was working fine before the upgrade. I contacted support case number 1032675835 and after going through the instructions...
  6. WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. CHANGE THE ORDER OF A 2ND MONITOR

CHANGE THE ORDER OF A 2ND MONITOR: I added a second monitor, and i want to change the order of the monitor display. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-order-of-a-2nd-monitor/0bb1209e-c103-4f7b-80cc-bb07f224de26
  8. 2nd Monitor not recognized with Windows 10

2nd Monitor not recognized with Windows 10: Recently I shut down my computer and moved it to another room. When I reconnected both monitors and restarted the system, only one monitor is recognized. I've updated the display drivers, rolled back the display drivers, restarted the system, unplugged the monitors and...
  9. How to change monitor source.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change monitor source.: Hello, Here is my set up and question. I have a desktop tower running windows 10 connected to a monitor through an HDMI cable. The monitor has multiple input connections, I have a VGA cable also connected to the monitor that is connected to my security camera system. So my...
  10. Laptop not recognizing 2nd monitor being unplugged

Laptop not recognizing 2nd monitor being unplugged: Hello, I Have a MSI laptop with a GTX 1060 and an Intel i7 7700HQ, and a HP w2338h monitor. I have it connected to a GANA hdmi splitter, and as of recently having problems. When I switch what port I'm using on the splitter (port one is the laptop, port 2 is my switch), the...