Windows 10: Recomended (and max) Resolution is too small

Discus and support Recomended (and max) Resolution is too small in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer monitor's resolution is 1680 x 1050 and windows has always accepted that. However, I recently bought a new a monitor from a thrift store. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AshDilan, Apr 12, 2019.

1. AshDilan Win User

Recomended (and max) Resolution is too small

My computer monitor's resolution is 1680 x 1050 and windows has always accepted that. However, I recently bought a new a monitor from a thrift store. I don't have any extra cords for a dual monitor setup but I wanted to at least check if it worked. I unplugged the cord from my old monitor and plugged it into my new one. It worked but I still wanted my old monitor to be my main one since it's bigger so I unplug the cord from my new one and plug it back into my old on. After that, I notice that my resolution seemed off. I checked the settings and it had been put on 1440 x 900 which it now says is recommended rather then the 1680 x 1050. I go to change it but 1440 x 900 is the max now. Is there anyway to fix this?

:)

AshDilan, Apr 12, 2019

2. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 support virtual resolution?

Is this a problem?

Description: system will show a resolution higher than internal LCD max resolution with HDMI clone mode.

More detail:

• This problem can’t be reproduced with 4K monitor.

Recomended (and max) Resolution is too small 9683f321-3690-4717-90c8-46cedc4d38dc.png

• This problem can’t be reproduced under Windows 7 OS.

• VAIO/DELL/NEC projects can meet this problem.

Steps:

• Boot to Windows 10 desktop;

• Connect external monitor (max 1920x1080) in HDMI port;

• Under clone mode, internal LCD(max 1366x768) and external monitor show 1366x768 as default.

• Check Display in settings, you can also set the resolution to 1920 x 1080.

Recomended (and max) Resolution is too small 824fe885-9136-4e1d-9859-6a2b503da5fa.png

CherryChenCQ, Apr 12, 2019
  4. Recomended (and max) Resolution is too small

Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Recomended (and max) Resolution is too small

1. Recomended (and max) Resolution is too small - Similar Threads - Recomended max Resolution

2. The Display Resolution Is Way Too Small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Display Resolution Is Way Too Small: Version 21H1 OS Build 19043,1526Monitor Driver: Microsoft File Version 10.0.19041.1151 WinBuild. 160101.0800The display is on an AVI switch. The other two machines set the resolution to 1920x1200 This machine sets it to 1280x700 which is the largest in Setting/Display. I...
  3. The Display Resolution Is Way Too Small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Display Resolution Is Way Too Small: Version 21H1 OS Build 19043,1526Monitor Driver: Microsoft File Version 10.0.19041.1151 WinBuild. 160101.0800The display is on an AVI switch. The other two machines set the resolution to 1920x1200 This machine sets it to 1280x700 which is the largest in Setting/Display. I...
  4. The Display Resolution Is Way Too Small

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Max resolution via Miracast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Max resolution via Miracast: Hello, I am trying to connect my surface book 3 Quadro RTX 3000 via nativ wireless display to my Samsung Q80 QLED TV. However, when i extend the displays it doesnt support 4K on the wireless display Max supported is 2560x1600, but that leaves bars on the side so i used...
  6. Max resolution via Miracast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Max resolution via Miracast: Hello, I am trying to connect my surface book 3 Quadro RTX 3000 via nativ wireless display to my Samsung Q80 QLED TV. However, when i extend the displays it doesnt support 4K on the wireless display Max supported is 2560x1600, but that leaves bars on the side so i used...
  7. Windows Recommended Screen Resolution Is Too Small

Windows Recommended Screen Resolution Is Too Small: i got a new monitor and set it to the recommended resolution in settings 1680 x 1050 but this resolution is too small as the left side of my screen is partially cut off and the right side has a black bar, i couldnt find any help with this online...
  8. Windows Recommended Screen Resolution Is Too Small

Windows Recommended Screen Resolution Is Too Small: i got a new monitor and set it to the recommended resolution in settings 1680 x 1050 but this resolution is too small as the left side of my screen is partially cut off and the right side has a black bar, i couldnt find any help with this online...
  9. Max resolution on external screen?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Max resolution on external screen?: I have a laptop (HP ProBook x360 440 G1 4QW71EA 2in1 Notebook i7-8550U Full HD SSD Win10 Pro) and wanted to ask how I could read out what maximum resolution it could do if I connected a monitor. For example a 4K monitor. Thanks! :)...
  10. Screen Resolution Too Small

Screen Resolution Too Small: Hello, recently my computer started up and the resolution was too small. I have gone into the display settings and there is no option for what it normally should be. I have also made sure that all of my drivers are up to date. Any idea what to do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. resolution is recomended but still too big