Windows 10: RECOMMEND : Apps and tips to stay at safe

Discus and support RECOMMEND : Apps and tips to stay at safe in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good morning, guys ! I use a lot of security solutions and apps to protect my PC against dangerous attacks. Below is a list with the security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by asimpleman, Sep 27, 2018.

1. RECOMMEND : Apps and tips to stay at safe

Good morning, guys !

I use a lot of security solutions and apps to protect my PC against dangerous attacks.

Below is a list with the security solutions I use and recommend for yourself. It includes antiviruses, apps, extensions or add-ons for desktop or browser. The importance is not there.

Best solutions for keeping your data protected.

1. Windows Defender (a beautiful Windows feature)
    2. Bitdefender (Bitdefender - Soluții avansate de securitate cibernetică)
    3. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Free Antivirus Replacement & Anti-Malware Tool | Malwarebytes)
    4. AdwCleaner (AdwCleaner - Free Adware Cleaner & Removal Tool | Malwarebytes)
    5. JRT (Junkware Removal Tool | Malwarebytes)
    6. rkill (Download RKill)
    7. RogueKiller (RogueKiller Anti-Malware Free Download - Official Website)
    8. Zemana Anti-Malware (Zemana Anti Malware: Best Premium & Free Malware Removal Software)
    9. Spybot Search & Destroy (Home - Spybot Anti-Malware and Antivirus : Spybot Anti-Malware and Antivirus)
    10. ZHPCleaner (ZHPCleaner 2018 Download (Official) | Nicolas Coolman)

Stay away from cookies

1. SpyBlaster (SpywareBlaster | Prevent spyware and malware. Free download.)
    2. SUPERAntiSpyware (SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!)

Stay aware from ads or fake commercials

1. Unchecky (Unchecky - Keeps your checkboxes clear)
    2. Adblock or Adblock Plus (https://getadblock.com/ or Adblock Plus | The worlds # 1 free ad blocker)
    3. uBlock Origin (uBlock - A Fast and Efficient Ad Blocker. Easy on CPU and Memory.)
    4. Privacy Badger (Privacy Badger | Electronic Frontier Foundation)

Stay aware from mining

1. Qualys BrowserCheck CoinBlocker (Qualys BrowserCheck CoinBlocker - Chrome Web Store)

Good tips to stay at safe, if you are a new digital beginner

- Don't install suspicious or dangerous apps or extensions on the browser
    - Don't open suspicious or dangerous sites on the Internet
    - Avoid to put suspicious CD, DVDs or USBs sticks in your machine ports
    - Use an incognito mode on the browser (In Chrome, passing CTRL + Shift + N keys at the same time will goes to this, but you can do this from Settings menu of your browser).
    - Scan your documents with online scanner like Virustotal (https://www.virustotal.com/) or Metadefender (OPSWAT MetaDefender Cloud | Vulnerability, CDR and Antivirus APIs).
    - Use the security solutions above

Good luck,
    God bless you ! *Wink

:)

asimpleman, Sep 27, 2018
  2. RAW
    Raw Win User

Stay safe. Storm coming!!!

I wish all the best for the TPU people on here that live on the East Coast.

Hurricane Sandy is about 2 hours away before I feel her full fury around these parts.

I did take precautions for help making it through her.

Almost time to lock down all my pcs and unplug them.

If it's coming your way, I suggest you do the same.

MM... did you see Sandy yet down there?

Stay safe people.

Raw*Toast :toast:

3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 27, 2018
  4. RECOMMEND : Apps and tips to stay at safe

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

RECOMMEND : Apps and tips to stay at safe

1. RECOMMEND : Apps and tips to stay at safe - Similar Threads - RECOMMEND Apps tips

2. Can anyone recommend some hardware diagnostic tips

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone recommend some hardware diagnostic tips: Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me out with this. My PC fans have been making a lot more noise than usual recently, sometime when I'm doing nothing. I also play Microsoft Flight Simulator quite a lot and it has been crashing a lot, which is pretty standard, but it's...
  3. Can anyone recommend some hardware diagnostic tips

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can anyone recommend some hardware diagnostic tips: Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me out with this. My PC fans have been making a lot more noise than usual recently, sometime when I'm doing nothing. I also play Microsoft Flight Simulator quite a lot and it has been crashing a lot, which is pretty standard, but it's...
  4. Can anyone recommend some hardware diagnostic tips

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. App recommendations.

App recommendations.: Hi, I am trying to get a app outside of the microsoft store and i searched up how to do it and it keeps telling me to go on app & features and i dont see it. Can someone please help me change my app recommendations please....
  6. App recommendations.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App recommendations.: Hi, I am trying to get a app outside of the microsoft store and i searched up how to do it and it keeps telling me to go on app & features and i dont see it. Can someone please help me change my app recommendations please....
  7. App Recommendations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Recommendations: I am trying to download zoom, my microsoft store isn't working, and when I go to change app recommendations, there is no 'Choose where to get apps' in my app settings. I am using Windows 11 and any help would be appreciated....
  8. App Recommendations

App Recommendations: I am trying to download zoom, my microsoft store isn't working, and when I go to change app recommendations, there is no 'Choose where to get apps' in my app settings. I am using Windows 11 and any help would be appreciated....
  9. Tips App?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tips App?: I have just recently upgraded to the Windows Insider Program Latest release Fast Ring. After i downloaded and installed i wanted to know what was new, so i went looking for the Tips app but it didn't exist. Are Microsoft removing the app? Is there an alternative?...
  10. How to Stay Safe Online

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Stay Safe Online: [ATTACH] With hacks, scams, malware and more, the Internet can feel like a dangerous place these days. And, the recent proliferation of devices, from smartphones and tablets to Internet-connected appliances, has opened us up to even greater risks. But the good news is that...