Windows 10: Recommend Display resolution too large for Screen

Discus and support Recommend Display resolution too large for Screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recommend resolution 1920X1080. It's been working fine since I set machine up 7 months ago. Display randomly expanded. I have to reduce resolution to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoeO_Fly Navy, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Recommend Display resolution too large for Screen

Recommend resolution 1920X1080. It's been working fine since I set machine up 7 months ago. Display randomly expanded. I have to reduce resolution to 1600X1200 to fit on monitor. Updated Windows, updated graphic card drivers, ran all OEM updates, read and tried every community forum tip I could find, no joy.

Lenovo Desktop 3A7N58M

WIN10 1903, build 18362.239

Monitor: HP 2509m

Intel UHD Graphics 630

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

JoeO_Fly Navy, Jul 14, 2019

2. my resolution is large

My screen resolution is very large and all my settings are at the recommended places. All my updates are current? Any suggestions?

JessicaAllion, Jul 14, 2019
  3. Laptop Screen Resolution Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers.

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update driver software.

Refer to: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

Step 2: Kindly follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select Keep changes.

There will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows. We will be happy to help you.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Jul 14, 2019
  4. Jim56813 Win User

Recommend Display resolution too large for Screen

Screen Resolution

Recently overnight my screen resolution changed. The original recommended resolution was 1600 by 900. That resolution is not listed in the display resolution list, and what is currently recommended stretches the screen and anything displayed. Is there a
    way to add the correct resolution?

Thanks

Jim56813, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

Recommend Display resolution too large for Screen

1. Recommend Display resolution too large for Screen - Similar Threads - Recommend Display resolution

2. display screen too large

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display screen too large: Display suddenly became large. Checked resolution, at recommended setting. Uninstalled driver adapter. Still too large https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-screen-too-large/5aa4ac24-6099-4774-99c2-07c08f15fff9
  3. display screen too large

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    display screen too large: Display suddenly became large. Checked resolution, at recommended setting. Uninstalled driver adapter. Still too large https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-screen-too-large/5aa4ac24-6099-4774-99c2-07c08f15fff9
  4. display screen too large

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Display Too Large For Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Too Large For Screen: Hello everyone. I have a Dell Desktop Inspiron 3891, IntelR Quad Core i3-10105 CPU@ 3.7 GHZ, 8 GB 4DDR RAM, 1TB Seagate Disk hard drive, 64 bit, Windows 11 Home, on board IntelR UHD Graphics 630.The desktop is connected to a 50 inch Insignia TV with an HDMI cable. The...
  6. Display Too Large For Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Too Large For Screen: Hello everyone. I have a Dell Desktop Inspiron 3891, IntelR Quad Core i3-10105 CPU@ 3.7 GHZ, 8 GB 4DDR RAM, 1TB Seagate Disk hard drive, 64 bit, Windows 11 Home, on board IntelR UHD Graphics 630.The desktop is connected to a 50 inch Insignia TV with an HDMI cable. The...
  7. Windows Recommended Screen Resolution Is Too Small

Windows Recommended Screen Resolution Is Too Small: i got a new monitor and set it to the recommended resolution in settings 1680 x 1050 but this resolution is too small as the left side of my screen is partially cut off and the right side has a black bar, i couldnt find any help with this online...
  8. Windows Recommended Screen Resolution Is Too Small

Windows Recommended Screen Resolution Is Too Small: i got a new monitor and set it to the recommended resolution in settings 1680 x 1050 but this resolution is too small as the left side of my screen is partially cut off and the right side has a black bar, i couldnt find any help with this online...
  9. The resolution is too large

The resolution is too large: I have set up my computer on a smaller monitor then normal, and find that the screen is much larger then the monitor can fit. When going into the settings, the only resolution sizes I have are 1280 x 720 witch is too big, and 800 x 600 witch is too long and not wide enough....
  10. Recommended screen resolution too big for monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recommended screen resolution too big for monitor: The recommended screen resolution 1920 x 1080 has recently become too big for my monitor. When I delete the driver and let windows replace it [Intel UHD Graphics 630], the screen resolution is correct, but after a moment or two it reverts to being too big. This is a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1920x1080 too large for screen