Windows 10: Recommendation for Video Card for my office computer--Non-gaming

Discus and support Recommendation for Video Card for my office computer--Non-gaming in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all-- My office is using me as a guinea pig for Windows 10. I am using an Acer ET322Qu monitor, which supports resolution up to 2560x1440. Right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Umlaut, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Umlaut Win User

Recommendation for Video Card for my office computer--Non-gaming

Hi all--

My office is using me as a guinea pig for Windows 10. I am using an Acer ET322Qu monitor, which supports resolution up to 2560x1440. Right now, my computer maxes out at 1920x1080, which means that text looks wretched. My HP box only has the intel integrated graphics, unfortunately.

My IT guy has authorized me to buy a graphics card to put into my HP computer, so I can sharpen up my graphics. Can you folks recommend a graphics card, preferably inexpensive, that will let me use my monitor's abilities? I use Word, Chrome, Outlook mostly. I <don't> need any gaming abilities. The monitor has VGS/Displayport/HDMI inputs.

Thanks in advance for any reccos!!

Peter

:)

Umlaut, Aug 2, 2019
  2. Mary Sau Win User

Video card driver crashing when playing games

We suggest that you rollback your driver. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open run dialog box.
    • In the dialog box window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Right click on your video card driver -> Properties ->
      Driver tab
      and select Rollback driver.
    If the issue persists, it could be better to contact the developer of the game.

Regards.

Mary Sau, Aug 2, 2019
  3. Matt18 Win User
    Recommend new video card

I just bought Empire Total War. I have an x1950 pro and it will only play this game on medium which looks terrible. I tried googling some requirments for this game and didnt see any recommended video cards.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on what will run this game better?

Matt18, Aug 2, 2019
  4. Recommendation for Video Card for my office computer--Non-gaming

Game Bar freezes Computer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• What is the model number of the computer?

• Which game are you trying to play?
    • Try playing other games and check what the status is.
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. Visit the below link:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us...for-5th-generation-intel-core-processors.html

Method 3.

For the sound issue try the below steps.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 2, 2019
Thema:

Recommendation for Video Card for my office computer--Non-gaming

1. Recommendation for Video Card for my office computer--Non-gaming - Similar Threads - Recommendation Video Card

2. I need a recommendation for a computer game...........

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need a recommendation for a computer game...........: Good morning dear friends how are you?I need a recommendation for a game of maritime trade and pirates just like the old game: high seas traderThanks for the helpers!...
  3. I need a recommendation for a computer game...........

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need a recommendation for a computer game...........: Good morning dear friends how are you?I need a recommendation for a game of maritime trade and pirates just like the old game: high seas traderThanks for the helpers!...
  4. Computer recommendations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer recommendations: Can you please help. I want to build a new computer for Microsoft flight sim 2020. What would be the best processor for running this software, a 12 core or would an 8 core be sufficient. I know what the recommended spec is, but what to make sure I have plenty left for any...
  5. Seeking recommendations for non-wireless router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Seeking recommendations for non-wireless router: I’m going to be setting up a small business later this year. While it will need Internet access, only a PC and a couple of printers will need it, so I thought I could increase security a notch by foregoing a wireless router and using one that isn’t wireless. Any...
  6. Video Card? Office 365? Win 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Card? Office 365? Win 10?: I run Office 365 as 32bit on a Lenovo Erazer with Win 10 64 bit. My system specs are given further below. I run two monitors, both recent HP's connected via HDMI . Often, when I move a Word, Excel or other screen to my "second" monitor, I have an issue like shown...
  7. Graphic Card Recommendation

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphic Card Recommendation: Hi Everyone I have a 3 years old computer with a build in graphic card. I want to install an PlayStation 4 emulator and to connect the computer to my TV but I can't because I don't really have a graphic card. This is what I've got Intel Core i5 4950 CPU 3.30GhZ RAM 8 GB 64...
  8. Recommended graphics card

Recommended graphics card: I have a PC running Windows 10 1709. It's a little older and has an AMD Radeon 7500 series PCIe graphics card. Windows 10 1803 won't install and I believe it's because of the older card. I can certainly get a newer card, buy which one would be the best to maintain...
  9. Computer Unusable Video Card? [Urgent]

Computer Unusable Video Card? [Urgent]: See screenshot My computer started doing this randomly while giving me graphic card failure alerts (Nvidia GeForce GTX 590). Now when i start my computer, it looks like this (the lines) starting up and it just keeps restarting until i get a troubleshoot screen or until i...
  10. Recommend Video Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Recommend Video Card: Converted a Dell XPS 630i to win 10 at owners request and am having trouble with the dreaded VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (nvlddmkm) BSOD. It has 2 x Geforce 8800 GT cards in it. A lot of people seem to be having this problem. Can anyone please recommend a lower end card that has...