Windows 10: Recommendation for video recorder app for my laptop

Discus and support Recommendation for video recorder app for my laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I record my dog while away, and I used the camera app but it records in MP4 and it becomes a large file if I'm gone for a long time. Then the camera... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alicia J, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Alicia J Win User

Recommendation for video recorder app for my laptop

I record my dog while away, and I used the camera app but it records in MP4 and it becomes a large file if I'm gone for a long time. Then the camera stops recording and says it's because the file was getting large, even though I have a ton of space on hard drive.

Any recommendations? I don't need anything fancy, just a video recorder that does not have a size limit, and preferably able to use the wmv format.

:)

Alicia J, Jan 6, 2019

2. Windows Phone Camera App: Recording Video with headset microphone instead of internal mic

Hello,

The phone only uses the built-in mic when recording videos on the Camera app. If you want to use an external mic when recording videos, it is best that you send this suggestion through Feedback Hub so our developers can work on it. To send a feedback on
    your phone, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to All apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the Menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then tap the Add button
      (+) at the top right side.
    • Select Suggestion and provide the details needed in the box.
    • Select the right category and then submit.

Let us know if you have any concerns.

Michael Rey, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Ober08 Win User

video recording saving location

Hi,

After syncing, why the videos I record w/ WP7 is stored in 'My Pictures' folder on my laptop rather than of the Videos folder?

In addition, Why are the videos stored listed in Camera Roll and the Picture hub? Shouldn't the videos I record be stored in 'Music + Videos' and NOT in camera roll?

Ober08, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Recommendation for video recorder app for my laptop - Similar Threads - Recommendation video recorder

2. Which video app for recording app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which video app for recording app?: Hi,I'm having trouble with a home builder app called Planner 5D. I've contacted them and they suggest making a video of the problem. I have no idea which video recording app to use, or how to use it to record it, and they haven'tsuggested any or how to use it. Can somebody...
  3. Which video app for recording app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which video app for recording app?: Hi,I'm having trouble with a home builder app called Planner 5D. I've contacted them and they suggest making a video of the problem. I have no idea which video recording app to use, or how to use it to record it, and they haven'tsuggested any or how to use it. Can somebody...
  4. Camera App Doesn't Record Video

Camera App Doesn't Record Video: After getting my webcam I decided I would try and record some videos and test out the quality. I can open the camera app just fine and takes pictures fine, but when I go to try and take a video it stops within a second and gives me a pop-up box containing the text; "Start a...
  5. My laptop wont record video audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop wont record video audio: System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 4/28/2020, 20:37:12 Machine name: ALANA-LAPTOP Machine Id: {16E91440-B304-4006-987D-47AFBF6AD472} Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit 10.0, Build 18363...
  6. Video recording app for windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Video recording app for windows 10: The video recorder app built into windows 10 stops at 3 hours. I need an app that will go until GB storage runs out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-recording-app-for-windows-10/0aff317d-49fc-4c22-b27e-2e06f1b384fd"
  7. Saving Skype video recordings to laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Skype video recordings to laptop: My Windows 10 is up to date and I'm using Skype version 8.52.0.138, Application version 14.52.138.0. I've got video recordings on Skype that I wish to save to my laptop. I've tried Save and Save As and neither of them work. What to do?? This is important to me...?...
  8. Unable to record video in Camera app

Unable to record video in Camera app: I am unable to record video in my camera app.I don't know why?But i can take a snap in it. ***Original Title: Camera app issue*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-record-video-in-camera-app/56be50bb-4082-4d78-a6de-3055e7db00ad
  9. Xbox App PC recording no video?

Xbox App PC recording no video?: Every time I use the Xbox App to try and record a clip in-game it never shows the video, it just plays the audio. Like it will show a screenshot of the beginning of when I recorded but there's never actually any video playing. I have background game recording turned on, it...
  10. Recommended video software apps?

Recommended video software apps?: I'm being told that Movie Maker is not available for Windows 10, and so is the rest of the Windows Live suite. So now what? What's the alternative for Movie Maker up at this point? 12092