Windows 10: Recommendation for wireless mice

Discus and support Recommendation for wireless mice in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to look for a wireless mouse to replace the one I have right now. However, it seems that despite my seemingly low requirements, I can't find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fenrir0wulf, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Recommendation for wireless mice

I'm trying to look for a wireless mouse to replace the one I have right now. However, it seems that despite my seemingly low requirements, I can't find something that seems satisfactory.

Right now, I'm using a Dell WM514p which, while good enough, doesn't have back/forward buttons, but rather a back/forward function. You have to hold the side button, then tilt the wheel sideways go back/forward, which is annoying and sometimes unreliable, as it activates the zoom if you hold and scroll.

So my first requirement would be that I want dedicated back/forward side buttons or at strict minimum a back button.

My other requirement is that this is not for gaming. In fact, I'm trying to avoid gaming brands (I bought a Corsair Glaive Pro last week, I'm good on that end). This is specifically for work, I don't want any RGB or have to deal with any additional software like iCUE or Aura or whatever (besides strict utilities like Dell's or Logitech's driver panel). I'm also trying to avoid unknown random chinese rebrands for obvious reasons.

Now, most of what I've found falls under 2 categories: it's either too cheap to have side buttons, or it's expensive as hell.

On the high-end, yes, there are some that could be good, if only they weren't so expensive. The Surface Precision or the 3Dconnexion CadMouse are interesting, but they're 130$-150$ (for the record, yes, I work in CAD). Or the Logitech MX Master series which starts at around 80$-90$. If I have no other satisfactory options, the CadMouse is what I'll go with.

Pretty much everything available on the low-end are simple 3-button mice, and the issue that I have is that even on the mid-end, I can't seem to find anything else either. Like the MS Sculpt, which has a good price and even a button, but that button is a Windows button (just why?). And most of what I can find in the same price range (40$-60$) is either gaming gear, which is unfortunately a hard no, or barely better than the low-end with no additional functionality for a higher price.

And almost everything I can find in the 15$-30$ range is so cheap that they don't have side buttons.

Now, I've managed to find a select few options, but I wanted to ask to see if there were other options. There is an Amazon Basics Ergo mouse for 20$ with side buttons but... It's Amazon Basics. Do I really want to be that cheap?
    There are also some MS mice with one side button but if I can, I'll try to have two.
    There are a few Logitech in the 30$-60$ range, but these don't seem to be work oriented, and a couple even have some bad reviews.
    There's also a Dell Mobile Pro for 50$, but the issue here is availability, international shipping is difficult right now.
    And I've found a Verbatim Ergo for 30$ which seems fine, and really the only real option I've found yet.

So yeah, the options I've found right now are a few Logitech, that one Verbatim, or a 150$ one. Which is why I ask if anyone else has any other recommendations for me to look at.

And sorry for the rambly wall of text.

:)

fenrir0wulf, Jun 25, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Wireless mouse not syncing

Yes, two separate keyboards & mice at two separate locations (Microsoft, convenience). Mice stopped working at both locations this week. The small portable wireless keyboard & mouse (Logitech) works fine. The keyboards in both locations work fine but the
    mice do not. If I go into devices it will list the laptop & wireless keyboard, but only the touchpad and not the wireless mouse.

You sent links for software but I am reluctant to download at this time. Please suggest alternate actions. Also, I am reasonably competent regarding computers but not an expert. Please keep this in mind when suggesting paths.

Thanks.

MurdockSmith, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Recommendation for wireless mice

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Recommendation for wireless mice

1. Recommendation for wireless mice - Similar Threads - Recommendation wireless mice

2. Wireless mouse mice not recognized on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless mouse mice not recognized on Windows 10: Hello,I have recently for the first time on this device tried using a wireless device of any kind. Namely, I am now trying to use a wireless mouse. The model for this one is Logitech M220. As the title says, it's just not working, and I will now list several important...
  3. Wireless mouse mice not recognized on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless mouse mice not recognized on Windows 10: Hello,I have recently for the first time on this device tried using a wireless device of any kind. Namely, I am now trying to use a wireless mouse. The model for this one is Logitech M220. As the title says, it's just not working, and I will now list several important...
  4. Wireless Router Recommendations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Router Recommendations: We have cable internet and will most likely switch to verizon fios. I'm not in this location though at the moment. Now the past month or so, the wifi sometimes doesn't work for a bit, then it works. Its a 2 story house and we leave the router and the modem in the 2nd floor...
  5. 2.4Ghz wireless mice are stuttering and lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2.4Ghz wireless mice are stuttering and lagging: My Asus Keris wireless mouse (has both Bluetooth and 2.4ghz modes) is randomly stuttering and lagging in 2.4ghz mode no matter what I use my PC for productivity or in game. I only got thr mouse a week ago. It works as normal in wired and Bluetooth mode. My logitech g pro...
  6. Using 2 Wireless Mice

Using 2 Wireless Mice: Is it possible to connect (wirelessly) a second wireless mouse to the same USB port and have them both work simultaneously? Thanks 171499
  7. Using 2 Wireless Mice

in Windows 10 Support
    Using 2 Wireless Mice: Is it possible to connect (wirelessly) a second wireless mouse to the same USB port and have them both work simultaneously? Thanks 171499
  8. Wired and Wireless Mice going to a projector and desktop

Wired and Wireless Mice going to a projector and desktop: I have a desktop that can display one thing on the monitor and another on a projector screen. I purchased a wireless mouse and keyboard for the projector to use during my lessons. Is it possible to have the wireless mouse and keyboard work on the projector and the wired...
  9. Wireless and other mice won't work

Wireless and other mice won't work: My external mouse for my laptop stopped working. I have now purchased 2 more (first was the same brand so then I went with another). In all 3 cases, they will not operate and when opening device settings, it says the drivers are corrupted. Then I click update driver and it...
  10. Regarding wireless keyboards and mice

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regarding wireless keyboards and mice: For 25 years I've turned on monitor, speakers, and computer every day. Now I'm considering an all-in-one desktop. Just one AC plug, just one button! But I find that most of them now use "wireless" keyboards and mice. My questions: Do these have to be turned on and off every...