Windows 10: Recommendations for a good quality mouse, under $80 USD (retail price)

Discus and support Recommendations for a good quality mouse, under $80 USD (retail price) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm not a gamer, but I'm very conscious of a mouse that performs badly. I really enjoy using a good quality mouse that feels and looks great, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cytherian, Dec 31, 2018.

1. cytherian Win User

Recommendations for a good quality mouse, under $80 USD (retail price)

I'm not a gamer, but I'm very conscious of a mouse that performs badly. I really enjoy using a good quality mouse that feels and looks great, and "disappears" into the background as an autonomous device.

Logitech makes great mouse devices. I've been using this brand for years. But they've stumbled a bit after their fantastic original MX Anywhere mouse. I just didn't get on with a few of their offerings I'd tried, so I went back to the older MX Anywhere. The trouble is, my mouse has developed the dreaded accidental double-click problem. I have minimized it a bit with some DIY hacks, but it periodically requires refreshing (it's the application of tape to the button post).

When I read up on reviews on the MX Anywhere 2, there were many people lamenting the cost cutting measures taken by Logitech, and people were saying the original was best. Then later the 2s came out and... it seems only marginally better. Now there's the MX Performance and MX Master.

I'm now torn between trying out a newer Logitech model, or picking up a lightly used earlier MX Anywhere and taking my chances with the left button becoming problematic once more. Because all in all, I love this mouse in terms of it's proportions, shape, weight, and performance.

Given all this... can anyone here recommend an alternative mouse that I should consider? Also, I'm seeing this trend with people going back to wired mice and lighter form factors (presumably for optimizing the gaming experience). I'm not sure if that's something I should consider as well. Quite frankly, I'm starting to think that wireless would be best for travel, and then use a wired mouse at home on the desk.

Thanks!

:)

cytherian, Dec 31, 2018

2. Marketplace App prices

Are prices going to change in the future? I dont know, as I understand it the developers decide the price but the minimum 99 cents

From the Developers FAQ

Windows Phone
    • The minimum price for selling an application is $0.99 USD and equivalent price points for other currencies.
    • The maximum prices is $499.99 USD and equivalent price points for other currencies.
    • A subscription based pricing model is not available at this time

Gary D. - WP7 Support, Dec 31, 2018
  3. grschinon Win User
    Black Nokia N82 Unlocked price

$210 for a new, SIM-free, unlocked N82 is more than suspicious. It is 1/3 of the normal retail price.

At that price it's either a counterfeit or hot. Guaranteed.

grschinon, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Recommendations for a good quality mouse, under $80 USD (retail price)

N8 - very good value

I've seen the N8 recently for as little as USD 199 on a very well-known online retailer: an exceptional price for such a high quality phone! If a fine camera (considering it's a cell phone) is important, it is definitely worth a look!

kurtkaufman---01, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Recommendations for a good quality mouse, under $80 USD (retail price)

1. Recommendations for a good quality mouse, under $80 USD (retail price) - Similar Threads - Recommendations quality mouse

2. Hi, Microsoft Store shows prices in USD for Jersey, but this is the wrong currency as we...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, Microsoft Store shows prices in USD for Jersey, but this is the wrong currency as we...: In Windows 10 I cannot set my Region to the correct region I live in, as prices are given in USD when set to Jersey. In order to get the prices to display correctly in GBP I have to choose United Kingdom as my region, which then means I get charged VAT when we do not pay VAT...
  3. Hi, Microsoft Store shows prices in USD for Jersey, but this is the wrong currency as we...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, Microsoft Store shows prices in USD for Jersey, but this is the wrong currency as we...: In Windows 10 I cannot set my Region to the correct region I live in, as prices are given in USD when set to Jersey. In order to get the prices to display correctly in GBP I have to choose United Kingdom as my region, which then means I get charged VAT when we do not pay VAT...
  4. Hi, Microsoft Store shows prices in USD for Jersey, but this is the wrong currency as we...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Trackball Mouse Recommendations?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trackball Mouse Recommendations?: I am using the Logitech M570 trackball but it has a ton of issues. So I'm sure many of you are familiar with this trackball mouse. Now when i first got this mouse a while back, it took a while to get used to as oppose to a regular mouse. Also because i have 2 monitors and...
  6. USD thumbdrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    USD thumbdrive: How do I show a connected USB drive on the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usd-thumbdrive/b54c8a33-fb59-48b5-af63-1032122b64f4
  7. Windows 10 License Good price from eBay

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 License Good price from eBay: Dear MS Community! As you already knew that there are selling windows 10 license key online such as ebay.com with good price. Could you help clarify that for those license is working fine? With regards, Vichet[ATTACH]...
  8. Recommend a good Aero-Snap Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recommend a good Aero-Snap Program: Preferably freeware. Looking for something that allows for more customization than the native Win10 Snap feature allows. Maybe pre-defining certain zones, or being able to snap to 25% width/height as well as the default 50%? Anyone have any personal recommendations? 86084
  9. Need Mouse Recommendations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Mouse Recommendations: My long time MS mouse seems to be dying. I need a scrolling mouse not for everyday use. With that said I do want a wireless, high quality, high performance, comfortable mouse. My current one is a Microsoft Model 1058. Manufactured in 2007. Thank you in advance. 92600
  10. Microsoft releases official retail pricing for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft releases official retail pricing for Windows 10: Microsoft’s free Windows 10 upgrade deal is looking better and better all the time. For if you already own a genuine Windows PC, you could be saving yourself upwards of a huundred to almost two hundred dollars. Microsoft confirmed Monday that the company will sell Windows...