Windows 10: Recommendations for e-mail client software

Discus and support Recommendations for e-mail client software in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I am looking for an e-mail client software. I am sick of problems with the built-in windows one that I have been using for 3 years and I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alian28, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Recommendations for e-mail client software

Hello,

I am looking for an e-mail client software. I am sick of problems with the built-in windows one that I have been using for 3 years and I want to use a third party reliable one that I don't have to troubleshoot every two months. I have installed and tried eM Client for a bit and I absolutely love it's interface and feel. I was even ready to buy it but I keep reading it's privacy policy is kinda shitty and that made me stop in my tracks. Then I tried Thunderbird as I see it recommended everywhere but it's a bit too much to set up, the options and settings feel cumbersome, it's not as intuitive and flowy in use and I simply don't have the patience to set up the calendar...

Some of my requirements:

• Unified Inbox (I have multiple e-mail addresses that I want in one place)
    • Support for weird e-mail servers? (my work e-mail is hosted on a weird server that didn't really work at all on the windows app; I don't know any technical specs. it will probably be trial and error; it seemed to work on both em client and thunderbird)
    • Modern GUI that supports a dark theme (I like the best the 3 column view)
    • Frequent syncing and push notifications
    • Calendar sync per email address
    • Good privacy policy
    • Free if possible or one time payment (can't stand subscriptions)

If the privacy concerns about eM Client would be diffused by any of you I think that will be my pick as it's hard to beat, but meanwhile I'm open to other suggestions. Thank you!

submitted by /u/alian28
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/alian28, Mar 19, 2021
  2. nkienitz Win User

Default e-mail client not chosen ?

A lot of digging and testing has been done to try and find something to resolve the weird default e-mail client issues in Windows 10 v1803. Below is a list of findings and a huge Thank You to the developer of the report generation software I've been using for many years. We're all just shaking our heads at this in wonder.

I'm sure more will be discovered for this chapter. *Wink

At least, knowing this will allow changes to have things work as the user would like.

Findings ... "So Far":

1. Right-click a file in the file browser > Send To > uses the setting in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clients\mail > (Default) value
    If not found will use the one in:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail > (Default) Value

If that value is empty, it will prompt you to select one, and it write it to:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clients\mail > (Default) value

2. Setting the default app for Mail in the Windows Settings does nothing to either one of those keys. And since it does nothing to those two keys, any apps including the send to context menu item will not use the selection for the default app you set in Windows Settings.

3. MAPI uses those registry keys (and Send To uses MAPI), so basically it ignores what you set as the default app in Windows Settings, so if you want MAPI to use the default, you have to set it manually as far as I know. For example, the list of available MAPI Email clients is only in:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail
    But you should set both (Default) values to the same value. For example, if you want Mozilla Thunderbird as your default MAPI email client, you have to modify both like so:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clients\mail > (Default) value = Mozilla Thunderbird
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail > (Default) Value = Mozilla Thunderbird

=================

I'm marking this thread as (at least) one solution (or SOLVED) as it is the only one I've come across so far. I know that adjusting the registry is not everyone's choice, but at least it is an option.

nkienitz, Mar 20, 2021
  3. E-Mail Client for E5

Hi All,

I've downloaded the e-mail Client 3.21 hoping it would solve this issue but it has not.

The issue is with displaying e-mails when opening [Mail for Exchange] as follows:

[Mail for Exchange] has always been set to [Never] delete any mail Item and I've, on my device, in both [Inbox] and [Sent Items] e-mails dating back to January 5th 2011 but when I open [Mail for Exchange] I can only see e-mails dating back to October 12th

I know that all e-mails are there because if I sort again by Date the e-mail list in both folders, [Inbox] and [Sent Items], starts from January 5th 2011.

Does anyone know how to list all the e-mails in [Mail for Exchange] no matter how old they are.

Very Best Regards

Neofita---01, Mar 20, 2021
  4. lrbjmb Win User

Recommendations for e-mail client software

Multi User E-mail Client

Is there an e-mail client software package that can support two concurrent users?

The situation is two users on a small network sharing a local e-mail filestore. Several e-mail addresses feed into the shared filestore and are then transferred from the Inbox to named folders, as appropriate, by either user. Long ago, Netscape Messenger did this by taking out a lock (Permission) when a folder was opened, to avoid it being updated by the other user at the same time.

Is there a modern client that has a similar 'locking' facility?

(Using Windows 10)

lrbjmb, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

Recommendations for e-mail client software

1. Recommendations for e-mail client software - Similar Threads - Recommendations mail client

2. Problem with registry setting default e-mail client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with registry setting default e-mail client: In Windows 10, I was using Outlook desktop as my default e-mail client. I then changed the default app to "Thunderbird" When I look in the registry Current User Software Clients Mail it still shows "Microsoft Outlook" as the default mail app. This is affecting how our...
  3. Problem with registry setting default e-mail client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with registry setting default e-mail client: In Windows 10, I was using Outlook desktop as my default e-mail client. I then changed the default app to "Thunderbird" When I look in the registry Current User Software Clients Mail it still shows "Microsoft Outlook" as the default mail app. This is affecting how our...
  4. The best e-mail client for Win 10?

in Browsers and Email
    The best e-mail client for Win 10?: Hello, I would like to know which is the best and safest e-mail client for Win 10? Is it Thunderbird? Please tell me. Thanks in advance. 179175
  5. Multi User E-mail Client

in Browsers and Email
    Multi User E-mail Client: Is there an e-mail client software package that can support two concurrent users? The situation is two users on a small network sharing a local e-mail filestore. Several e-mail addresses feed into the shared filestore and are then transferred from the Inbox to named...
  6. Mail client

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mail client: After windows10 update on 4 aug 2020 I am getting the following message on start up: Either their is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the message request. Please run outlook and set as default client. I went to outlook2019, file, general,...
  7. Can not set default E-Mail client to anything other than Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not set default E-Mail client to anything other than Mail: I have an e-mail client that I am trying to set as the default and can't seem to get it to change. I am not trying to use an app from the Microsoft store, this is an actual program that I have installed on the computer. I can not make it the default email client within the...
  8. Default e-mail client no more chosen ?

in Browsers and Email
    Default e-mail client no more chosen ?: Appears to be a 'one-off' situation where an APP I've used for many years to send reports (a PDF file) works fine on 2 of my 3 Dell Latitude laptops ... but can't get a proper operation on one laptop. All three laptops have new/fresh/clean installations of Windows 10 Pro...
  9. Default e-mail client not chosen ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default e-mail client not chosen ?: Appears to be a 'one-off' situation where an APP I've used for many years to send reports (a PDF file) works fine on 2 of my 3 Dell Latitude laptops ... but can't get a proper operation on one laptop. All three laptops have new/fresh/clean installations of Windows 10 Pro...
  10. Best Open Source E-mail Client for 2018?

in Browsers and Email
    Best Open Source E-mail Client for 2018?: Hi, it's January 2018 and I just did my annual reformat, and I'm a bit out of touch with the open source apps at the moment. So to get right down to it, what are the new "best" open source email clients? I'm looking for something that looks good, not too cluttered, not too...