Windows 10: Recommendations for USB Boot Utility

Discus and support Recommendations for USB Boot Utility in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all a while ago I got a USB boot utility that was excellent and had w10 as part of the utility. Alas i don't have it anymore. What would you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bartjunited, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Recommendations for USB Boot Utility

Hi all a while ago I got a USB boot utility that was excellent and had w10 as part of the utility. Alas i don't have it anymore.

What would you recommend please both for installs and also just for trouble shooting.

TIA Bart

:)

bartjunited, Mar 30, 2021
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

Recommendations for USB Boot Utility nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Mar 30, 2021
  3. D-rock Win User
    Help with USB Boot Image

I am trying to boot from my USB flash drive. I followed the instructions step for step that are in the article on this website. I downloaded the HP program and the USB Image zip file. I ran the HP flash program and pointed it to the folder where I unzipped the USB Image files to. I then copied all the files over to the USB memory stick as instructed. When I restart my computer and press F12 to go to the boot menu I have 3 options: SATA hard drive, CD-ROM drive, or USB Device. So I choose USB device and when it reads the USB memory stick all I get is the error "Non-system disk, replace and hit any key" Its like the USB memory is missing some system files or it doesnt have the master boot record or something. Somebody please HELP!!! I want to flash the bios in a new video card and I have to boot to DOS and I dont have a floppy drive and I have Win XP so a USB boot is probably the best option I have.

D-rock, Mar 30, 2021
  4. thraxed Win User

Recommendations for USB Boot Utility

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Recommendations for USB Boot Utility

1. Recommendations for USB Boot Utility - Similar Threads - Recommendations USB Boot

2. correct or recommended boot order.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    correct or recommended boot order.: Can someone help me out with the correct or recommended boot order. I have an HP 5ap8mp 17- can3xxx running Windows 11..... UEFI Boot Order 1. OS Boot Manager 2. Internal CD/DVD ROM drive 3. USB flash drive /USB hard drive 4. USB CD/DVD ROM drive 5. Network adapter...
  3. correct or recommended boot order.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    correct or recommended boot order.: Can someone help me out with the correct or recommended boot order. I have an HP 5ap8mp 17- can3xxx running Windows 11..... UEFI Boot Order 1. OS Boot Manager 2. Internal CD/DVD ROM drive 3. USB flash drive /USB hard drive 4. USB CD/DVD ROM drive 5. Network adapter...
  4. Which utility for registry cleaning/maintenance do you recommend?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which utility for registry cleaning/maintenance do you recommend?: Hi everyone, which utility for registry cleaning/maintenance do you recommend? I'm using Wise Registry Cleaner FREE. Do you recommend anything else? Which is the absolute best free or commercial? And which is instead the best free?Thanks in advance....
  5. Which utility for registry cleaning/maintenance do you recommend?

Which utility for registry cleaning/maintenance do you recommend?: Hi everyone, which utility for registry cleaning/maintenance do you recommend? I'm using Wise Registry Cleaner FREE. Do you recommend anything else? Which is the absolute best free or commercial? And which is instead the best free?Thanks in advance....
  6. What's a recommended USB drive for a dedicated Windows 10 boot device?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What's a recommended USB drive for a dedicated Windows 10 boot device?: Given how USB drives have come down so far in price these days, I'm wanting to be proactive and have a Windows 10 bootable USB drive on hand in case of issues. Given the total size of Windows 10, what's the minimum recommended USB GB capacity? And are there any other...
  7. Recommendations for USB Flash

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recommendations for USB Flash: Hi all, I have been looking for a 8GB or 16GB or 32GB USB 3 flash drive to use for emergencies on my laptop or to reinstall Windows. However, looking at Amazon reviews makes me feel like major products from major brands all have their problems: Sandisk, Samsung, PNY,...
  8. Please recommend me a FAST copy paste utility software

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please recommend me a FAST copy paste utility software: I am moving huge amount of files from one drive to another drives. Windows 10 default copy paste is fast comparatively Windows 7. But just wondering if there is any free utility which can speed up copy paste process from drives to drives. If it works to copy files to USB HDD...
  9. Recommendations For A Portable File Encryption Utility

Recommendations For A Portable File Encryption Utility: Many moons ago in the days of Win XP I used a wonderful small tool called dsCrypt to encrypt individual files: DS Software Sadly, the software is no longer maintained and does not work on any version of Windows above XP. Any recommendations for something similar for Win 10?...
  10. Can't boot to USB ASUS laptop, despite following recommendations

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot to USB ASUS laptop, despite following recommendations: My sons ASUS laptop stopped booting correctly. It gets to the ASUS screen and stays there. Sometimes it comes up with the ASUS recovery message 'preparing automatic repair'. It eventually comes up with error 0xc0000185, saying I need to use recovery tools. Gives me an...