Windows 10: Recommendations for USB Flash

Discus and support Recommendations for USB Flash in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I have been looking for a 8GB or 16GB or 32GB USB 3 flash drive to use for emergencies on my laptop or to reinstall Windows. However, looking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fansurface, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Recommendations for USB Flash

Hi all, I have been looking for a 8GB or 16GB or 32GB USB 3 flash drive to use for emergencies on my laptop or to reinstall Windows. However, looking at Amazon reviews makes me feel like major products from major brands all have their problems: Sandisk, Samsung, PNY, Kingston; ranging from excessive heat, USB2 (read/write) speeds, disappearing drives, and read-only states. Any recommendations?

submitted by /u/fansurface
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fansurface, Aug 30, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

install.wim is 7GB, how to make a bootable USB flash drive

This is a method to make a ntfs flash drive.

The trial and error step will be booting using Legacy BIOS...

Code:
    This is the link:
    Guide: How to Format USB Flash Drive Using Cmd - EaseUS

The link did not use active so that is why it is a trial and error step.

zbook, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Recommendations for USB Flash

USB Flash drive made bootable

Hi Nelson,

Check if there is any slide switch on the side that provides write protection. It show's a closed and open lock on each side. We suggest to follow these steps below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port.
    • Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox and press Enter.
    • Find Disk Drives and expand it.
    • Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and double-click it. It opens the
      Properties dialog box.
    • Click Policies tab.
    • By default, the Optimize for quick removal option selected, switch it to Optimize for performance and then press
      OK.
    • Now open Computer. Right click on the USB Flash Drive and select Format. The Format dialog box now appears.
    • Select NTFS in the File System field.
    • Press Start and wait while the process will be completed.

You can also connect the USB drive on a different computer and try formatting.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Recommendations for USB Flash

1. Recommendations for USB Flash - Similar Threads - Recommendations USB Flash

2. Seeking Flash Drive Recommendations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seeking Flash Drive Recommendations: 32GB, USB 3.0 (or higher), USB 2.0 (backwards compatible), Fast read speed, Decent write speed. ~$10us or ??? The complaints on Amazon are the same for every drive... Slow. Starts fast and becomes slow. Stops transfers for long periods of time. Unusable for making large...
  3. Recommendations for USB Boot Utility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recommendations for USB Boot Utility: Hi all a while ago I got a USB boot utility that was excellent and had w10 as part of the utility. Alas i don't have it anymore. What would you recommend please both for installs and also just for trouble shooting. TIA Bart 176864
  4. USB flash drive

USB flash drive: Hello, I just purchased a PNY USB flash drive. After connecting it to my PC, I noticed there is 34mb of unallocated space on it. Can anyone explain the reason for this? Please see screen shot below. If I want to allocate this 34mb space and make the USB flash drive have one...
  5. USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    USB flash drive: Hello, I just purchased a PNY USB flash drive. After connecting it to my PC, I noticed there is 34mb of unallocated space on it. Can anyone explain the reason for this? Please see screen shot below. If I want to allocate this 34mb space and make the USB flash drive have one...
  6. Flash USB Flash Drive Not Recognized

Flash USB Flash Drive Not Recognized: I have a 16GB USB Flash Drive I was using for saving "File History" documents, favorites, etc.. It appeared to be working, but later I got a message about running out of space on the drive. I formatted the drive and that appeared to be successful, then tried to use it...
  7. usb flash drive

usb flash drive: I am using windows 10. My usb flash drive does not show in disk manage but only intermittently. Often to make matters worse it freezes my mouse when I have the flash drive plugged in. Also it wont let my computer shut down when the flash drive is plugged in. So far I have...
  8. USB flash drive

USB flash drive: usually, when I insert a cd/dvd in my laptop, it usually asks how I want to use it, and gives 2 options: like a USB flash drive or with CD/DVD drive. I just need to see and read what's in it. which option is appropriate?...
  9. format the USB flash

format the USB flash: When I entered my flash, I got massage this USB need to format before its used, when I tried to format, the computer or windows was unable to format please note that my windows is 10...
  10. fastest (write) usb-c flash drive Re: Recommendations

fastest (write) usb-c flash drive Re: Recommendations: I have no need for a docking station but I want to try out the USB-C port and see what if any all of the fuss is about. In the past I never really paid to much attention to the controllers on the flash drives I have purchased which if I am not mistaken vary wildly and are...