Windows 10: Recommended backup method for recovering from the system drive breakdown

Discus and support Recommended backup method for recovering from the system drive breakdown in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,See the page Recovery options in Windows → Windows 10 → "Use a recovery drive to restore or recover your PC" at the end of page, the 3rd to last.The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by haba713, Sep 19, 2021.

1. haba713 Win User

Recommended backup method for recovering from the system drive breakdown

Hi,See the page Recovery options in Windows → Windows 10 → "Use a recovery drive to restore or recover your PC" at the end of page, the 3rd to last.The questionsRecommended backup method for recovering from the system drive breakdown :Does that method work in a situation where the system drive has failed and replaced with a new one blank?If it does, how has the backup been taken?If it does not, what is the recommended method in Windows 10 to take backups so that- recovering the whole system from the SSD breakdown is possible- files C:\Users\*\Documents are backed up every now and then?I know True Image and some other commercial 3rd party software but in this

:)

haba713, Sep 19, 2021

2. Setting up a fileserver - help and backup method/recommendations

I'm setting up a basic Windows fileserver to replace a Linkstation NAS. It is a relatively low use/demand, with not more than 50 new or editted files per day, not more than 50MB of changed, and 5MB of new material per day, on average.

The main HDD (640GB) is as follows:

C:\ system partition 20GB
    D:\ data drive, requiring frequent backup 300GB
    E:\ data drive, requiring occasional backup 300GB

I'm looking for advice/suggestions on a suitable data security / backup / recovery method.

My initial thoughts are the following:

1/ Set up Volume Shadow Services to maintain a daily file-copy on the main HDD, which provides rollback to the user in the case of basic file management mistakes
    2/ Install a second HDD (also 640GB) on the machine
    3/ Run Cobian backup to make a copy of the D and E drives on to the second HDD. There would be a full backup once per month, plus a differential backup done daily at 2am.

Is this a good setup? Any other ideas? Suggestions welcome and appreciated.

I have also seen Acronis Backup & Recovery, but this is too expensive. Looking for cheap but effective solutions. Can spend to a small budget, but not hundreds.

Completely Bonkers, Sep 19, 2021
  3. Macazine Win User
    Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. http://billhoyer.com/recover-corrupt-flash-drive-mac

Macazine, Sep 19, 2021
  4. Recommended backup method for recovering from the system drive breakdown

Archival backup methods

Dual or tri redundant backup is suggested, tape drives are still around, there are M Disks that @Sasqui knows about besides dvds and cds. I would also have vaccum bags or a pelican case that have dessicants to prevent moisture from getting in the media.

Pictures you do not want to lose I would make 2 hard copies, and then if its from 35mm film I'd have that film ptotected and a digital backup of the prints in a lossless format so no compression. Fireproof and flood/water proof safes are suggested too.
    Tapedrives are now using a SAS format, i presume there are SATA variants too.

eidairaman1, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

Recommended backup method for recovering from the system drive breakdown

1. Recommended backup method for recovering from the system drive breakdown - Similar Threads - Recommended backup method

2. Recommendations on a backup regime

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recommendations on a backup regime: Hi. I have a win 10 PC and want to back up data periodically. It's not mission critical, does not need to be live or daily backups.A. To this point I have been old-school and avoided cloud-based backup. I am still a hard-drive, disc-in-hand kind of person for reasons of...
  3. Recovering files from a backup on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering files from a backup on an external hard drive: Hi there. Since my desk top PC, running Windows 10, started misbehaving a couple of years ago I've been using a laptop for day to day work. I've given up on the old desktop and now want to recover various files - music, photos and Office documents from the 1TB WD Elements...
  4. Can a backup file deleted from an external drive, be recovered?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can a backup file deleted from an external drive, be recovered?: Hello I accidentally (to free some space) deleted a .bak file from an external drive and it contained the only copy of some files I had. Is there a way to recover it?...
  5. Can not recover with from a System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can not recover with from a System Image Backup: Story: I have 6 Windows 10 systems. The drive in my G60 laptop just crashed out completely and while the three partitions can be seen in another PC neither the size nor any other information is available - it's trashed. It's 10 Home upgraded from Windows 7 back in the free...
  6. Backup and Restore - Exclude drive from system image backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and Restore - Exclude drive from system image backup: Hello, I have a quick question about "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" feature on Windows 10. I set up a backup months ago to include a system image and some personal data and everything worked fine. I notice this backup feature tried to backup my game dedicated drive...
  7. No booting after system breakdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No booting after system breakdown: Hi everyone. During normal use my Samsung series 5 ultrabook started to slow down and eventually froze. Task manager was not responding and I had to do a hard shut down using the power button also because I heard some clicking from the pc (hard-drive? Motherboard?)....
  8. Is This a FULLY Reliable Method to Recover from Ransomware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is This a FULLY Reliable Method to Recover from Ransomware?: Hello Everyone, I have lately read several websites that talk about the possible destruction of my computer resulting from a ransomware infection . . . which made me wonder if the method I have long expected to use would Actually be reliable! So I would really appreciate...
  9. Backup of System drive.

Backup of System drive.: I hope this is the right forum for this question which is to do with backing up Windows 10. I have recently purchased a new laptop which came with Windows 8 and a 1TB hard drive which I partitioned into two - one for the OS (Drive C) and the other for data (Drive F). The...
  10. Backup strategy recommendations

Backup strategy recommendations: A friend has asked me for help in setting up a backup strategy for her computer. I am way out of date on the best practices in this area. It's a desktop computer currently running Windows 7 but she wants to bring it up to date with Windows 10 so I'm looking for a good backup...