Windows 10: Recommended disk space size for System Restore Points (of Win10 partn?

Discus and support Recommended disk space size for System Restore Points (of Win10 partn? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Whats the recommended size for Restore Points for an Win10 system partition when I want to store e.g. 8 restore points? Where can I defined where (in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by clsven, Jul 25, 2019.

1. clsven Win User

Recommended disk space size for System Restore Points (of Win10 partn?

Whats the recommended size for Restore Points for an Win10 system partition when I want to store e.g. 8 restore points?

Where can I defined where (in which partition) these restore points should be stored? Or are they always on the same partition as the original?

Are old Win7 Restore Point tools work on Win10 too (=is the restore Point interface API the same)?

Claudia

:)

clsven, Jul 25, 2019
  2. Jessen P Win User

System restore points are lost

Hi Tom,

I understand the frustration when Restore points are lost.

Restore points are saved until the disk space System Restore reserves is filled up. As new restore points are created, old ones are deleted. If you turn off system protection (the feature that creates restore points) on a disk, all restore points are deleted
    from that disk. When you turn system protection back on, new restore points are created.

Perform steps mentioned below and see if it helps.

a: Press Windows key + X.

b: Then click Command prompt(Admin)

Type Vssadmin list shadowstorage
    c: Take note of what the shadow storage allocation is on the drive you're having issues with.

d: Change the allocation by using the Vssadmin command, syntax:
    vssadmin resize shadowstorage /On=C: /For=C: /Maxsize=1G (where Maxsize=the amount of disk space you've allocated to System Restore points. In my case it was 20 GB

e: In the case of the C: drive, the syntax would be VSSAdmin resize shadowstorage /On=C: /For=C: /Maxsize =20G, after increasing the size and rebooting my restore points were still intact and no longer being deleted.

Please revert if you have any issues with Windows in future.

Jessen P, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Alcpone Win User
    Free hard disk space reduce after system restore

If your system is running ok now, you could disable system restore then re enable it, thus removing all previous restore points and freeing up that lost space!

*Wink Recommended disk space size for System Restore Points (of Win10 partn? ;)

Alcpone, Jul 25, 2019
  4. macbeth Win User

Free hard disk space reduce after system restore

I clear the log from EventVwr.msc but it did not recover much hard drive space. So i try clearing the retore point. Now my free hard drive space is about 34.4GB as compared to 26.6GB after my system restore.
    Anyway before i did a system restore. I did create a system restore point manually from system restore. Will the system restore point account for the lost free hard drive space?

macbeth, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Recommended disk space size for System Restore Points (of Win10 partn? - Similar Threads - Recommended disk space

2. Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...: I reinstalled Windows 10 and made System Restore Points and even i made some hard disk space for Automatic System Restore Points.After few days i found that System Restore Points are all deleted and even the hard disk space which i made for Automatic System Restore Points...
  3. Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...: I reinstalled Windows 10 and made System Restore Points and even i made some hard disk space for Automatic System Restore Points.After few days i found that System Restore Points are all deleted and even the hard disk space which i made for Automatic System Restore Points...
  4. Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System Restore Point Is Small In Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Point Is Small In Size: I bought a laptop with no OS. I put Windows 11 Home on it. I don't have much on the laptop - steam, 1 game and 3 documents. I created a restore point because everything worked great and then a bit later made some changes. I wanted to delete the previous restore point and...
  6. System Restore Point Is Small In Size

System Restore Point Is Small In Size: I bought a laptop with no OS. I put Windows 11 Home on it. I don't have much on the laptop - steam, 1 game and 3 documents. I created a restore point because everything worked great and then a bit later made some changes. I wanted to delete the previous restore point and...
  7. WIN10 Restore Points

WIN10 Restore Points: For my own reasons* I have used third party software to stop Microsoft updates to my system. On my Current PC this will never change. Still somehow even though Microsoft is not upgrading perhaps when I run "SFC/ SCANOW" my system restore is turned off and restore points...
  8. System Restore Points disappear, Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Points disappear, Win10: If system restore points routinely disappear in a day or two, why does MS even offer the option? Or, if MS intends such a short life for temporary protection only, why not let users know about it? This happens independently of system updates, which, of course, delete...
  9. Impact of Restore Points on disk space

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Impact of Restore Points on disk space: I fitted a 'Crucial' MX500 250GB SSD and installed Windows 10 64-bit, v1903 on it. It is now build 18362.295. I also installed the recommended 'Crucial Storage Executive' (CSE) software. Everything works fine but I noticed that the amount of 'Used' space varies without me...
  10. System Restore - Recommended size?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore - Recommended size?: Just wondering what's the minimum and recommended size for system restore to work well? Thanks! 26906

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 system restore recommended size

2. recommended restore point size windows 10

3. restore point windows 10 disk space recommendation

4. is 10% disk space good for system restore,
  5. how to determine how big a system restore point is,
  6. windows 10 system restore disk space,
  7. restore point size,
  8. how much disk space for restore points win 10,
  9. how much disk space is required for a windows 10 restore point,
  10. how to calculate space for win10 restore poin,
  11. mybooklive ssytem size restore point,