Windows 10: Recommended imaging software for Windows 10?

Discus and support Recommended imaging software for Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to move Windows 10 from a small NVME drive to a larger one. This is on an ASUS laptop so I can't do a generic Windows installation. Anyone have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GaryLee2, Apr 23, 2021.

1. GaryLee2 Win User

Recommended imaging software for Windows 10?

I want to move Windows 10 from a small NVME drive to a larger one. This is on an ASUS laptop so I can't do a generic Windows installation. Anyone have suggestions on imaging application or methods to accomplish the above with minimum fuss? freeware or shareware? Note: laptop also has a standard SSA drive, too.

:)

GaryLee2, Apr 23, 2021
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Apr 23, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 23, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Recommended imaging software for Windows 10? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Recommended imaging software for Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Recommended imaging software

2. Recommendations on formatting software?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recommendations on formatting software?: I have a HDD that is stuck in RAW and the built in windows format is unable to do it in right-click, disk management and command prompt. I saw a video recommending I use a third-party software to fix the issue, any recommendations? submitted by /u/Fahzi_ [link] [comments]...
  3. File encryption software recommendations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File encryption software recommendations: Hey all. I'm looking for file encryption software recommendations. Basically I need something to secure my important files on my own device and also on cloud storage. I've been looking at some options and right now I'm trying to choose between NordLocker, VeraCrypt and...
  4. Recommendation Editing Software

Recommendation Editing Software: I am trying to find an editing software that has timelines, allows me to add images into my videos. I am currently using microsoft photos app which does not have timelines, thus can't add images into my video. I hoping you would recommend me a free editing software that has...
  5. Image cloning/backup software recommendation sought

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Image cloning/backup software recommendation sought: I am looking at Acronis or Macrium. Any thoughts? Is the free version of Macrium good or should I buy one. Many thanks SM 125805
  6. Recommended malware and antivirus software for windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recommended malware and antivirus software for windows 10: Hi, Just joined the forum and I look forward to sharing and contributing while seeking advice and help from members. I found a file on a partition on the disk drive that refers to MPSigStub. The properties do not show that it is a MS file. It says it is a Network Service...
  7. Recommend backup software for 10

Recommend backup software for 10: Hi ... I'm curious if anyone is using a backup software with windows 10 ? And, if so which are you using ? I always been a Acronis True Image user but their latest version 2015 I really hate the whole interface of it . I did try it out but it has fail when I try to restore an...
  8. Recommendations on Cloning Software

Recommendations on Cloning Software: Hello, I am a Mac person, but trying to learn more about supporting Windows. I am looking for recommendations on finding good cloning software for PCs. On Mac, we have CCC which is a dream to use! Also, I am looking for a solution that is stable, idiot-proof, and...
  9. Recommended video software apps?

Recommended video software apps?: I'm being told that Movie Maker is not available for Windows 10, and so is the rest of the Windows Live suite. So now what? What's the alternative for Movie Maker up at this point? 12092
  10. Recommendation for image backup software

Recommendation for image backup software: Hi All, Just wondering what image backup software do you recommend? I've been using Acronis 2016 and I've had a couple of minor niggles with it lately and am thinking about changing. I would prefer something with a small footprint and an easy to use interface. 25307