Windows 10: Recommended Resolution in Windows 10

Discus and support Recommended Resolution in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Which one should we choose? Why lower resolution is recommended? Laptop model is: K540u and GPU is Geforce MX 120 [ATTACH] Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dani_F1, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Dani_F1 Win User

Recommended Resolution in Windows 10

Hello,

Which one should we choose? Why lower resolution is recommended?

Laptop model is: K540u and GPU is Geforce MX 120

Recommended Resolution in Windows 10 536d46da-3c5e-4b0d-85b5-aaff4404f5e8?upload=true.jpg

Thanks

:)

Dani_F1, Oct 17, 2019

2. Laptop Screen Resolution Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers.

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update driver software.

Refer to: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

Step 2: Kindly follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select Keep changes.

There will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows. We will be happy to help you.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Resolution is less than recommended message while start up

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I'll certainly help you with this.

• What is the exact error message you receive when you boot the computer?
    • Did you reboot the device after changing the resolution? If you haven't, please reboot the device for changes to apply.

I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if it helps. To do so, follow the steps provided in the following help article.

How to update drivers

Make sure that the screen resolution is set to at least 1024x768 or above on your Windows 10 device. Follow the below steps to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on the desktop screen.
    • Click on Display settings and select Advanced display settings.
    • Click on Resolution list and select the recommended 1024 X 768
      size or above.
    • Click on Apply to save the setting and check if the issue persist.

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Recommended Resolution in Windows 10

Help! Windows 10 changed my resolution and can't see anything!!

Hi Etan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Monitors can support resolutions that are lower than their native resolutions, but text won't look as sharp and the display might be small, centered on the screen, edged with black, or stretched. It is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display
    to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor. Your screen resolution needs to be at least
    1024x768 to have multiple windows and apps on your screen at the same time.

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the Display Resolution on your monitor to the recommended level. Follow the below steps

• Open the Start menu and type Settings in the search bar.
    • Click on System and select Display.
    • Make sure that you have set the Change the size of the text, apps and other items to 100%
      recommended.
    • Click on Advanced display settings.
    • Select the monitor and make sure that you have selected Resolution
      to 1920*1080 Recommended.
    If the issue still persists, then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the display adapter then try to change the screen resolution.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers.  

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the Display Adapters and select Uninstall.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer to download the latest display adapters.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Recommended Resolution in Windows 10

1. Recommended Resolution in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Recommended Resolution

2. In Win 11, how do I increase monitor resolution to 3840 x 2160 the recommended settings for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Win 11, how do I increase monitor resolution to 3840 x 2160 the recommended settings for...: I just purchased Phillips 28" 4K monitors. Windows 11 recognizes the monitors, but only offers a 1980 x 1080, 2048 x 1152 1152 x 2048 portrait resolution for them. Their recommended resolution is 3840 x 2160, but that resolution does nor show up in Display Settings,...
  3. In Win 11, how do I increase monitor resolution to 3840 x 2160 the recommended settings for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Win 11, how do I increase monitor resolution to 3840 x 2160 the recommended settings for...: I just purchased Phillips 28" 4K monitors. Windows 11 recognizes the monitors, but only offers a 1980 x 1080, 2048 x 1152 1152 x 2048 portrait resolution for them. Their recommended resolution is 3840 x 2160, but that resolution does nor show up in Display Settings,...
  4. Screen resolution recommended is saying 1920x1080 but it keeps reverting to 600x400 or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen resolution recommended is saying 1920x1080 but it keeps reverting to 600x400 or...: Screen resolution recommended is saying 1920x1080 but it keeps reverting to 600x400 or something like that. It says something about driver integrity, but not sure what to do....
  5. Screen resolution recommended is saying 1920x1080 but it keeps reverting to 600x400 or...

Screen resolution recommended is saying 1920x1080 but it keeps reverting to 600x400 or...: Screen resolution recommended is saying 1920x1080 but it keeps reverting to 600x400 or something like that. It says something about driver integrity, but not sure what to do....
  6. My monitor recommended resolution is not available since I did the Windows 11 update. Is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor recommended resolution is not available since I did the Windows 11 update. Is...: My LG monitor optimal resolution is no longer available on my computer. I have 2 external monitors, one has a high resolution available and the other doesn’t....
  7. My monitor recommended resolution is not available since I did the Windows 11 update. Is...

My monitor recommended resolution is not available since I did the Windows 11 update. Is...: My LG monitor optimal resolution is no longer available on my computer. I have 2 external monitors, one has a high resolution available and the other doesn’t....
  8. Unable to start up in recommended screen resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to start up in recommended screen resolution: Hi,I set my screen resolution to the recommended 3440 x 1440 for my monitor using the Display Control Panel, by selecting that resolution from the drop-down list.Upon restarting the PC however my Windows 10 always boots in 2560 x 1440 resolution, and if I try to use programs...
  9. Unable to start up in recommended screen resolution

Unable to start up in recommended screen resolution: Hi,I set my screen resolution to the recommended 3440 x 1440 for my monitor using the Display Control Panel, by selecting that resolution from the drop-down list.Upon restarting the PC however my Windows 10 always boots in 2560 x 1440 resolution, and if I try to use programs...
  10. Unable to start up in recommended screen resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recommended resolution for windows 10

2. resolution recomendation in windows

3. recommendation resolution windows 10

4. windows 10 recomended resolution ,
  5. resolution for win 10 recommended