Windows 10: Recommended Resolution lower than the highest resolution

Discus and support Recommended Resolution lower than the highest resolution in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 pro with AMD rx 570updated driver and in the settings it is showing that the recommended resolutions to be 1024x768 instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by QaziZabeer, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Recommended Resolution lower than the highest resolution

I am using windows 10 pro with AMD rx 570updated driver and in the settings it is showing that the recommended resolutions to be 1024x768 instead of 1920x1080. I of course will prefer to use the latter resolution so should I continue using at the highest resolution and ignore this 'problem'? Or is there a problem that needs to be fixed?

:)

QaziZabeer, Dec 29, 2020

2. I want to lower my resolution

Hi Facundo,

It's possible that your laptop does not support a lower resolution. But we can still check if we can activate it through the
    Display settings. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and click Display settings.
    • Select Advanced display settings at the bottom of the page.
    • Select Display adapter properties.
    • Click on List All Modes.
    • Look for the resolution you prefer and select OK.
    • Click Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Dec 29, 2020
  3. D_rock5 Win User
    Could Changing Display Resolution Affect Files?

Hi,

If I went from the highest (recommended) display resolution to a lower one, and changed it back to the highest resolution, will my videos and images look exactly like they did before? When I go to a lower display resolution, are videos and images still at
    their original high resolution, but the screen just doesn't show it? Just wanted to be sure the actual files aren't being affected.

Thanks.

D_rock5, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Recommended Resolution lower than the highest resolution

Black background on images & lower resolution in photo's app

Hello John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

As the issue only occurs with Photo app, this might be the app issue. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I would suggest you to run the Troubleshooter for Windows App and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Change the screen resolution and check if it helps:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search
      box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the
      Recommended
      or any other resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Recommended Resolution lower than the highest resolution

1. Recommended Resolution lower than the highest resolution - Similar Threads - Recommended Resolution lower

2. All game resolutions are stuck at the highest resolution.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All game resolutions are stuck at the highest resolution.: All of my game's resolution were suddenly on the highest resolution which is the native resolution of my laptop, I already tried reinstalling my drivers, I've also already tried tweaking my games' compatibility but none solved, updating/rolling back driver also didn't helped....
  3. All game resolutions are stuck at the highest resolution.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All game resolutions are stuck at the highest resolution.: All of my game's resolution were suddenly on the highest resolution which is the native resolution of my laptop, I already tried reinstalling my drivers, I've also already tried tweaking my games' compatibility but none solved, updating/rolling back driver also didn't helped....
  4. All game resolutions are stuck at the highest resolution.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Full screen games with lower resolution than native resolution change the display resulution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full screen games with lower resolution than native resolution change the display resulution: Recently I bought a 4k monitor and tried to play Apex Legends in full HD resolution. because I want to use it as 4k for programming and 4k requires too much power to play games.But I noticed that when games go into full HD full screen mode, Windows also go into HD resolution....
  6. Full screen games with lower resolution than native resolution change the display resulution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full screen games with lower resolution than native resolution change the display resulution: Recently I bought a 4k monitor and tried to play Apex Legends in full HD resolution. because I want to use it as 4k for programming and 4k requires too much power to play games.But I noticed that when games go into full HD full screen mode, Windows also go into HD resolution....
  7. Recommended resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recommended resolution: Hi,I recently finished building my new PC and successfully installed Windows on it. However, the resolution is set to 1366x768. I change it to 1920x1080 but the display is zoomed in to the center slightly. I fix this issue by going into the graphics settings and manually set...
  8. Active SIgnal Resolution lower than Desktop Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active SIgnal Resolution lower than Desktop Resolution: I recently got a new monitor Samsung sj55w. its a 3440 x 1440p 75hz monitor. I applied an 85hz overclock to it. I noticed it was looking really grainy while programming. I went to my display settings -> advanced settings and noticed that the active signal resolution is...
  9. Highest resolution screen capture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Highest resolution screen capture: Hi everybody, For my thesis, I need highest resolution screen capture to print later. I tuned off Clear Type Text, but apparently it is not enough. I want also to increase color intensity to the highest level in Windows 10, but I did not find the "color intensity" in the...
  10. Lowering resolution for tiring eyes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Lowering resolution for tiring eyes: Hi, I'm looking to get some advice about 13.3" laptops because my daughter is looking to buy one and I've told her to not get anything less than 1920 x 1080 resolution. I admit however that on a display smaller than 15.6", it starts getting small. Years ago I remember when...