Windows 10: Recommended scaling 125% ruins images

Discus and support Recommended scaling 125% ruins images in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Yesterday when I created something in Photoshop, it looked great in the software itself, but when I exported it and opened it through Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KenzaRemmers, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Recommended scaling 125% ruins images

Hello,

Yesterday when I created something in Photoshop, it looked great in the software itself, but when I exported it and opened it through Windows images it looked stretched out and pixelated. When I uploaded it online, it looked the same as in Windows images.

After lots and lots of googling, I found this thread with the exact same problem and an explanation; that the image gets stretched because the Windows display setting is not on 100%. This is true for me, my settings are on 125% which is the recommended setting. When I change it to 100% it does fix the problem, the image looks exactly like it does in Photoshop again.

However, I really can't work like that, the 100% setting is way too small.

Is there another way in which I can keep my 125% scaling but not have my images ruined? It's a pretty big problem for me as I work with images a lot.

:)

KenzaRemmers, Jul 10, 2020
  2. EdHayes3 Win User

When un-docking laptop, Windows scaling changes to 125% but still shows 100% in settings

I have a 1920x1080 laptop display, and 2 extnernal 1920x1080 displays. When I dock, I do not use my laptop display. Scaling is set to 100% for all monitors when in use.

When I un-dock, and open my laptop display, scaling changes automatically, and visually appears 125%. I go to my display settings, and it says 100%. But when I change to 125% (which is the "recommended" setting) then back to 100%, my display then looks as it
    should.

This is quite repeatable.

• I would prefer scaling does not change when I un-dock
    • Why does does he actual scaling not match what the setting is set to?

EdHayes3, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Kaspersky icon is Blurry on 125% Scale

Hello,

So I have installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 (latest update) on my system running Windows 10 X64.
    I always change my Monitor Scale to 125% , after the scaling the icon looks awful.
    But when Kaspersky is scanning something (animation icon) - the icon looks crystal sharp, but when Kaspersky is idle, that icon become blurry again.
    I have tested other Antiviruses e.g. Bitdefender / Eset - non of them were like Kaspersky. I have asked this question on Kaspersky forum too, but unfortunate no help.
    First Image, is when Kaspersky was scanning some file.
    Second Image, is when Kaspersky is idle.
    So I assume this issue isn't related to Kaspersky, because the icon can be up-scaled w/out loosing quality!
    (img.1)

Recommended scaling 125% ruins images [​IMG]

(img.2)

Recommended scaling 125% ruins images [​IMG]

williclarkam, Jul 10, 2020
  4. JonGrimes Win User

Recommended scaling 125% ruins images

When ever I adjust my 17" (1920 x 1080) notebooks display from Windows 10 default 100% scale to 125% cutom scale I lose 3 important desktop icons?

Hi George222(2),

Thanks for your suggestion and help, much appreciated. I've only tried the second (not recommended) custom display scale at 125% where I lose the 3 desktop icons. But the 125% display scale magnifies perfectly for me to enable web reading, too bad I lose
    the 3 icons on that custom scaling.. The first option doesn't offer increased screen scaling or changing anything but the size of paletes, icons, title bars, menu bars, etc.. But I went ahead and used the first option you suggested and increased size of all
    and applied each one. It helps a little bit but w/ such a high resolution of 1920 x 1080 display it's still difficult to read fonts on web pages, oh well, thanks anyway.

When I want to browse the web & read I'll use the custom 125% Display scale, then when I need the 3 icons back for gaming or my recycle bin I'll switch back to default 100% display scale, it's a shame that Windows 10 display scaling is actually worse then
    Windows 7 SP1 & Windows 8.1 was but oh well, at least most everything else w/ Windows 10 is better!

JonGrimes, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Recommended scaling 125% ruins images

1. Recommended scaling 125% ruins images - Similar Threads - Recommended scaling 125%

2. Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%: When using my laptop with two other monitors, I need the scaling to change on my laptop so I can still see information on that screen, so I change it to 125%. I also use the snipping tool regularly, but that gets screwed up when one of my monitors is not scaled to 100%, only...
  3. blurry on 125% scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blurry on 125% scaling: HeyWhen im on my native resolution the apps and texts are too small. When i change to 125% scaling the text and apps are perfect size but it's blurry, any help please?I have tried a resolution lower but its blurry aswell...
  4. blurry on 125% scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blurry on 125% scaling: HeyWhen im on my native resolution the apps and texts are too small. When i change to 125% scaling the text and apps are perfect size but it's blurry, any help please?I have tried a resolution lower but its blurry aswell...
  5. Recommended Display Scale of 125% - Is it still safe to change it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recommended Display Scale of 125% - Is it still safe to change it?: I feel like my computer's display is a bit small for me. The display scale is 125% and is recommended. I'd like to change it to 100% so that everything looks smaller. I feel like this might affect the experience of some of my software, like games. So, is it safe to change the...
  6. Recommended Display Scale of 125% - Is it still safe to change it?

Recommended Display Scale of 125% - Is it still safe to change it?: I feel like my computer's display is a bit small for me. The display scale is 125% and is recommended. I'd like to change it to 100% so that everything looks smaller. I feel like this might affect the experience of some of my software, like games. So, is it safe to change the...
  7. Recommended Display Scale of 125% - Is it still safe to change it?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. 125% scaling blurry icons on taskbar

125% scaling blurry icons on taskbar: Hello. I have an issue with icons on taskbar, when I launch some games with low resolution, after that the icons on taskbar looks very blurry. I have toggled "Let Windows try to fix app so they're not blurry", tried change DPI settings in compatibility section, didn't help....
  9. 125% scaling on 1440p

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    125% scaling on 1440p: I have a 1440p 27" monitor and because of this, 100% scaling looks a bit too small on it for my liking, so I upped it to 125%. Majority of applications look fine however, there are some that appear blury and I was wondering if there was a simple fix for it? submitted by...
  10. Why does windows recommend 125% scaling?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does windows recommend 125% scaling?: Does it make that much of a different. I prefer 100% scale on my laptop its much bigger. submitted by /u/midsty [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iqy9dp/why_does_windows_recommend_125_scaling/