Windows 10: recommended screen capture software for PC?

Discus and support recommended screen capture software for PC? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; currently I am capturing with mouse and every time I need to capture a rectangular section I need to use mouse to start from a point and pull it down.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tsw88, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Tsw88 Win User

recommended screen capture software for PC?

currently I am capturing with mouse and every time I need to capture a rectangular section I need to use mouse to start from a point and pull it down.

It's very troublesome. Especially when I often need to capture and save screen , of approx. the same size.

I don't need exact dimension of capture area, only approx. dimension is fine.

any screen capturing software where it provides a pre-defined size where I can more easily to capture a rectangular area? For example, every click it already gives me a rectangular size and let me choose where to capture and then just another click to finish?

Any recommended software?

:)

Tsw88, Nov 2, 2018
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Screen Capture software

Hi,

Upon checking on your concern, we have found a suggestion that may help you take a screenshot of the dropdown menu using the Snipping tool. Please follow the steps below:

• Launch Snipping tool.
    • Right-click the menu you wish to take a screenshot.
    • Press CTRL + Fn+ Print Scrn.
    • Once you've already taken the print screen of the menu, you may try using the snipping tool and check if it will be able to capture the drop down menu.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Nov 2, 2018
  3. TPU Capture

Great tool, fantastic. http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/search.php?q=tpucapture

For all those that dont know TPU Capture... its a screenshot tool that allows fullscreen or selected box screen capture... WITH automatic upload to TPU server. It saves a lot of steps. Great. Recommended.

BUGS

1./ TPU Capture can only capture Screen 1. It cannot capture 2nd screen (or more)
    2./ If TPU Capture window is moved to the second screen, then at some point the PC has only one screen, ie. not connected, disabled, etc. The TPU Capture window is "lost in space". It is not coming back to what screen real-estate actually exists. This may occur with resolution changes also.

Hope bugs can be fixed, but even with bugs its very useful utility *Toast :toast:

lemonadesoda, Nov 2, 2018
  4. recommended screen capture software for PC?

Screen capture

I could not find screen capture window in Xbox. Where to find out Screen capture utility in windows10? Kindly give step by step help.

shrikanttillu, Nov 2, 2018
Thema:

recommended screen capture software for PC?

1. recommended screen capture software for PC? - Similar Threads - recommended screen capture

2. Screen capture on a remote PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen capture on a remote PC: I no longer can do a screen capture on a remote PC. Shift/ prntscrn nor windows key / prntsscn work on the local desktop.Peter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-capture-on-a-remote-pc/dff0752f-ed17-4335-b3a1-a724825f8a21
  3. Screen capture on a remote PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen capture on a remote PC: I no longer can do a screen capture on a remote PC. Shift/ prntscrn nor windows key / prntsscn work on the local desktop.Peter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-capture-on-a-remote-pc/dff0752f-ed17-4335-b3a1-a724825f8a21
  4. Screen Recorder Software recommendations preferably downloadable

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Screen Recorder Software recommendations preferably downloadable: After that UK Amazon distributor that got delisted, I don't really trust reviews that are on an app's listing. Any recommendations of screen recorder apps. I want to be able to do screen capture with audio. My experience has been that downloadable products are less glitchy...
  5. Recommendations on formatting software?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recommendations on formatting software?: I have a HDD that is stuck in RAW and the built in windows format is unable to do it in right-click, disk management and command prompt. I saw a video recommending I use a third-party software to fix the issue, any recommendations? submitted by /u/Fahzi_ [link] [comments]...
  6. Workflow capture software?

Workflow capture software?: I have an ongoing project that involves moving files and data into a folder structure. I've set up a kind of workflow that involves having the input folder and output folders in separate windows, and the spreadsheet of where the files and data should be going. The project...
  7. File encryption software recommendations

File encryption software recommendations: Hey all. I'm looking for file encryption software recommendations. Basically I need something to secure my important files on my own device and also on cloud storage. I've been looking at some options and right now I'm trying to choose between NordLocker, VeraCrypt and...
  8. Recommendation Editing Software

Recommendation Editing Software: I am trying to find an editing software that has timelines, allows me to add images into my videos. I am currently using microsoft photos app which does not have timelines, thus can't add images into my video. I hoping you would recommend me a free editing software that has...
  9. Recommendations on Cloning Software

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recommendations on Cloning Software: Hello, I am a Mac person, but trying to learn more about supporting Windows. I am looking for recommendations on finding good cloning software for PCs. On Mac, we have CCC which is a dream to use! Also, I am looking for a solution that is stable, idiot-proof, and...
  10. Recommendation for image backup software

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recommendation for image backup software: Hi All, Just wondering what image backup software do you recommend? I've been using Acronis 2016 and I've had a couple of minor niggles with it lately and am thinking about changing. I would prefer something with a small footprint and an easy to use interface. 25307