Windows 10: Recommended screen resolution too big for monitor

Discus and support Recommended screen resolution too big for monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The recommended screen resolution 1920 x 1080 has recently become too big for my monitor. When I delete the driver and let windows replace it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EllsworthLund, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Recommended screen resolution too big for monitor

The recommended screen resolution 1920 x 1080 has recently become too big for my monitor.

When I delete the driver and let windows replace it [Intel UHD Graphics 630], the screen resolution is correct, but after a moment or two it reverts to being too big.

This is a recent problem. I tried removing a recent windows update; didn't help. I reset the computer to a recent restore point; did't help. I have changed the screen resolution to 1600 x 1200, at which resolution I can see all of a maximized window except the bottom scroll bar.

The screen resolution has been fine for years. Usually when something like this changes on my computer, it's a windows update that causes it. I can't find anything helpful online. Any suggestions?

:)

EllsworthLund, Aug 19, 2020

2. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Recommended screen resolution too big for monitor

Monitor resolution

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with screen resolution. I will try to help you in fixing the issue.

To help you suggest more steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

What exactly happens when you try to change the screen resolution? Do you get any error message?

The recommended resolution on windows 10 is 1920 x 1080. Change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and check.

The reason why your display was stretched sideways is because the resolution was in-corrected.

Here are the steps to change the screen resolution:

• Right Click the Desktop and select
      Screen Resolution.
    • Click the Make text and other items larger or smaller link.
    • In the Change only the text size section click the
      drop down menu
      to select the items you want to change.
    Hope the information was helpful

Nachappa C K, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Recommended screen resolution too big for monitor

1. Recommended screen resolution too big for monitor - Similar Threads - Recommended screen resolution

2. Wrong resolution recommendation on 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong resolution recommendation on 2nd monitor: Hi community,Couple of days ago I decided to upgrade to windows 11 and now my 2nd monitor resolution decided not to work. I'm using a Dell Latitude 5520 and since it only has one HDMI connector I'm using 2 monitors without the laptop's screen the 2nd monitor is connected with...
  3. Wrong resolution recommendation on 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong resolution recommendation on 2nd monitor: Hi community,Couple of days ago I decided to upgrade to windows 11 and now my 2nd monitor resolution decided not to work. I'm using a Dell Latitude 5520 and since it only has one HDMI connector I'm using 2 monitors without the laptop's screen the 2nd monitor is connected with...
  4. Windows Recommended Screen Resolution Is Too Small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Recommended Screen Resolution Is Too Small: i got a new monitor and set it to the recommended resolution in settings 1680 x 1050 but this resolution is too small as the left side of my screen is partially cut off and the right side has a black bar, i couldnt find any help with this online...
  5. Windows Recommended Screen Resolution Is Too Small

Windows Recommended Screen Resolution Is Too Small: i got a new monitor and set it to the recommended resolution in settings 1680 x 1050 but this resolution is too small as the left side of my screen is partially cut off and the right side has a black bar, i couldnt find any help with this online...
  6. Screen too big

Screen too big: My windows 10 screen is too big and I don’t know how to revert back. When I turn the laptop on, it is too big and I cannot click anything to log in. I cannot access resolution and magnifier does not work. I tried the hold shift and restart but that has failed too....
  7. Recommend Display resolution too large for Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recommend Display resolution too large for Screen: Recommend resolution 1920X1080. It's been working fine since I set machine up 7 months ago. Display randomly expanded. I have to reduce resolution to 1600X1200 to fit on monitor. Updated Windows, updated graphic card drivers, ran all OEM updates, read and tried every...
  8. My screen resolution is too big

My screen resolution is too big: My screen resolution is too big and i cant see the most things.I have windows 10 and a Nvidia GeForce 1050 please help.Btw i have a tv for a monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-resolution-is-too-big/7bb6c088-426a-448c-aee2-ac6b0bcc7dc9
  9. Picture too big for TV monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Picture too big for TV monitor: I'm trying to hook up a 32" Emerson TV as monitor to a Windows 10 computer using HDMI. There is not a video card as such—it is the graphics included on the Intel chip. The picture is too big for the screen. The first column of icons on the desktop is barely visible and...
  10. Screen too Big!

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen too Big!: My laptop is connected to my HD TV via an HDTV cable. But the blown-up screen encroaches beyond the 42"HD frame, so I have a difficult time scrolling, getting to the bottom and top bars. I want to settings and display, but I couldn't figure out how to shrink the screen enough...