Windows 10: Recommended wifi manager

Discus and support Recommended wifi manager in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I would like a recommendation for a wifi manager app that controls internet access per application based on my metered network settings. I use my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/paulcheeba, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Recommended wifi manager

I would like a recommendation for a wifi manager app that controls internet access per application based on my metered network settings.

I use my phone as a hotspot for my laptop. The laptop is set to recognize my phone as a metered connection. Many applications do not look to this setting for rules. Specifically google drives backup and sync. I find it quite annoying that a 14 mb PDF file gets rewritten my drive every time I add a comment. I'd rather not upload to Drive over a metered network. I can pause drive and re-enable it when I'm home on my wifi network but I'm forgetful.

The hope is that when I connect to my home network, all apps connects as normal but when I'm on my hotspot I have more control over what connects to the internet.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/paulcheeba
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/paulcheeba, Mar 23, 2020

2. Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    WiFi Connection

We suggest that you try the steps provided below and see if it will work:

• Navigate to Device Manager in Control Panel.
    • Locate the wireless adapter in the list.
    • Highlight the device in the listing.
    • Right click.
    • Select Properties then Power Management.
    • Uncheck "Allow computer to turn off this device."
    • Click Ok.
    • Reboot.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Recommended wifi manager

WiFi and Bluetooth Options Disappeared from Device management

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.
    Step 2: You may follow the steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue, as the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Device Manager.

• Click on View.

• Click on Show
        Hidden Devices.

• Search for the Bluetooth device.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Recommended wifi manager

1. Recommended wifi manager - Similar Threads - Recommended wifi manager

2. Is there a recommended approach or a best practice for managing Windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a recommended approach or a best practice for managing Windows updates: Is there a recommended approach or a best practice for managing Windows updates in a business environment to minimize disruptions while ensuring system security? I'm interested in learning about strategies or tools that effectively balance the need for timely updates with the...
  3. Is there a recommended approach or a best practice for managing Windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a recommended approach or a best practice for managing Windows updates: Is there a recommended approach or a best practice for managing Windows updates in a business environment to minimize disruptions while ensuring system security? I'm interested in learning about strategies or tools that effectively balance the need for timely updates with the...
  4. Photo Management Recommendation ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photo Management Recommendation ?: I have a neighbor who is in her 80s and just received a new-to-her machine. I've done some upgrades (SSD, RAM, etc) to it and have copied her photos, email, etc. Trying to make things as seamless from her old Win7 machine to this one. Her photos were scattered all over the...
  5. Recommendation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recommendation: Hi, As i know that there will be no windows 11 but i would recommend to pass this to the heads and suggest the next feature of windows https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GksehGJccqQ...
  6. Looking for a Decent internet Download manager ? any Recommendations

Looking for a Decent internet Download manager ? any Recommendations: Hi Looking for a Decent internet Download manager ? any Recommendations Any thing good fast and has worked for you as i am not tech savvy Thank you oh i forgot either it is free or i get lucky for a registry code dont have money for this *Biggrin 147205
  7. WiFi Management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Management: I just had a new Internet connection added to my system. Previously, I used our buildings WiFi, but it frequently faulted and needed a reset by building management. They were afraid to touch the equipment, so I finally gave up and go my own via AT&T. I connect with a USB WiFi...
  8. Need recommendations for small office resources IT managment

in Windows 10 Support
    Need recommendations for small office resources IT managment: Hi there. First of all, thank you to everyone who posts here to offer there advice and help. You folks are amazing! I am the "technology manager" (among the several hats I wear) for a 4-person office. I am looking for recommendations for a good information source geared...
  9. Recommended Driver Update Manager (if any)?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recommended Driver Update Manager (if any)?: I have to maintain five physical computers with an additional four infrequently used test partitions that I select via multi-boot. All Windows 10. I'm interested in a tool that would automatically download (and install?) updated drivers. "Reasonable cost" is OK. Any...
  10. Recommendation for a partition manager

Recommendation for a partition manager: I recently upgraded a Dell XPS 8700 to Win10 and then downgraded back to Win7 because of compatibility with games. I'd like to delete the 21.18 GB recovery partition and add that space of the OS partition (Disk 2), SSD. The recovery partition is for Win8 its no longer needed....