Windows 10: Recommended Windows Update policies Admins should be using

Discus and support Recommended Windows Update policies Admins should be using in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Windows Update can be managed through policies, and it applies to almost all devices, including single-user, multi-user, education, factory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 15, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Recommended Windows Update policies Admins should be using

Recommended Windows Update policies Admins should be using recommended-group-policy-Windows-Update.jpg
    Windows Update can be managed through policies, and it applies to almost all devices, including single-user, multi-user, education, factory machines, and even Microsoft Teams Rooms devices. Microsoft IT Pro Block has shared a set of Windows Update Policies that one can use on their computer or any other system they manage. According to the Microsoft […]

This article Recommended Windows Update policies Admins should be using first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 15, 2022
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 15, 2022
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Apr 15, 2022
  4. Recommended Windows Update policies Admins should be using

Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Apr 15, 2022
Thema:

Recommended Windows Update policies Admins should be using

1. Recommended Windows Update policies Admins should be using - Similar Threads - Recommended Update policies

2. Group Policy settings you should not be using on your Windows computer

in Windows 10 News
    Group Policy settings you should not be using on your Windows computer: [ATTACH]Group Policy templates used to be backward compatible in the earlier versions of Windows, but this has changed with Windows 11. Some of the settings that Windows 11 offer is not available in Windows 10, and changing them is not straightforward anymore. That said,...
  3. Local Admin through Group Policy Update Concerns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Admin through Group Policy Update Concerns: Hello Everyone, I managed to successfully add local admin through group policy in the domain PCs by following the instruction from the video below:https://youtu.be/ps3peoLU1BI?t=293I still have few concerns relating to this and would really appreciate the help from...
  4. Local Admin through Group Policy Update Concerns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Admin through Group Policy Update Concerns: Hello Everyone, I managed to successfully add local admin through group policy in the domain PCs by following the instruction from the video below:https://youtu.be/ps3peoLU1BI?t=293I still have few concerns relating to this and would really appreciate the help from...
  5. Is there Microsoft recommended audit policy recommendation for SQL server ? If yes, please...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there Microsoft recommended audit policy recommendation for SQL server ? If yes, please...: Is there Microsoft recommended audit policy recommendation for SQL server ? If yes, please share https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-microsoft-recommended-audit-policy/6c7c4c93-4fc4-4af3-8f6e-573de9b71ddc
  6. Recommended windows update

Recommended windows update: There are too many version to choose so I need help choosing a most stable version. Between v1903, v1909, v2004, v2009. Which one is highly recommended ? 167242
  7. No Option to Read Group Policy for Admin?

in Windows 10 Support
    No Option to Read Group Policy for Admin?: Hi All Can someone please confirm how to grant Read Access to Group Policy. This is for existing Admins, who can create new Policies.( I have also added the Read only permission on the Delegation tab). When we were on Server 2008r2 we could just right click and edit, this...
  8. Windows update policies.

Windows update policies.: Hi. I have some troubles with my computer. The below picture shows the "some settings are managed by your organization" and i want to remove it but i tried many different ways by watching youtube videos and googling but just not able to resolve this problem. In the second...
  9. Avast recommends updating 15 drivers-should I?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Avast recommends updating 15 drivers-should I?: Avast Driver Updater has informed me that the computer has 15 outdated drivers. Some of the drivers are at least 3 years old. Should I just go ahead and have Avast install updated drivers, or just leave things as they are? 133591
  10. Recommended Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recommended Windows Updates: Hi to all Windows 10 users *Biggrin . Eset Nod32 has the ability to show and notify of windows updates, every time there is an update, it shows me critical and recommended one's, but when going to the update center itself, it shows me no recommended updates . My...