Windows 10: Recommened Protection for Android Mobile Phone/Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Recommened Protection for Android Mobile Phone/Windows 10 PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All Trying to sort out protection for my Android Phone, and PC, seems whenever I put Avast Mobile Security back on phone, I end up putting it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AMDMan2016, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Recommened Protection for Android Mobile Phone/Windows 10 PC

Hi All

Trying to sort out protection for my Android Phone, and PC, seems whenever I put Avast Mobile Security back on phone, I end up putting it back on Desktop lol, ( I know I shouldn't reinstalled it, but guess bad habit of mine sighs) oh well when I do the clean install of Anniversary update of WIndows 10, that should be solved it hope

:)

AMDMan2016, Jul 28, 2016

2. why cortana is not available for my region

This copy and pasted answer does not answer my question because the answer is talking about Cortana for windows 10 on the PC, I specifically asked for Cortana mobile as in the android version for my android phone NOT the windows 10 version for the pc.

mcconnelldt, Jul 28, 2016
  3. Windows updates inside windows 10

There are no recommened updates in windows 10.Are you on 10586.318 in winver?

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 28, 2016
  4. Recommened Protection for Android Mobile Phone/Windows 10 PC

Android

Bitdefender Free - light, simple, and free.

Windows

Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Anti Malware free.

RubberDucky, Jul 29, 2016
  5. Thank you so much, didn't even Bitdefender had a free one for Android, (first ever Android I ever had) will work on PC antivirus side August 2nd

AMDMan2016, Jul 29, 2016
  6. MBAM Free does NOT provide real-time protection.
    It is only a manual, on demand scanner to help remove malware that made it past your defenses onto the system.
    If you would like real-time anti-malware protection alongside your AV, to help PREVENT infection, then you will need MBAM Premium or a similar, paid anti-malware product.
    MBAE Free (Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free) is a different application that shields browsers and plug-ins. (There is a paid version, MBAE Premium, that can be configured to shield any internet-facing application. There are similar, paid anti-exploit products, as well.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 29, 2016
  7. Yeah on fixed disablity income, might check out MBAE Free possibly, previously was on Windows Phone since Windows Phone 7, then 8/8.1, then picked Android this time around, still learning on it lol.

AMDMan2016, Jul 29, 2016
  8. Recommened Protection for Android Mobile Phone/Windows 10 PC

^^ Understood. ^^

That's a cost:benefit calculation each user must make for his/her computer and other devices.
    For me, the pennies/day (or less) is well worth it for the added real-time protection and much cheaper than trying to recover from serious malware infection, identity theft or other catastrophe.
    In this day and age, an AV alone is probably not sufficient to protect against zero-day and zero-hour, non-viral malware.
    But, again, it's up to you.*Smile
    Of course, no security program or group of programs can substitute for "safe hex" by the computer user, the first- and last-line of computer defense.

>>BTW, there is a free version of MBAM for Mobile (Android) available at the Google Play Store. It does provide real-time protection for your Android device and will run alongside an Android AV. (I run Kaspersky Mobile on one phone and Emsisoft on the other, alongside MBAM-Mobile.)

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Recommened Protection for Android Mobile Phone/Windows 10 PC

1. Recommened Protection for Android Mobile Phone/Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Recommened Protection Android

2. Cannot link Android Phone with Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot link Android Phone with Windows 10 PC: I am unable to link my Windows 10 PC with my Android phone Samsung J7, 2017 with Your Phone Companion. It worked for me in early December 2021 but I then had to uninstall. My reinstall less than one month later does not work. I can only access the files created during the...
  3. Bootable windows 10 on mobile android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootable windows 10 on mobile android: Hello.My goal is to turn android into windows 10 using USB. But for some reason I got an error message saying "Invalid ISO File. ISO File Contains Files Bigger Than 4Gb." The app am using is an ISO 2 USB....
  4. Bootable windows 10 on mobile android

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootable windows 10 on mobile android: Hello.My goal is to turn android into windows 10 using USB. But for some reason I got an error message saying "Invalid ISO File. ISO File Contains Files Bigger Than 4Gb." The app am using is an ISO 2 USB....
  5. Bootable windows 10 on mobile android

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Cast mobile phone to Windows PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cast mobile phone to Windows PC?: Just got YouTube TV on my phone and I want to cast it toy PC. Is it possible to get the application form Microsoft store instead I have not found the exact same app so far searching Microsoft store. Can you download the playstore app and get it off there I'm sorry but I am...
  7. Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC: How to: Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC How to Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC The Projecting to this PC feature uses the Connect app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows Phone, another PC, or Android devices to the screen of...
  8. Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC: How to: Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC How to Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC Linking your iPhone or Android phone to your PC lets you switch seamlessly between your phone and PC. Start a task on one of your devices and continue it on another. You can text...
  9. Projecting to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Projecting to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Projecting to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Project to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone The Projecting to this PC feature uses the Connect app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows Phone, another PC, or Android devices to the screen...
  10. Windows 10 on Android Phones?

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 on Android Phones?: http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...th-special-rom Microsoft is developing a Windows 10 ROM that can be flashed onto Android devices to easily convert them to Windows Phones. As part of its announcements surrounding the upcoming launch of Windows 10, Microsoft also...