Windows 10: Reconnect a recently paired Bluetooth device

Discus and support Reconnect a recently paired Bluetooth device in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I just paired a BT controller and it seems my only way to reconnect when it's needed e.g. a computer restart is literally by removing the device and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pedro Av., Nov 26, 2022.

1. Pedro Av. Win User

Reconnect a recently paired Bluetooth device

So I just paired a BT controller and it seems my only way to reconnect when it's needed e.g. a computer restart is literally by removing the device and pairing it again.So how in the world can I reconnect my controller on Windows anyway? In theory, I could connect it using the "Connect" option from action center, but it only shows video and audio devices.IT SOULD be an easy thing to do like Android does, but, no, it isn't... or is it because it autoconnects itself? Well if that's not the case we would be so happy if you guys add the "Connect" button with an update, whatever if it's for Windo

:)

Pedro Av., Nov 26, 2022

2. Bluetooth devices will not reconnect after paired

After the latest major update to windows 10, my Bluetooth headset and my Bluetooth keyboard, after pairing, will not reconnect after disconnected. These devices have always been able to reconnect for subsequent uses even after original windows 10 install.
    After this latest update, they no longer automatically reconnect. They are both listed in the devices list but will not connect. I have to remove and repair every time. Thanks for any help.

jayanddeborah, Nov 26, 2022
  3. Reconnecting to bluetooth paired device

Hi, I recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. I have several devices paired via bluetooth, including headsets, mobile phones and joysticks (game controllers).

In Win 7, the interface was much simpler - I'd simply go to the bluetooth device section, right-click the device and select connect.

In Win 10, I figured how to do with headsets (right-click the volume icon and select "Playback devices"). It is more complicated, but still works. The device was previously paired and reconnects successfully.

The problem occurs with other devices, especially game controllers. They're paired and work the first time. In Win 7, you would just turn everything o, right-click the device on the list and connect. That simply isn't possible anymore. I've been having to
    select to forget device and pair all over again.

Please tell me there is another way! Or else, the bluetooth on Win 10 just seems broken...

DanielKuhn, Nov 26, 2022
  4. Reconnect a recently paired Bluetooth device

Bluetooth Devices will not Pair

Hi,

Hopefully this is the correct Forum !

I have a Microsoft Mouse 5000 and Wedge keyboard (the early one that does not fold).
    Both have been working perfectly.

Recently I paired them both successfully with a new Samsung tablet, but when I came to use them again on my laptop,
    I found that I could not pair either of them.

I have spent countless hours researching this without success.

Here's where I am now:

Settings > Bluetooth & other devices does not list either of them.
    Device Manager > Bluetooth has both of them showing and reports both working properly.

Device Manager reports as follows:

Notebook Mouse 5000:
    No driver files are required or have been loaded
    The Events tab says that further installation is required

Wedge Mobile Keyboard:
    No driver files are required or have been loaded
    The Events tab says that further installation is required

The 2 Service Discovery Service entries also report that further installation is required.

Can anyone suggest the way forward, please ?

Regards.

stuartgb100, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

Reconnect a recently paired Bluetooth device

1. Reconnect a recently paired Bluetooth device - Similar Threads - Reconnect recently paired

2. Is there no way to gracefully ask Windows to reconnect to an already paired Bluetooth device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there no way to gracefully ask Windows to reconnect to an already paired Bluetooth device?: I'm running Windows 11 on my PC, all drivers are up-to-date. I frequently use my PS4 controller through Bluetooth but it appears that every time I want to reconnect to it, I have to unpair remove the device in Devices in Settings and pair it again. How did Microsoft fail to...
  3. Reconnect a recently paired Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reconnect a recently paired Bluetooth device: So I just paired a BT controller and it seems my only way to reconnect when it's needed e.g. a computer restart is literally by removing the device and pairing it again.So how in the world can I reconnect my controller on Windows anyway? In theory, I could connect it using...
  4. Reconnect a recently paired Bluetooth device

Reconnect a recently paired Bluetooth device: So I just paired a BT controller and it seems my only way to reconnect when it's needed e.g. a computer restart is literally by removing the device and pairing it again.So how in the world can I reconnect my controller on Windows anyway? In theory, I could connect it using...
  5. pair bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pair bluetooth devices: I cant pair Bluetooth devices like mouse and keyboard. I tried to pair using my other laptop it works fine. I check on my settings and remove all the devices that paired before and try it again but still the same....
  6. pair bluetooth devices

pair bluetooth devices: I cant pair Bluetooth devices like mouse and keyboard. I tried to pair using my other laptop it works fine. I check on my settings and remove all the devices that paired before and try it again but still the same....
  7. pair bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Reconnect paired devices to Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reconnect paired devices to Laptop: [ATTACH] I have a problem regarding windows and the reconnecting of paired devices. I have three Bluetooth devices, an Xbox One S controller, an 8bitdo SN30+ controller, and a pair Galaxy Buds +. I have all three connected to my PC. I also have all three paired with my...
  9. Bluetooth device not paired, but visible in Device Manager; Unable to reconnect it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth device not paired, but visible in Device Manager; Unable to reconnect it: I use a DualShock 4 controller to play games on Steam. I've never had issues up until now. Yesterday, I used the same DualShock 4 controller with my PS4, then switched it back to PC, only I noticed that it wasn't in the list of paired devices on my computer anymore. When I...
  10. Bluetooth Devices will not Pair

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Devices will not Pair: Hi, Hopefully this is the correct Forum ! I have a Microsoft Mouse 5000 and Wedge keyboard (the early one that does not fold). Both have been working perfectly. Recently I paired them both successfully with a new Samsung tablet, but when I came to use them again on...