Windows 10: Reconnect computer after wifi password change

Discus and support Reconnect computer after wifi password change in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I changed my wifi password yesterday and have been unable to change the password on my HP computer in Windows 10. The forget network instructions do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stumped#, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Stumped# Win User

Reconnect computer after wifi password change

I changed my wifi password yesterday and have been unable to change the password on my HP computer in Windows 10. The forget network instructions do not work.

:)

Stumped#, Jan 27, 2020

2. Changing my Wifi password

Hi,

To properly reconnect to the WiFi network, it is always advised to forget and reconnect to the network once the password is changed. However, you can follow these steps if you just want to update its password:

• Click the Windows key, then select Settings.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Under WiFi, click Change adapter options.
    • On the Network Connections window, click the WiFi connection.
    • Click the Wireless Properties tab.
    • Verify if your device is connected to the correct network.
    • Click Security.
    • Update the password under Network security key.
    • Click OK, then Close.

Once done, try to check if you are reconnected to the network.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Anomalous WiFi Reconnection

Wondering what (if anything) this was about: WiFi disconnected on wife's computer.

1. Checked, WiFi itself working.
    2. Ran Network Trouble Shooter, which usually fixes such problems; failed.
    3. Ran Hardware Trouble Shooter, nothing found.
    4. Checked Wireless Card in Device Manager; indicated as working properly.
    5. Restarted computer; still no WiFi.
    6. Although Notification icon was black, clicked on it to see if anything there, found that the WiFi network was "Secured." Clicked on that, saw that it was set to connect automatically, clicked on that, failed. Tried once more, failed, so deselected automatic connection, clicked again, and WiFi was reconnect instantaneously.

I think that that covers most, if not all of the steps I took to fix the problem. Any idea as to what caused this, and as to why non-automatic reconnect worked without even asking for the router's password?

Not Myself, Jan 27, 2020
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Help with changing wifi password?

That section is for the password you enter to get into the routers settings. You need to go to your WiFi or wireless settings page, look for the security options, and the WiFi password will be listed as either Password, or Key, or WPA Key.

On my router it's the Password (Network Key) block:

Reconnect computer after wifi password change [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Reconnect computer after wifi password change - Similar Threads - Reconnect computer wifi

2. Wifi disconnects and reconnects after restart, becoming incredibly slow after reconnect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi disconnects and reconnects after restart, becoming incredibly slow after reconnect.: There are days where this happens and days when it doesn't, it doesn't seem to be an isp issue as the wifi difficulties are gone when I restart my pc. A few minutes last time I checked 23 after my pc restarts, it disconnects and reconnects seen in the bottom corner and then...
  3. Wifi disconnects and reconnects after restart, becoming incredibly slow after reconnect.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi disconnects and reconnects after restart, becoming incredibly slow after reconnect.: There are days where this happens and days when it doesn't, it doesn't seem to be an isp issue as the wifi difficulties are gone when I restart my pc. A few minutes last time I checked 23 after my pc restarts, it disconnects and reconnects seen in the bottom corner and then...
  4. Wifi disconnects and reconnects after restart, becoming incredibly slow after reconnect.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Change of WiFi password

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change of WiFi password: I have two printers connected wirelessly to my computer via WiFi.If I change the WiFi password, is there a way to update the password in the printers or do I need re-install the printers?Thanks...
  6. WiFi disconnecting and reconnecting after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi disconnecting and reconnecting after update: I noticed there was an update this morning on my month old gaming laptop and I restarted the laptop. Since restart, my internet has been disconnecting and reconnecting about every 30-40 seconds and there are multiple event logs with the code 7021 - connection telemetry fields...
  7. Wifi not reconnecting after sleep mode

Wifi not reconnecting after sleep mode: Hi All, every time i bring my computer out of sleep mode it does not reconnect to the wifi in my home. I have to manually open the wifi settings and press the connect button. I have checked the tab that says 'connect automatically' and it makes no difference. Does anyone else...
  8. Changing WIFI password

Changing WIFI password: I am using a HP laptop with windows 10. How do I change the password to my WIFI? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-wifi-password/ea31a3ae-9b5b-46c1-a381-45bd8eb3eaf7
  9. wifi password change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    wifi password change: I think someone is piggybacking on my wifi. How can I find out and how can I change the wifi password to stop it. Or any other suggestions would be appreciated. Sandy...
  10. CHANGE WIFI PASSWORD

CHANGE WIFI PASSWORD: Does anyone know how to change the password to connect to WiFi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/change-wifi-password/c848da39-922a-4116-848b-49d409a12944