Windows 10: Reconnect my drive? Which drive?

Discus and support Reconnect my drive? Which drive? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've started getting an announcement at boot time that commands me "Reconnect Your Drive." But the genius who wrote this message left tout one small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Reconnect my drive? Which drive?

I've started getting an announcement at boot time that commands me "Reconnect Your Drive." But the genius who wrote this message left tout one small detail, the drive ID. which drive am I supposed to reconnect? And just HOW am I supposed to reconnect It?

And BTW: I'm supposed to select a "Windows Topic" from a drop-down list below. But NONE of the items a that list bear the slightest relevance to reconnecting this unknown drive. So I selected "other windows apps" and "tools" in the "app category" drop-down list.

Somebody really needs to work on this.

:)

Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, Feb 14, 2019
  2. little cat, Feb 14, 2019
  3. GaryBetty Win User
    How to reconnect file history drive? Windows 10

I cannot reconnect my file history file drive

GaryBetty, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Reconnect my drive? Which drive?

Reconnect your File History Drive

Hi Amma,

You'll see the message Reconnect your File History drive if you have backed up your files using an external hard drive. However, you have the option not to reconnect your external hard drive if you do not want to use it as your back drive.

If you don't want to see the message again, please follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Go to System and Security.
    • Click on File History.
    • Select Turn Off.

If you want to back up your files again, you can simply reconnect the said hard drive and follow the steps provided on this
    link.

Hope this information helps you. In case you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Desiree Yau, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Reconnect my drive? Which drive?

1. Reconnect my drive? Which drive? - Similar Threads - Reconnect drive drive

2. reconnect network drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reconnect network drives: I have a NAS box that provides three network drives X,Y,Z at 192.168.1.24if its not abvailable at start up the drives dont get connected. I have a batch file as follows that connects them if I run it when the NAS is on;@ECHO OFF net use * /d /yECHO reconnectingnet use X:...
  3. reconnect network drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reconnect network drives: I have a NAS box that provides three network drives X,Y,Z at 192.168.1.24if its not abvailable at start up the drives dont get connected. I have a batch file as follows that connects them if I run it when the NAS is on;@ECHO OFF net use * /d /yECHO reconnectingnet use X:...
  4. reconnect network drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Reconnecting Drive D

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reconnecting Drive D: I have somehow disconnected my access to usage of external drive D. Can anyone help me with info? Thanks, Cornelia https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reconnecting-drive-d/bcf2b48c-4cc3-4912-b811-657a632a7adb
  6. Reconnect Drive

Reconnect Drive: I have to reconnect my drive I look how to fix it but here is a pretty bad problem I don't know where that drive is so I can't do anything about it does anyone have suggestions...
  7. Reconnect Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reconnect Drive: I keep getting a message in my notifications I started getting it 3 months ago but when I click the notification box to fix the problem the message box goes away. It says *(Your files will be temporarily copied to your hard drive to reconnect run a disc back up)* I have...
  8. Reconnect your drive?

Reconnect your drive?: I keep getting Reconnect your drive. And it says Your files drive will be temporarily copied to your hard drive until you reconnect your File History drive and run a back-up. And no drive hase been connected or disconnected. This has only been happening since I did a Fresh...
  9. Reconnect your drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reconnect your drive: Once again I haveno idea what this means. I ah this problem which I forgot about, just came back now. Please help. Thank you.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/reconnect-your-drive/63cbc7dd-290b-4a6d-94da-d61423ef4dbe"
  10. Reconnect a drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reconnect a drive: Windows keeps telling me to reconnect a file history drive. I have no idea what drive it is talking about. I think I am getting very close to formatting drive c: *Sad 112477

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file history drive reconnect

2. need to reconnect file history drive

3. reconnect my passport drive