Windows 10: Reconnect Storage Spaces Drives to New Install Win 10 Pro

Discus and support Reconnect Storage Spaces Drives to New Install Win 10 Pro in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am looking for some help with Win 10 Pro Storage Spaces. I had a Win 10 Pro machine with an SSD OS drive and seven internal hard drives combined... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Camperdown, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Reconnect Storage Spaces Drives to New Install Win 10 Pro

I am looking for some help with Win 10 Pro Storage Spaces.

I had a Win 10 Pro machine with an SSD OS drive and seven internal hard drives combined into a Storage Spaces volume.

I read that a clean install of Windows would not affect the Storage Spaces volume, and after having a lot of networking issues which I couldn't get to the bottom of, I did a clean install of Win 10 Pro.

Since re-installing Windows, only the C drive (SSD) is visible to Windows. Disk Manager shows only C and Storage Spaces reports that are no suitable drives installed. Device Manager does show the disks as physically connected, and using Powershell Get-PhysicalDisk command shows the C drive as 'OK' and all the other drives as 'Starting'. I have double checked that I have the correct SATA drivers for the motherboard installed, as before, nothing has been physically disconnected. I have left the PC on overnight, but the drives still just show as 'Starting'.

Does anyone know if there is a command or process to get the drives visible to the OS and 'Started' (i.e. OK) so that I can try to get Storage Spaces to recognise the array and pick it up again?

:)

Camperdown, Mar 12, 2019

2. External Drive using storage spaces does not work on my new Win 10 PC?

Hi Leo,

Storage Spaces not only increase storage over time as you add drivers to your PC, it will also help you in protecting your data from drive failures. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if you were getting any error messages when trying
    to connect the external drive to your new PC. Also, can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and fix issues related to Storage Spaces. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar, then press
      Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

Furthermore, here is a link for more information about the Storage
    Spaces in Windows 10

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Mar 12, 2019
  3. 333t Win User
    How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

4. Reconnect Storage Spaces Drives to New Install Win 10 Pro

little cat, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Reconnect Storage Spaces Drives to New Install Win 10 Pro

1. Reconnect Storage Spaces Drives to New Install Win 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Reconnect Storage Spaces

2. Creating New Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating New Storage Spaces: Hi all,So I am trying to create a new storage space, as my internal disk space is low. I was intending on using an external drive but wasn't too sure what was needed. When I looked on the support section for this option, it said even a USB drive should work but, for some...
  3. Win 10 pro new install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 pro new install: Okay so building a new computer for the first time, I bought a win 10 pro OEM disc with key off of Amazon. Can I just install win 10 pro with a flash drive, than just enter the key from the disk to activate? Or do I need to hook up an external disk drive to run the CD to...
  4. Storage spaces after reinstall win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage spaces after reinstall win 10: Hello, so I had set up a storage pool on windows 10 using 3 2TB drives. It has been a year later, and my main C: drive had failed. I proceeded to get a new SSD, and install windows 10. Installation process went smoothly, until I went to my storage devices. I can see the local...
  5. Storage Space drives not usable by new Windows 10 Pro installation

Storage Space drives not usable by new Windows 10 Pro installation: Struggling to find a solution beside formatting the drives and rebuilding the array. I've installed an SSD in my Plex server. The old Windows 10 setup included a Storage Spaces array. Thew new Win10 setup doesn't acknowledge the array or the drives. UEFI sees the drives, but...
  6. Upgrading Windows 10 pro and storage space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 pro and storage space: I want to upgrade the hardware on my home media server (Plex) running Windows 10 Pro, version 1809. I have my Storage Spaces disks connected using a dedicated RAID card, with the disks configured as JBOD. I wonder, if I upgrade the hardware and reinstall Windows 10 pro to the...
  7. Storage Spaces and Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro

Storage Spaces and Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro: I am planning on upgrading the hardware on my home media server (Plex). It runs on Windows 10 Pro (1809). My Storage Spaces disks are connected to my system via a dedicated RAID card, with the disks just configured as JBOD. It is a 16 disk pool comprising 36TB of raw...
  8. create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces

in Windows 10 Customization
    create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces: Dear all, I have connected two USB storage drives, each one of them is 16 GB. I tried to create a new virtual pool but it did not work out. I thought the size is not enough and it may need extra storage spaces. I connected 64 GB then opened the storage space but I am still...
  9. installing Win 10 on a New Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing Win 10 on a New Drive: i want to install a completely clean install of windows 10 on my new hard drive i just ordered to replace my aging C drive... but i don't want to just to a copy of all the crud and files that are on the current C drive from the past 8 years . what is the best way to go about...
  10. Storage Spaces function in Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces function in Win 10 Pro: Hi Guys.. Been reading about Storage Spaces. All the examples use only 1 HDD....Can SS work with multiple HDD as primary, I mean I have 8 Hard Drives. I understand the pool concept, will the Mirror function mirror all 8 drives... How would one do this? All the examples...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. storage spaces win 10 new installation

2. reconnect drives to storage space