Windows 10: Reconnect your drive, Your File History drive was disconnected for too long

Discus and support Reconnect your drive, Your File History drive was disconnected for too long in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]It is very important to always keep the important files on your computer backed […] This article Reconnect your drive, Your File History drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 4, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Reconnect your drive, Your File History drive was disconnected for too long

WinClub, Feb 4, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Disconnect and reconnect File History drive

Hi David,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To stop file history using a drive, you can try the steps listed below.

Ideally, File History will save copies of your files every hour, so disconnecting and reconnecting the backup drive every hour would be a tedious task. However, if you still would like to go for it, you may try the steps listed
    below.

• Open Settings and go to Update & Security > Backup using File History.
    • Scroll down to Backup to a different drive
      and choose Stop using the drive to disconnect the drive.
    • Later, when you would like to reconnect, go to
      Settings
      >
      Update & security>
      Backup>
      Add a drive to reconnect the drive.

Additional Info: Use File History to backup and restore
    in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 4, 2021
  3. GaryBetty Win User
    How to reconnect file history drive? Windows 10

I cannot reconnect my file history file drive

GaryBetty, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Reconnect your drive, Your File History drive was disconnected for too long

How do I reconnect my file history drive

Hi Mattie,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if File History drive has been disconnected for too long.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to reconnect the File history drive.

Reconnect your File History drive:

• You’ll see this message if your File History drive has been disconnected for too long. If you’re backing up to an external drive (such as a USB drive), make sure that it’s connected to your PC. If you’re backing up to a network location, go to
      Settings > Update & security > Backup and reselect the network.
    • After you’ve reconnected, wait for the next scheduled backup or start a backup manually by selecting
      Settings > Update & security > Backup > More options > Back up now.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with reconnecting File History, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Reconnect your drive, Your File History drive was disconnected for too long

1. Reconnect your drive, Your File History drive was disconnected for too long - Similar Threads - Reconnect drive File

2. How to "reconnect your File History drive".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to "reconnect your File History drive".: I have a Dell windows 10 tower PC. It's about maybe 5 yrs old, it's warranty expired. It wasn't used for a wile. So now I've been getting this message to reconnect my file history drive. I finally tried to see if I can fix it. I clicked on 'stop using drive' under settings,...
  3. How to "reconnect your File History drive".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to "reconnect your File History drive".: I have a Dell windows 10 tower PC. It's about maybe 5 yrs old, it's warranty expired. It wasn't used for a wile. So now I've been getting this message to reconnect my file history drive. I finally tried to see if I can fix it. I clicked on 'stop using drive' under settings,...
  4. How to "reconnect your File History drive".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reconnect your drive error keeps coming up for File History

Reconnect your drive error keeps coming up for File History: Hi, I keep getting this error popping up: "Reconnect your drive. Your File History drive was disconnected for too long. Reconnect is and then tap or click to keep saving copies of your files." Then when I click on this notification, I get a 'warning box': "Reconnect your...
  6. Disconnect and reconnect File History drive

Disconnect and reconnect File History drive: I have been trying to find the way to disconnect my drive after a backup has run. I do not want the drive to be connected all the time but just connect it a few times a day or when anything major changes. I have noticed that the external drive runs even when there is no...
  7. reconnect your drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    reconnect your drive: I received a notice to "reconnect your drive. Your file drive was disconnected for too long" How to solve the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reconnect-your-drive/5b274d27-d5b9-49c3-9ef0-7c33c6e8fe03"
  8. Reconnect your drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reconnect your drive?: I keep getting Reconnect your drive. And it says Your files drive will be temporarily copied to your hard drive until you reconnect your File History drive and run a back-up. And no drive hase been connected or disconnected. This has only been happening since I did a Fresh...
  9. Reconnect your drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reconnect your drive: Once again I haveno idea what this means. I ah this problem which I forgot about, just came back now. Please help. Thank you.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/reconnect-your-drive/63cbc7dd-290b-4a6d-94da-d61423ef4dbe"
  10. File History - reconnect your drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History - reconnect your drive?: [img] 82331