Windows 10: Reconnecting a detached laptop display with an extension cable?

Discus and support Reconnecting a detached laptop display with an extension cable? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So, I have an old Dell Inspiron N5110 and I had to detach the top half from the bottom half due to broken plastic and hinge problems. I currently still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by sallly_mander, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Reconnecting a detached laptop display with an extension cable?

So, I have an old Dell Inspiron N5110 and I had to detach the top half from the bottom half due to broken plastic and hinge problems. I currently still use the bottom half as a computer just fine - it's on a desk attached to a big external monitor. I had a weird idea: I want to build a small mount/stand for the display half of the laptop to prop it up, then connect it to the bottom half (via its original connection) from a few inches away, as if it was an external monitor. Basically, get an...

Read more

sallly_mander, Dec 28, 2021
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Dec 28, 2021
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Dec 28, 2021
  4. Reconnecting a detached laptop display with an extension cable?

File Extension Display

How do you turn on or off the file extensions that are displayed on each line item when you list a folder? Thanks

Kenneth Pincus, Dec 28, 2021
Thema:

Reconnecting a detached laptop display with an extension cable?

1. Reconnecting a detached laptop display with an extension cable? - Similar Threads - Reconnecting detached laptop

2. USB tethering not working after disconnecting and reconnecting the cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB tethering not working after disconnecting and reconnecting the cable: Hello,When I connect my android mobile to my computer and use USB tethering, it works fine.But when I unplug the cable and plug it again then select USB tethering the connection does not work until I restart the computer.Can someone help please....
  3. USB tethering not working after disconnecting and reconnecting the cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB tethering not working after disconnecting and reconnecting the cable: Hello,When I connect my android mobile to my computer and use USB tethering, it works fine.But when I unplug the cable and plug it again then select USB tethering the connection does not work until I restart the computer.Can someone help please....
  4. usb extension cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb extension cable: My computer doesn't recognize the extension cable I'm trying to use to connect the PC to my embroidery machine. What shuld I do?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-extension-cable/0520a70d-799a-4722-b217-a0859b57d754
  5. Enthernet cable keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enthernet cable keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.: submitted by /u/AndrewXVI [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/js59un/enthernet_cable_keeps_disconnecting_and/
  6. USB extension cable issue

USB extension cable issue: So I've bought a couple different USB cables that i have planned to connect together so that i may move my monitor, mouse, and keyboard into a different area of my house without moving my heavy desktop i have an alien ware area 51. though my problem is once i connect two or...
  7. File Extension Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Extension Display: How do you turn on or off the file extensions that are displayed on each line item when you list a folder? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extension-display/c39fb9af-8fd6-401b-808e-dea3496e5346
  8. USB hub not working with active extension cable

USB hub not working with active extension cable: I have a Sabrent 10-Port 60W USB 3.0 Hub that is in my basement and I ran a MutecPower 16 Feet Active USB Extension Cable 3.0 Male to Female with A Extension chipset Signal Booster to the room above where the hub sits. The output on the hub is a usb type b and on the other...
  9. extension cable

in Windows 10 Support
    extension cable: Hello I would like to ask your opinion regarding the purchase of a new extension cable . I've already consulted a video buying guide on but I'd like to know the right model and brand ideal if you've ever been in my place. Thanks in advance for your answers. 139720
  10. usb 2.0 extension cable length

usb 2.0 extension cable length: I need to extend my usb cable and I can get 15 foot extension cables. What will happen when I plug my usb device that has its own 5 foot cable into the 15 foot cable? Will it fail? USB is limited to 5 meters? I have 3 usb devices. GPS, Keyboard, Mouse to plug in. Each...