Windows 10: Reconnecting a DS4 Controller from PC

Discus and support Reconnecting a DS4 Controller from PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I don't normally go through the effort of making posts, normally I can figure things out just by reading other posts. It seems that no matter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CanOwisdom, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Reconnecting a DS4 Controller from PC

Hello,

I don't normally go through the effort of making posts, normally I can figure things out just by reading other posts. It seems that no matter what I do, I can't for the life of me remove my Dualshock 4 controller from my PC as a paired bluetooth device, nor can I connect it and use it after I connected it to my PS4.

Originally, I connected this controller to use only for my PC, and it worked just fine, but today I connected it to my PS4, and now I cannot get it reconnected to my PC for the life of me. Plugging it in did not work, and neither did putting the DS4 in pairing mode, and trying a bluetooth connect. Since I guess the computer already thinks it's connected?

Either way, I wanted to go the route that I thought would be simple: uninstalling the drivers and pair between the controller and the PC. However I have tried removing the device from three locations. Devices and Printers in the control panel, Bluetooth and other devices, and Device manager. For both Devices and printers, and control panel, they both state some form of "device failed to uninstall" And as for Device manager, I have searched all the present connections, as well as the hidden ones, and removed anything relating to a wireless controller in the bluetooth category. After uninstalling and restarting my PC. I find that everything reappears. This is getting increasingly frustrated, and I would appreciate any magical wisdom you all could pass down to me.

As a note, I have entered the following into Command prompt to attempt to find any hidden devices:
    set devmr_show_nonpresent_devices=1

cd %SystemRoot%\System32

start devmgmt.msc

This did nothing, and in addition to that, I went into my services, and turned on/set to automatic from manual the Device Association service, as well as the bluetooth Support service/Bluetooth Driver management service.

:)

CanOwisdom, Mar 16, 2020
  2. posfan12 Win User

DS4 controller on Windows 10

I have a DS4 PlayStation gamepad, and am trying to use it on a PC in a video game called The Witcher 3. When I connect the controller using USB the game detects it properly for the most part. However, when I connect using Bluetooth the game does not detect the device.

In either case, Windows 10 is able to detect it, and I can confirm that the buttons work by viewing the device's "Game controller settings" in the "Devices and Printers" list. The only difference as far as I can tell is that over USB the device will show up in the "Sound, video and game controllers" section of Device Manager, but over Bluetooth it will not.

Is there a way to resolve this issue with the gamepad? Thanks.

posfan12, Mar 16, 2020
  3. DS4 Controller Needs a PIN

I don't know why my DS4 controller needs a PIN to connect, I did not set one, heck i don't even know how to. I have tried to retard my computer, nothing. I unplugged the adapter, still didn't work. I have tried everything i know and it didn't work.

evanpenland, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Reconnecting a DS4 Controller from PC

Broken Internet Driver after DS4 is connected

At first. I thought it was this program for emulating the DS4 controller as an Xbox controller. So I removed it. But it still occurs when I plug in and out the DS4 controller. The internet drops to 0 then disabled itself.

Ashngoy_Uchiha, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Reconnecting a DS4 Controller from PC

1. Reconnecting a DS4 Controller from PC - Similar Threads - Reconnecting DS4 Controller

2. Fake DS4 Controller?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fake DS4 Controller?: How definitive is the serial number check for a PS4 controller (Fix & Replace | PlayStation Support | Sony PlayStation)? If my serial number doesn't come up, is that a sure thing it's fake. I have one I suspect is fake, but I'm not seeing any of the tell tale signs and it...
  3. Can't connect DS4 controller to pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect DS4 controller to pc: I currently have a motherboard that doesn't have a built in bluetooth feature. I wanted to play some games with a DS4 controller wireless so I bought the UB400 bluetooth from tp-link. I've downloaded the drivers and even tried going through DS4windows but my computer won't...
  4. Need help connecting a DS4 controller to windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help connecting a DS4 controller to windows.: Hello, I've been trying to help a friend who has just got his first gaming pc, he wants to use his ps4 controller. The trouble is, windows is detecting the controller as "wireless controller" but no games or steam will detect them. He's using a cable to connect it to his PC....
  5. PS4 controllers, DS4, doesnt pair in wirelles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PS4 controllers, DS4, doesnt pair in wirelles: Hi I'm having a problem trying to pair 2 DS5 contrllers to my pc. I bought 2 of them and a dongle, it was working fine, but for another reason I had to format my pc, then I reinstalled the program I use for connecting DS4 controllers inputmapper and it worked just one time,...
  6. DS4 Controller won't Pair to PC

DS4 Controller won't Pair to PC: I am using a MacBook Pro with Intel i7 and 64-bit Windows 10 via BootCamp. I am trying to connect my DualShock4 PlayStation controller via Bluetooth, but it just will not connect, not even to pair, on Windows. It connected fine when booted in MacOS and works ok, but when I...
  7. Bluetooth not connecting to DS4 controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth not connecting to DS4 controller: I have a QUALCOMM QCA9377chipsetwhich is installed on a Dell Inspiron 3593 with windows 10. I am trying to connect a sony DS4 controller to it via Bluetooth. All other Bluetooth seems to work fine but it cannot connect to the controller. The controller works on other PC’s...
  8. My DS4 controller will not work with my newly built PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My DS4 controller will not work with my newly built PC: I built this PC specifically to play games on with my DS4 controller and everyone I have talked to says that its not supported by windows but there is plug and play for the most part. ive been trying for around 2 weeks now spending hours everyday getting this controller to...
  9. DS4 Controller Needs a PIN

in Windows 10 Customization
    DS4 Controller Needs a PIN: I don't know why my DS4 controller needs a PIN to connect, I did not set one, heck i don't even know how to. I have tried to retard my computer, nothing. I unplugged the adapter, still didn't work. I have tried everything i know and it didn't work....
  10. DS4/PS4 Controller not recognized correctly. PC. Windows 10.

DS4/PS4 Controller not recognized correctly. PC. Windows 10.: I previously had issues with my PS4 controller not being recognized correctly on my pc, and found a fix on a windows support page but it's not something a lot know about, so it's hard to find again. It was a small three lettered abbreviation that i would run through "run",...