Windows 10: Reconnecting to WiFi after my WiFi disconnects disables WiFi adapter, can't re-enable...

Discus and support Reconnecting to WiFi after my WiFi disconnects disables WiFi adapter, can't re-enable... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My house WiFi sometimes cuts out for a second, disconnecting my computer from the WiFi. After this happens, I select my WiFi and press "Connect," and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by penguins_148, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Reconnecting to WiFi after my WiFi disconnects disables WiFi adapter, can't re-enable...

My house WiFi sometimes cuts out for a second, disconnecting my computer from the WiFi. After this happens, I select my WiFi and press "Connect," and immediately, the WiFi menu collapses completely, showing only a text link to Network and Internet settings, and 3 buttonsWiFi, Airplane, and Hotspot.

I go to Control Panel and Network and Sharing Center, and it turns out my WiFi adapter has been disabled. I right-click and press "Enable." A little Control Panel dialogue box pops up in the center of my screen, saying "Enabling," and then eventually saying "Enabled." However, the WiFi adapter doesn't enable.

Restarting fixes the problem, allowing me to re-enable my WiFi adapter in Control Panel. However, it gets stuck on the "Restarting" screen and eventually leads to a BSOD saying "DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE."

It successfully restarts itself after the error info is 100% collected and I'm able to re-enable my WiFi adapter through control panel.

I get the BSOD when restarting only when my WiFi adapter gets disabled.

My WiFi adapter also gets disabled when I try to connect to a WiFi hotspot from a different Windows 10 computer.

I have a Lenovo B590 laptop, Windows 10, and a Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter

:)

penguins_148, Apr 29, 2020

2. WiFi disconnecting frequently but reconnects on running troubleshoot

Hi,

My brand new Asus Vivobook S14 S430FA with Windows 10 1903 is getting disconnected from WiFi frequently.
    I have tried updating the driver and uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and still the problem persists.
    After getting connected to a WiFi, it stays for some time and then gets disconnected.
    But then, if I disable and enable the device driver, or run Diagnose on the WiFi adapter, the WiFi gets reconnected, but again gets disconnected after some time, and this continues.
    On running Diagnosis, it reconnects the WiFi, and says it hasreset the adapter. But the problem still arrives after some time.
    Please help me.

soorajsnair, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Wifi limited/disconnected when Bluetooth is enabled on Win10

My Bluetooth connection seems to be interfering with my Wifi connection. The interference persists even if no Bluetooth devices are connected to my system. I'm working on Win10, updated from Win7 a few days ago. I did not have this issue before the update.

Scenario:

• Both Bluetooth and Wifi are off
    • Switch on Wifi
    • Connected to Wifi with full Internet connectivity
    • Switch on Bluetooth
    • Wifi connection changes to limited connectivity (no Internet) or disconnects
    • Disable and re-enable Wifi adapter; alternatively, restart system.
    • Connected to Wifi with full Internet connectivity immediately after reconnect
    • Wifi connection changes to limited connectivity (no Internet) or disconnects, after a short while (<1m)
    • Disable Bluetooth
    • Disable and enable Wifi adapter; alternatively, restart system
    • Connected to Wifi with full Internet connectivity (same as step 3)
    Is anyone else facing the same issue. If yes, is there anything I could do to fix it? My drivers are all up-to-date and I'm working with an Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230 adapter on Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Update: As suggested by Bendito999 here,
    changing the advanced power settings of my Wireless adapter to "Maximum Performance" seems to circumvent the issue. This is however not a hard solution and only serves to work around the problem.

RoneyMichael, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Reconnecting to WiFi after my WiFi disconnects disables WiFi adapter, can't re-enable...

Lan disconnects frequently on wifi router

I have a wifi router setup,
    internet on my laptop works fine which is connected on wireless
    but my pc which is connected through lan with wifi router get disconnected after some time, and to make it work I have to disable and then enable it.

Please help regarding this issue.

smartali89, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Reconnecting to WiFi after my WiFi disconnects disables WiFi adapter, can't re-enable...

1. Reconnecting to WiFi after my WiFi disconnects disables WiFi adapter, can't re-enable... - Similar Threads - Reconnecting WiFi WiFi

2. WiFi adapter disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi adapter disabled: WiFi disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-disabled/dc88b5c1-c307-463a-9b9b-3c8de547e235
  3. WiFi adapter disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi adapter disabled: WiFi disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-disabled/dc88b5c1-c307-463a-9b9b-3c8de547e235
  4. Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting: Hello,In shot, this is a USB wifi adapter issue with a very long history of being a nuisance. Windows 11.The current problem is that Windows Update recently started to update my driver to:Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Net - 5001.15.129.0The current driver version...
  5. WiFi disconnecting and reconnecting after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi disconnecting and reconnecting after update: I noticed there was an update this morning on my month old gaming laptop and I restarted the laptop. Since restart, my internet has been disconnecting and reconnecting about every 30-40 seconds and there are multiple event logs with the code 7021 - connection telemetry fields...
  6. Wifi disconnects and doesn't automatically reconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi disconnects and doesn't automatically reconnect: Because of the low Wi-Fi bandwidth and with full bars in the start screen, the Wi-Fi disconnects the network. After several minutes without an internet connection, it doesn't automatically reconnect. The Wi-Fi that I connected were checked that automatically reconnect after a...
  7. Wifi Adapter Disconnecting from Wifi Router

Wifi Adapter Disconnecting from Wifi Router: Hello Guys, My pc is around 5 years old, recently I started having cut outs in my wifi connection. I have comcast but since the modem is far away, I use a network card to connect to the router. The router I use is NetGear R6250 its an AC compatible router or wifi 5 as now...
  8. WiFi adapter randomly disconnects

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi adapter randomly disconnects: I'm running Windows 10 pro 2004 Build 19041.388. Currently, my WiFi adapter disconnects randomly for a very short time. This results in the "no Internet"-globe symbol with no networks nearby for a few seconds. I have tested with 2 brands (Netgear, tp-link) and different...
  9. Wifi Adapter always disconnects

Wifi Adapter always disconnects: Hello. I have a big problem with my laptop Asus Vivobook. It often disables the wifi adapter automatically and when this happens my laptop usually freezes and restarts it shows the blue screen of death a lot. This also happens whenever I move my laptop, even just a little...
  10. WIFI adapter keeps disconnecting

WIFI adapter keeps disconnecting: Anybody know when there might be a fix for the wifi adapter to keep disconnecting? Was on 1909 then reverted back to 1809 to try and fix but to no avail. Have to keep troubleshooting and resetting the adapter, it's BS to say the least never mind frustrating. I've tried all...