Windows 10: Reconnecting without configuration changes from network in Windows 10

Discus and support Reconnecting without configuration changes from network in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I use a laptop and internet to me is available through a network which is wireless completely. The network uses Sophos firewall. So when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by datatraveler2012, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Reconnecting without configuration changes from network in Windows 10

Hi,

I use a laptop and internet to me is available through a network which is wireless completely.

The network uses Sophos firewall.

So when I switch on my laptop first my wifi adaptors connect to network here a password is saved so I do not have to enter each time

password manually. The network is connected. But to use internet I have to open browser

and there is a link which is many times detected by browsers many times I manually have to enter it is

http://192.0.2.254/?redirect=https%3A//secure.mydomain.com%3A8090

then I am presented with a username and password login screen where I like all other users enter my credentials and then I am connected to wireless network and internet.

Now many a times there are power cuts. Due to which I have to each time enter domain credentials because I get disconnected from the wifi.

What happens is if there are frequent power cuts in an hour then each time I get disconnected from the router and after 4-5 disconnects I am presented with a message login failed you have reached maximum login limits.

See the screenshot below.

Reconnecting without configuration changes from network in Windows 10 df8de3f1-57d2-466f-8007-e1c9c6149a8a?upload=true.jpg

Now is there a way that after each time I have a power failure or network disruption I do not need to manually enter my user name and password let the network or router assume I was logged in before the power cut and I have not changed any thing or not added an extra device I am sitting at the same machine and same place just due to power cut I got disconnected.

So I do not need to login each time again and again. I am just a user in this system so I need suggestions from my point.

In case there is any app or utility or script that can make the system believe that I did not logged out and logged in again it was just a power cut and restore things from where power cut happened.

:)

datatraveler2012, Sep 12, 2019

2. How do I change the network adapter name? (Windows 10)

Press Windows Key + R, type secpol.msc and press Enter to run it. In Local Security Policy window, go to the Network List Manager Policies in the left pane. Now in the right pane double click on the network name that you want to change. In the Properties windows under the Name section make sure that Name is selected. Now in the input field enter the name that you wish to use for your connection. Click Apply then OK to save the changes. And you might have to log in again or to restart your computer before the changes are applied.

lorraine walsh, Sep 12, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    AsRock, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Reconnecting without configuration changes from network in Windows 10

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Reconnecting without configuration changes from network in Windows 10

1. Reconnecting without configuration changes from network in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reconnecting without configuration

2. reconnect network drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reconnect network drives: I have a NAS box that provides three network drives X,Y,Z at 192.168.1.24if its not abvailable at start up the drives dont get connected. I have a batch file as follows that connects them if I run it when the NAS is on;@ECHO OFF net use * /d /yECHO reconnectingnet use X:...
  3. reconnect network drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reconnect network drives: I have a NAS box that provides three network drives X,Y,Z at 192.168.1.24if its not abvailable at start up the drives dont get connected. I have a batch file as follows that connects them if I run it when the NAS is on;@ECHO OFF net use * /d /yECHO reconnectingnet use X:...
  4. reconnect network drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. NETWORK CONFIGURATION

NETWORK CONFIGURATION: HOW DO I SET UP A PRINTER FOR NETWORKING IF THE PRINTER, AND BOTH COMPUTERS ARE CONNECTED TO THE ROUTER. THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-configuration/128be2d0-8e0d-4c3b-8ab8-338bc96299d4
  6. Only Returning From Sleep Reconnects Network

Only Returning From Sleep Reconnects Network: Every now and then I lose my wireless network connection on this laptop. Trying to connect manually fails as does using the trouble shooter. I reconnect by putting the laptop to sleep then returning. Any idea what's going on? Thanks as always. 144253
  7. Change Windows 10 WiFi password WITHOUT FORGETTING NETWORK

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Windows 10 WiFi password WITHOUT FORGETTING NETWORK: Is it just me or does Windows 10 make it an absolute nightmare to change a previously saved password? Unfortunately we have rotating ridiculous passwords like: L<[_[)hKZs==wMW`2qB/ysE4Cr$L]~nJdG@_(CyHQP.7UxuyUaj&F{tD~?zdQ But it also requires a user ID that is complex -...
  8. Network configuration Windows 10

Network configuration Windows 10: version 1809 build 17763.1 Since the last changes to the permissions and networking configuration I'm fighting with a setup of three PC's and a laptop. I spent last couple of days trying to fix whatever MSFT is changing and at this point I need some suggestions. I managed...
  9. a network drive will not reconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    a network drive will not reconnect: I cannot reconnect a network drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/a-network-drive-will-not-reconnect/9208f7b9-da0b-4542-b1b4-f5831b1fab30
  10. Network Disconnect and Reconnect

Network Disconnect and Reconnect: Hello Since upgrading to Windows 10 I been getting random network disconnects? in Event Viewer I get load of these errors Event 27 Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection Network link is disconnected. Event 33 Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection Network...